Which Titles Had the Best Stories Overall In Villain's Month?

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Which Titles Had the Best Stories Overall In Villain's Month? (2 votes)

Action Comics (Cyborg Superman, Zod, Lex, Metallo) 0%
Superman (Bizarro, Brainiac, H'el, Parasite) 0%
Batman/Superman (Doomsday) 0%
Batman (Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Bane) 0%
Batman and Robin (Two-Face, Court of Owls, Ra's, Killer Croc) 50%
Batman Dark Knight (Ventriloquist, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Joker's Daughter) 0%
Detective Comics (Poison Ivy, Harley, Scarecrow, Man-Bat) 0%
Green Lantern (Relic, Mongul, Black Hand, Sinestro) 0%
Wonder Woman (Cheetah, First Born) 0%
Flash (Grodd, Reverse-Flash, The Rogues) 0%
Earth 2 (Desaad, Solomon Grundy) 0%
Aquaman (Black Manta, Ocean Master) 50%
Green Arrow (Count Vertigo) 0%
Teen Titans (Trigon, Deathstroke) 0%
Swamp Thing (Arcane) 0%
Justice League (Darkseid, Lobo, Dial E, Secret Society) 0%
Justice League Dark (Creeper, Eclipso) 0%
Justice League of America (Deadshot, Killer Frost, Shadow Thief, Black Adam) 0%
Haven't Read Any SHOW ME THE RESULTS!! 0%

So I realize a lot of people are disappointed about villain's month overall and I can understand that to a certain extent. I also understand the money making scheme that it was. Still I found myself grabbing a lot of these books and reading them while for the most part enjoying them. There were very few that I bought that were outright duds (except Doomsday blech) but yes there were plenty of mediocre ones (Ivy). The ones that I liked a lot though were more numerous (Penguin, Two-Face, Zod, Brainiac, Arcane) and some of them were good stories to introduce me to characters I hadn't really known before (Man-Bat, Relic, Parasite).

Here is the question: Dividing each of these villains books into the sets that they were released into which was the best overall in your opinion. I also realize putting 4 books up against 1 is not necessarily fair but I figure people will vote on both sides of that so it will even out.

Personal Pick: Batman and Robin. Two-Face I believe is my pick of the litter (and I bought quite a lot of these books) just a great portrayal of the character and his nature. I haven't read Court of Owls yet as I'm not up to date with new 52 Batman (and my trend seems to be with these to get 3/4 of the titles). Ra's was a very pretty comic and while a little jumpy with dates it is to be expected with such an ancient figure. And Killer Croc which I just finished was great as well a little over reliant on the bad childhood crutch which Tony and co. have pointed out but the rest was great.

Runners Up: GL (Relic 4/5, Mongul 4/5, Black Hand couldn't get, Sinestro 3.5/5). Honourable Mention to Swamp Thing (Arcane was awesome), Batman (skipped Joker, was let down by Riddler, thought Penguin was amazing and Bane was great), Superman (couldn't get Bizarro, skipped H'el, but thought Brainiac was awesome and Parasite was beautiful) and Action Comics (haven't gotten yet Cyborg Supes or Metallo but want to just budget concerns, Zod was 5/5 great and Lex was a solid 4).

• 
Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blackdog2009

In this order:

Darkseid

Ocean Master

Mongul

Black Manta

The Riddler

Zod

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Well, have yet to read this week's....but if we have to group by main-title, I think I can't pick a winner because for every one that was solid, there was a crap issue. I tended to like the ones that were "what are they currently doing" rather than the origin reboots. Really liked Two-Face.

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@blackdog2009: i'm assuming you are the duder who picked aquaman cause that is how this poll is grouped by titles.

2 Votes That is All :(