• 119 results
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Pokeysteve

Joker and Goblin are obvious. Zsasz and Dr. Light are less obvious.

With the Galactus discussion, I think he'd be a villain. Even if he does think of us as bacteria, we have feeling and thoughts and emotions. Actual Bacteria do not. We've studied them.  Why couldn't he feed on planets that were uninhabited. It's not what he does that makes him a villain but rather his attitude. With all his Heralds it wouldn't be too hard to locate non-populated Solar Systems. 
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@Pokeysteve: Unless the life-filled planets - and I'm just throwing this out there, since it is fictional - are rich with energy based on the progression of life and patterns 616 earthlings take for granted.
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By mark5

Superboy Prime

Hal Jordan (yes he slaughtered his Corps) or should i say Parallax
Hank Henshaw
Thanos
Darkseid
Apocalypse.
Sinestro
Loki
Black Adam (3 million people)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By joshmightbe
@Pokeysteve: most planets without life at least in the marvel universe are inert and don't have the energy needed to sustain him, simply put if he only feed on lifeless planets he'd end up starving to death
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By joshmightbe

A real irredeemable villain is Jinny McCarthy with her anti-vaccination campaign based on a study riddled with inaccuracies and out right lies, she's basically more willing to risk the lives of children than admit shes wrong the truth is kids who get vaccines have no more likelihood of becoming autistic than those who aren't but you know what chances do increase without vaccines? Death from easily preventable diseases  

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Amen to that.
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By VanTesla

Galactus is not evil... Galactus can only survive by eating planets. Galactus has in the past defended the universe and takes no pleasure in killing.

Phoenix destroy's life and creates life to balance the universe from utter destruction. Also when the Dark Phoenix appears is mostly triggered by the host emotions corrupting it or appears for a reason unkown to us.

Death in Marvel 616 is evil in the fact that it takes pleasure in manipulation and destruction on a galactic scale.

Magneto is a hard case in he is in the grey area many times in 616 and has decent intentions that backfire or go to extreme. AOA Magneto is a hero in all. Ultimate Magneto is pure evil compared to the other versions.

Punisher is not evil at all for he kills those that threaten innocents and he would never hurt those who are good people. Saying the Punisher is evil is like saying soldiers are evil for they kill people that just have a different view on things.

Wade is crazy and I consider him more evil than good from his past actions.

Red Skull is evil for he would kill any person of different color, religion, and ideals. Red Skull is in all aspects worse than Stalin and Hitler combined.

Thanos is pure genocide and never had a ounce of good in him and only rarely let's some one live for he has his own set of code just like Darkseid. Sad fact about Thanos is that he is most likely this way because of his own race being destroyed and a product of how he was rased by Death.

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VanTesla: Ah, but doesn't Thanos being a product of Death sort of factor out the idea of a spectrum of good and evil? Death is absolute. Good and evil are still speculation.
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By VanTesla
@sesquipedalophobe said:

@VanTesla: Ah, but doesn't Thanos being a product of Death sort of factor out the idea of a spectrum of good and evil? Death is absolute. Good and evil are still speculation.

Problem is that the Death of Marvel 616 is not the only one in the Marvel Multiverse...  There are other version that do not interfere in mortal affairs and do the job of what Death is suppose to do and guide the dead to wherever... Death of 616 screws with the balance of the universe for it's pleasure and is thus evil for not only breaking the laws set forth but enjoying it as well. Death is suppose to be neutral but this Death is truely one sided.
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VanTesla: If Death is just an incarnation of an elemental force like all of the other gods, then the idea of pleasure would then be justified and a correct course. It wouldn't be evil, just a matter of enjoying her role in existence.
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By VanTesla
@sesquipedalophobe said:

@VanTesla: If Death is just an incarnation of an elemental force like all of the other gods, then the idea of pleasure would then be justified and a correct course. It wouldn't be evil, just a matter of enjoying her role in existence.

