• 55 results
#1 Edited by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

Lawful Good - A lawful good character typically acts with compassion, honor and a strong sense of duty to the lawful officials and justice. A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to, with the discipline to keep the law. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished, but may be conflicted if the law requires them to take a side they might not believe in. (Superman, Captain America)

"It is my duty to uphold the law with truth and justice"

Neutral Good - A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others and stopping injustice in the world. A Neutral Good character is guided by his conscience and combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. They do not fight for themselves or a higher power, but to protect innocents. A Neutral Good character has no problems with co-operating with lawful officials, but does not feel beholden to them. Has a strong sense of what's right and wrong. (Batman, Spider-Man)

"What you are doing is evil, and I will stop you because it's the right thing to do"

Chaotic Good- A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, and acts as an antihero. He believes in stopping evil, but has little use for laws and regulations. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may be violent and often out of alignment with how society would want them to. But they will fight for what they believe in, and give no mercy. (Wolverine, Spawn)

"No sympathy for the wicked, don't get in my way"

Disclaimer - Not my definitions at all. All definitions go to the internet.

#2 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I lean more towards Chaotic good, but I really don't mind as long the stories are good.

#3 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Reluctant heroes- The hero who ''wants'' to save all , but he has to have find some form of self confidence and has to get used to people relying on him

#4 Posted by Leon_Dissada (4389 posts) - - Show Bio

chaotic or anti-hero

#5 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9888 posts) - - Show Bio

Natsu: Fun most of the time, doesn't take too many things seriously, but piss him off and he will wreck your sh!t

I'm more of a villain person though

#6 Posted by Xwraith (17314 posts) - - Show Bio

Where would Green Arrow fit in here?

#7 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (13686 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: I think he would be in the middle.

#8 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral and chaotic are more my speed. I like the lawful ones too, but sometimes they can annoy me with their goody-goody nature.

#9 Posted by Xwraith (17314 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (13686 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: All of them have good chars in each of the types

#11 Edited by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

Where would Green Arrow fit in here?

Neutral Good.

He see's evil and injustice and fights to stop it because its the right thing to do. He doesn't need the law to tell him that, but doesn't put others in harms way to get the job done.

#12 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7820 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: Cool thread idea.

I'd say nutral good for me. The lawful good, if not written well, can come off a little annoying and Boy Scout-ish.

Although I do like the characters in each category, I have to say nutral good is what intrests me the most.

#13 Posted by New_World_Order (13036 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill.

#14 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral good and chaotic good.

#15 Edited by PokemonDefender (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Lawful neutral. People that honor a code or their own moral compass. Like a Samurai who believes in order and strong government.

#16 Edited by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by New_World_Order (13036 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5784 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral Good, most of my favorite heroes fit in this category.

I also like the reluctant hero, its my favorite kind of hero.

#19 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: Yes Neutral good is generally the most well liked since alot of heroes fall in that category.

#20 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly lawful good and neutral good. Though I'm not sure which category Ultimate Cap or Cyclops falls under....

#21 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Natsu: Fun most of the time, doesn't take too many things seriously, but piss him off and he will wreck your sh!t

I'm more of a villain person though

"You hurt my Nakama...and I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!"

#22 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Where does Bruce Banner goes..hmm I think it's chaotic good

#23 Posted by Spawn92 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaotic good for me,

#24 Posted by JediXMan (30336 posts) - - Show Bio

The smart, tactical characters who are not afraid to do what's necessary.

To name a few:

Moderator Online
#25 Posted by The Stegman (23949 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral good definitely. I like Lawful good too,

but I almost never like Chaotic...except for this guy.

#27 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18022 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite characters are diverse from one another, but i guess most of all i like psychically challenged and sympathetic Characters, multiple personality split , hard childhood, life of tormented etc.( hulk and x-23)

I also love the good/everyman type of characters, who make you laugh and can get serious as well( Spider-man)

but mostly all my favorites are more Good/neutral.

#28 Posted by Teerack (5842 posts) - - Show Bio

I like teenage heroes. Usually girls that don't act like whiny little b***hes. Like Spider-Girl or Hawkeye for example. And other then Alpha I don't tent to like super strong people like superman. I think somewhere around Spider-Man level is the perfect level of power. I like them to act good, but be realistic and selfish not just a bunch of goodie too shoes.

#29 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I wouldn't label Cap as goody two shoes, boy scout maybe.

#30 Posted by Teerack (5842 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I wouldn't label Cap as goody two shoes, boy scout maybe.

I would. Not Ultimate Cap, but I would 616 cap.

#31 Posted by ThexX (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

always go for the chaotic good/ sometimes a bad guy is just too crazy or harmful to society as a whole to let live. thats why i enjoyed x-force and superior spider-man's killing of that massacre guy

#33 Edited by JediXMan (30336 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite characters are diverse from one another, but i guess most of all i like psychically challenged and sympathetic Characters, multiple personality split , hard childhood, life of tormented etc.( hulk and x-23)

Definitely agree with this. I'm not a Hulk fan, but I like the traits you mentioned - and I'm a big fan of X-23.

Moderator Online
#34 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I like em all, my favorite characters range throughout all three. I like lawful good (Superman, Captain America) neutral good (Spider-Man, Thing, Batman, Green Lantern) and chaotic good too ( Hulk, Venom)

Question: where does Hawkeye and Daredevil fit? I'm borderline neutral and chaotic with those two.

#37 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18022 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@theacidskull said:

Definitely agree with this. I'm not a Hulk fan, but I like the traits you mentioned - and I'm a big fan of X-23.

X-23 Kicks arse!

#38 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral good, they're often the most liked characters because most of them don't have that large amount of power and therefor shows a more human side you can relate to.

#39 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

I like em all, my favorite characters range throughout all three. I like lawful good (Superman, Captain America) neutral good (Spider-Man, Thing, Batman, Green Lantern) and chaotic good too ( Hulk, Venom)

Question: where does Hawkeye and Daredevil fit? I'm borderline neutral and chaotic with those two.

I'd say they're neutral.

#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33050 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like there should be another category

#41 Edited by JulieDC (910 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I prefer lawful good but neutral good comes in real close second.

#42 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
politically incorrect, hate a minority or is against social acceptable norm

#43 Edited by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Netutal/chaotic good for me

#45 Edited by Jackmaa (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now, I say that my favourite type is the "No pity for those who wronged people".

Ex: Red Lanterns, The Punisher, Spawn, and Dredd (which I just began after I finally watched the movie, the one with Karl Urban)

#46 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Chaotic Heroes. Spidey, Green Arrow, Nightwing. I have always loved the Vigilantes. Or the more Human side of comic hero. I do love Thor, Apollo, Superman, ect. I used to love the Supreme comics from the 90's by Image. But I do mostly go for the Martial Art/Ninja/Assassin type characters.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33050 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: I'm not sure, it just seems like something is missing. For instance I don't think John Constantine would fit any of these categories

#48 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

neutral good.

#49 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: Lol at the fact that you put Batman under lawful good.

#50 Posted by i_like_swords (13991 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaotic Good is probably my favorite with characters like Punisher and Deadpool, then neutral good characters would come second usually (Spider-man, Hawkeye). Although I do like Captain America, not because of his morals and motives so much but I like his character and his stories.