Which Superheroes Could Keep Their Secret Identity Hidden

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jonEsherfey

If superheros were real and lived in our modern world which superheroes do you think would be be able to keep their secret identitys hidden and which would be coaught. I think Superman would obviously be caught because he is a ripped guy working at a newspaper and when he puts on his glasses no one can see the resemblance. Anyway which do you think will and won't be found out.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@jonEsherfey: I doubt anyone would point it out if they did know his secret identity because no one in the real world would have the balls to piss off a guy who can knock the moon out of orbit

wimble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By wimble23

I don't think Batman would be figured out if he didn't have Robin. Someone would have to notice that every time Bruce took in a new ward there was a new Robin that was the same height and everything.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree

Billy Batson/Captain Marvel would be pretty much impossible to figure out.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

The Martian Manhunter or any other shape-shifter could easily maintain his secret identity. What I don't get is why he takes the form of a green-humanoid for his superhero persona; it's neither his native appearance or a form that allows him to fully assimilate with humans. Both his Manhunter form and his John Jones form should be altered to reflect a more Adonis-like appearance. They could have different hair colors and skin tones, but both be incarnations of human perfection. At least that's what I'd do if I were a super-powered shape-shifter, no matter what world I was from.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@RideASpaceCowboy: I think Jonn is trying to merge the human look with the Martian look, and I like that he chooses a unique look instead of being someone else's definition of perfect

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

The Martian Manhunter or any other shape-shifter could easily maintain his secret identity. What I don't get is why he takes the form of a green-humanoid for his superhero persona; it's neither his native appearance or a form that allows him to fully assimilate with humans. Both his Manhunter form and his John Jones form should be altered to reflect a more Adonis-like appearance. They could have different hair colors and skin tones, but both be incarnations of human perfection. At least that's what I'd do if I were a super-powered shape-shifter, no matter what world I was from.

his superhero form is like that because it's kind of a mix of his true form and a human and as such a little bit less scary to humans

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

He takes that form because when he was first teleported to Earth, his Martian appearance scared the dude who teleported him there so badly that he died of a heart attack. To prevent a repeat occurrence, and set the minds of his more normal looking allies at ease, he takes a form that has elements of both human and Martian traits.

@jonEsherfey said:

If superheros were real and lived in our modern world which superheroes do you think would be be able to keep their secret identitys hidden and which would be coaught. I think Superman would obviously be caught because he is a ripped guy working at a newspaper and when he puts on his glasses no one can see the resemblance. Anyway which do you think will and won't be found out.

Clark's appearance is more than a pair of glasses. Superman slumps over, styles his hair different, regulates his breathing in such a way as to appear more overweight. He wears baggy clothing that further disguises his physique, and even changes his voice slightly between the two identities, speaking with a more humble, hesitant cadence as Clark and a confidant, powerful, tone as Superman. What people see is mostly what they expect to see. They expect to see good old bumbling farmboy Clark, they see good old bumbling farmboy Clark.

On topic, I'd say someone like Spider-Man could keep his secret, given that his Spider Sense warns him when he's about to unmask in view.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Cap10nate

I loved the issue of Simonson's Thor when Fury gave Thor glasses to use as a civilian identity and he says 'it worked for the other guy' and then he bumped into Clark and Lois and Clark ponders if it is really Thor. I loved the little dig in tbe issue why Thor knocking Clark to the ground insinuating that Thor is stronger than Supes.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@The_Tree said:

Until he grows up

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jorgevy

actually i think people joke a lot about Supes disguise, but i think in the real world it would take tons of time until someone connected the dots. Like in the original Superman movies Reeves could change in seconds from Clark to Supes and it felt like two completelly different people. obviously with cameras and youtube and everything it would be harder but taking into account Supes speed and flight maybe not that easy.

on the topic at hand, I think most heroes, if they actually tried, would get away with it. people just kinda dont want to see the obvious, and that's even bigger in real life. though the ones that would definatally not get caught would be the fastest ones (like Flash). super fast clothing change, can almost be at two places at once, etc...

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Punisher would be caught XD

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The Flash would be pretty hard to figure out.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal19

@JonSmith said:

@jonEsherfey said:

Clark's appearance is more than a pair of glasses. Superman slumps over, styles his hair different, regulates his breathing in such a way as to appear more overweight. He wears baggy clothing that further disguises his physique, and even changes his voice slightly between the two identities, speaking with a more humble, hesitant cadence as Clark and a confidant, powerful, tone as Superman. What people see is mostly what they expect to see. They expect to see good old bumbling farmboy Clark, they see good old bumbling farmboy Clark.

The new 52 has completely changed this in superman 13 and 14 you see Clark dressed in average clothes that show his muscles and he doesnt even change his hair style when he becomes superman

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@AllStarSuperman said:

@The_Tree said:

Until he grows up

That's an interesting thought. Has it been established that his Captain Marvel form looks like an older version of himself? And would Captain Marvel hypothetically permanently look the same age, or age in real time with Billy? If his Captain Marvel form is always the same, could there potentially be a story line where Billy is older than Captain Marvel? That could lead to Billy on the verge of dying of old age, and having to permanently be Captain Marvel to stay alive. Didn't the Hulk/Bruce Banner end up in a similar situation at some point?

Perhaps I'm wrong. I know pretty much nothing about the character.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

@The_Tree said:

Until he grows up

That's an interesting thought. Has it been established that his Captain Marvel form looks like an older version of himself? And would Captain Marvel hypothetically permanently look the same age, or age in real time with Billy? If his Captain Marvel form is always the same, could there potentially be a story line where Billy is older than Captain Marvel? That could lead to Billy on the verge of dying of old age, and having to permanently be Captain Marvel to stay alive. Didn't the Hulk/Bruce Banner end up in a similar situation at some point?

Yeah i m no expert either but captain marvel is billy batsons prime age, so when billy got to 29ish wouldnt he look just like captain marvel,

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JonSmith

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

In Kingdom Come at least, Billy got older and looked exactly like Captain Marvel. To the point that the other heroes around him were terrified of angering him because of Marvel's power. They were shocked when it was revealed he was just Billy Batson.

As for Captain Marvel, he's Billy's complete physical prime. If Billy exercised extensively and styled his hair, then yeah, at some point, he'd look exactly like Captain Marvel for a few years.

As for Banner/Hulk, I recall The End Hulk story. In which the Hulk's natural resilience and ability to eat anything keeps Banner alive for around 200 years past a normal human life span. It ends with Banner eventually dying of a heart attack. The Hulk, however, refuses to die, and while Banner dies, he transforms into the Hulk. Hulk realizes Banner isn't prattling about in his head anymore. Banner's really dead. Hulk's alone, but alive. Probably for a very long time.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#18  Edited By TDK_1997

Flash,Billy Batson.