But this Death is not the true Death in that Death is not suppose to have human emotions and 616 Death can actually die. If 616 Death can die then it is not the all powerfull Death (true Death) just like 616 Lucifer is not the only devil of Marvel or the most powerfull.
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VanTesla: Oh, okay. What is truly good and evil, then? (I mean in the 616 Marvel Universe.) You're telling me there are many incarnations of Death in the other universes who don't interfere, but this one is different in what sense? I think she has done an excellent job so far, but evil never came to mind.
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By VanTesla
@sesquipedalophobe
She is evil for this Death causes chaos that is suppose to only come from mortals and not from the being that guides the souls to the afterlife. Death is interfering with the natural order that even this Death has gained wrath from fellow gods, and was once erased from existence for it's crimes. Also Death is not suppose to gift/curse beings with immortality for it contradicts Deaths purpose. This Deaths influence and corruption go agaisnt every aspect of it's role and that it's has emotion that make it enjoy suffering proves this Death is corrupt and thus evil.
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By VanTesla

Shuma Gorath is irredeemable and pure evil.
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VanTesla: But how do the other gods decide what is good and evil? Corruption doesn't necessarily make something evil, just easily adaptive or contorted. Depending.
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By VanTesla
@sesquipedalophobe said:

I don't think either of us are going to change our opinion on what is considered evil and we would just go back and forth forever... Let's just agree to disagree. :)
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VanTesla: Yeah, that seems fair enough. It's been nice talking with you.
Avatar image for monsterobsessor
MonsterObsessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By MonsterObsessor

The real Alex Mercer. After all, he "wasn't paid to feel".

Darth Malek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Darth Malek

Magneto and Charles were based on Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. Both want what's best for their people but one just chooses to be an aggressor.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By VanTesla
@sesquipedalophobe
I like a good civil arguement that even if neither side will change opinion one can still respect another. Better than all the bad shouting that just sounds like immature children fighting over who is right. :)
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VanTesla: Oh, I do that too. I'm multifaceted and junk.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By joshmightbe
@VanTesla: if it weren't for shouting and immaturity my family would never communicate 
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Pokeysteve
@sesquipedalophobe@joshmightbe: Good points. I know next to nothing about Galactus. Never read a book with him in it and outside of Punisher and Ghost Rider I don't read any Marvel. How about this then........if it was Superman or Batman who needed to kill billions of people to survive what would they do?
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mark5

Also Plutonian

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By VanTesla
@sesquipedalophobe
We all do it once in a while and especialy when emotion heat up. Human nature for many people.
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By VanTesla
@joshmightbe said:

@VanTesla: if it weren't for shouting and immaturity my family would never communicate 

I know what you mean actualy for I have some of that as well... Atleast sometimes it can be entertaining. :)

Cthulhu is another irredeemable.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By joshmightbe
@Pokeysteve: Galactus is different from Superman and Batman in that he really doesn't even see the life on the Planet as people because he is a being so far beyond them in literally every way that they simply can't matter to him. Calling Galactus evil is like calling a hurricane or an earth quake evil  
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mark5

Galactus eats planets because if he doesn't he will die and the universe will be destroyed. He is not evil. 
@joshmightbe said:

Calling Galactus evil is like calling a hurricane or an earth quake evil  

this
@VanTesla said:
Shuma Gorath is irredeemable and pure evil.
what did Shuma ever do?
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By VanTesla
@Pokeysteve said:

@sesquipedalophobe@joshmightbe: Good points. I know next to nothing about Galactus. Never read a book with him in it and outside of Punisher and Ghost Rider I don't read any Marvel. How about this then........if it was Superman or Batman who needed to kill billions of people to survive what would they do?

Most likely because of their persona they would rather kill themselfs.
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: I think it would depend on the circumstances and why they must kill the people. Batman and Superman have such strong morals, though. Galactus was basically stripped of his humanity the second of the Big Bang. Without knowing who he was (from my side) and only why he must do it, it's understandable from his point of view. I think of it like this: if I were essentially a higher being with more at stake (basically, my life), felt I contributed more to the universe than anyone else and my last life was taken from me, I would rock the universe like a cosmic hair band.
Edit: The coffee is kicking in, but I'll assume my post made sense.
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By VanTesla
@joshmightbe
But Galactus has been shown to have some emotion towards all he destroys but he has been doing it for so long you kinda become hardened.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pokeysteve
@joshmightbe: But hurricanes and other natural disasters aren't sentient. 

@sesquipedalophobe: Not only did it make sense but a cosmic hair band sounds bad ass!! I think that's what Lobo listens to haha anyways I think a lot of the most popular villains do what they think is right even when it's clearly wrong. It's the heroes job to try and show them why it's wrong. Killing billions of people is wrong. Marvel's heroes have to show him why. 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By joshmightbe
@Pokeysteve: But is it evil to want to live? Not to mention the fact that if Galactus does starve to death the entire universe will die with him
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By VanTesla
@Pokeysteve said:

@joshmightbe: But hurricanes and other natural disasters aren't sentient. 

@sesquipedalophobe: Not only did it make sense but a cosmic hair band sounds bad ass!! I think that's what Lobo listens to haha anyways I think a lot of the most popular villains do what they think is right even when it's clearly wrong. It's the heroes job to try and show them why it's wrong. Killing billions of people is wrong. Marvel's heroes have to show him why. 

But if he stops he will die and if he dies a major part of the universe will be destroyed as well... Best thing to do is try making some kind of tech/magic that can be a alterneaive food supply. I don't doubt Galactus hasn't tried to create such a thing but failed to come up with any results.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By joshmightbe
@VanTesla: Actually Skarr's mother was going to use the old power to give him enough sustainents  that he wouldn't need to feed for a century but Skarr screwed it up and purposefully allowed Galactus to eat his world yet no one called him evil 
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By VanTesla
@joshmightbe
Well you could chalk it up as Skarr being a foolish child...
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By joshmightbe
@VanTesla: I guess but it should be stated that he had the chance to spare possibly thousands of civilizations and turned it down basically just to be a dick
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By VanTesla
@joshmightbe said:

@VanTesla: I guess but it should be stated that he had the chance to spare possibly thousands of civilizations and turned it down basically just to be a dick

Well a majority of adolescent male teens are dicks. :)
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By joshmightbe
@VanTesla: I was an ass hole as a teenager but genocide always seemed bad to me, and theres the fact that he knew exactly what he was doing 
VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By VanTesla
@joshmightbe said:

@VanTesla: I was an ass hole as a teenager but genocide always seemed bad to me, and theres the fact that he knew exactly what he was doing 

True. True. Maybe if he had a father figure around during the time he would have been not as bad. :) Get his ass wooped if he tried that crap. :)
LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By LP

If it hasn't been mentioned 50 times already - Lex Luthor is my pick for most irredeemable.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By VanTesla
@LP said:

If it hasn't been mentioned 50 times already - Lex Luthor is my pick for most irredeemable.

He is definetly up there with basically destroying many time lines because of his selfishness.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Pokeysteve
@joshmightbe@VanTesla: If a chunk of the Universe dies with him then that's a different story and he's probably not so much a villain. Like I said I don't really know anything about him. Wish someone would have said a few posts ago lol thank's for the info and the chat guys. 
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only true villains are the ones who admit to being villains. For instance, any of Captain Planet's enemies.

virgin4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By virgin4life

why'd no one say Lobo

Avatar image for mysteriousblack
MysteriousBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#96  Edited By MysteriousBlack

The Joker.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#97  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@virgin4life said:
why'd no one say Lobo
He's not a villain.

And the answer is Bendis.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#98  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@virgin4life said:
why'd no one say Lobo
He's not a villain.And the answer is Bendis.
so true
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#99  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Joker
Red Skull
Green Goblin
Superman Prime