• 105 results
#1 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by catfightfan (566 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer simply must be Benjamin J. Grimm, aka The Thing and here is why:

(1) He lost his desired love Susan Storm to Reed Richards.

(2) He became a grotesque rocky guy when the FF were changed by cosmic rays.

(3) Susan is the one who called him the terrible name "The Thing".

(4) He found a long-time girlfriend, Alicia Masters, only to have her fall in love almost 300 issues later with Johnny Storm and then marry him.

#3 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@catfightfan: agree with you!

#4 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@catfightfan said:

The answer simply must be Benjamin J. Grimm, aka The Thing and here is why:

(1) He lost his desired love Susan Storm to Reed Richards.

(2) He became a grotesque rocky guy when the FF were changed by cosmic rays.

(3) Susan is the one who called him the terrible name "The Thing".

(4) He found a long-time girlfriend, Alicia Masters, only to have her fall in love almost 300 issues later with Johnny Storm and then marry him.

I agree that is sad but are normal human problems.

I would say Batman has the saddest history, No little kid should have their parents gunned down in front of them.

#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them are pretty sad, but Batman's was the saddest because he saw his own parents die right in front of him.

#6 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

All of them are pretty sad, but Batman's was the saddest because he saw his own parents die right in front of him.

Parents dying is already sad enough.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Parents dying is already sad enough.

Yep.

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rabbitearsblog said:

What about Frank Castle seeing his whole family shot in front of him? 

anyway the answer is The Crow and Daredevil
#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man......everyone that guy has grown close to and everyone that was related to those he grew close to has died

#10 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Spider-Man......everyone that guy has grown close to and everyone that was related to those he grew close to has died

Depends on whos writing the story.

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

What about Frank Castle seeing his whole family shot in front of him? anyway the answer is The Crow and Daredevil

Frank Castle saw his whole family lost but the guy was an adult, An adult will take death easier then a little kid would.

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Peter Parker.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

Its kind of hard to gauge i suppose. We all respond differently to different traumas, so what might be heartbreaking to one person might not be all that bad for another person. 

anyway, i have to think on things and i'll be back with my answer

#13 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

spawn died and went hell for his wife and is now a demon that must bring armagedeon.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

What about Frank Castle seeing his whole family shot in front of him? anyway the answer is The Crow and Daredevil

Frank Castle saw his whole family lost but the guy was an adult, An adult will take death easier then a little kid would.

Watching your children and your wife getting there heads blown off is a horrific thing wither your an adult or not.
#15 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Watching your children and your wife getting there heads blown off is a horrific thing wither your an adult or not.

Yes but the boy was like 8-10, Frank would've been sad but a little kid would've took it more to heart then an adult would/

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Watching your children and your wife getting there heads blown off is a horrific thing wither your an adult or not.

Yes but the boy was like 8-10, Frank would've been sad but a little kid would've took it more to heart then an adult would/

yea he's a big boy he'l get over it......
#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12489 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@Jnr6Lil said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

not to mention the fact that Frank was already pretty screwed up.
#18 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
Spider-man has the saddest life....
...because he is the responsible of the death of a lot of people...
.... that he killed by accident.

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@spiderbat87 said:
@Jnr6Lil said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

not to mention the fact that Frank was already pretty screwed up.

Sarcasm?

#20 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@spiderbat87: why is daredevil the answer, just asking because i never got into daredevil that heavy.

#21 Posted by The Stegman (23004 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#22 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

lol nothing beats losing your parents and your entire racee and been orphaned on some alien planet.

#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them actually but Spider-man has had a crappy life. And getting you're parent shot in front of you or finding out that you are the last of an entire race of people from a dead world its pretty sad to me to.

#24 Posted by mondo625 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I'm surpised not to see more for the Hulk? Banner sees his mother die as a child. He is mentally instable, he found the woman of his dreams and couldn't even have sex because he would kill her. He is hated (feared) by everyone and when he did find someone he could love she gets killed while pregnant with his child. Not to mention he has had to fight everyone!

#25 Posted by mondo625 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Why isn't the Flash on this list? Barry Allens life is pretty bad, Mother gets killed, Dad gets blamed. Falls in love only to have her killed by someone who's sole purpose in life is to ruin anything that makes you happy.

#26 Edited by Burnstar1230 (207 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot about The Hulk, but I went with Spawn. Being sent to Hell for killing his unborn child, even if it was accidential, was still his child that he accidentially killed out of anger, made to serve a demon in an army to kill God, see your best friend marry your wife, living in the streets with the homeless since he has nowhere left to go, and The Devil, God, and humans that know of his existence wanting him dead.

#27 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 616 in my opinion.
He went through some real shit. 
Parents died, Uncle (father-figure) died, has always been bullied in the school, Gwen Stacy died, Sins of the Past, Clone Saga, overall the maniac Osborn.
Problems to find a job, therefore money problems, problems with girls, paying his rent, everyone in the city hates him, even though he only wants to help and so on, and so on.

#28 Edited by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:

Spider-Man 616 in my opinion. He went through some real shit.  Parents died, Uncle (father-figure) died, has always been bullied in the school, Gwen Stacy died, Sins of the Past, Clone Saga, overall the maniac Osborn. Problems to find a job, therefore money problems, problems with girls, paying his rent, everyone in the city hates him, even though he only wants to help and so on, and so on.

I made a case for Spidey on the first page, but this has elaborated on it a great deal more, Also I'd like to add a large number of his best friends and close ones have either died, or became his villains or both

Spidey has this cinched, unfortunately for him
#29 Posted by Night Thrasher (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

There was another forum similar to this and I will answer the same...Has to be the hulk

1) Gained superpowers saving a teenage boy...only to be hunted and uncontrollable turning into a "monster"

2) Alcoholic father killed his mother and beat him constantly

3) Love of his life died (3 times, Betty, Jarella, Caiera)

4) Love of his life married another man (Betty was married to Talbot first)

5) Shot into space by his "friends"

6) Numerous friends died (rick jones, jim wilson, talbot)

I could go on, but I think the point is made..at least most of the other characters still have friends or money or can go into public without a pitchforked mob chasing them.

#30 Posted by IrishX (2304 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
 Spidey has this cinched
Many characters have gone through plenty of tragedy. I don't think it's necessarily clinched. Wolverine has had many loved ones die in his life and gone through plenty of terrible things. Nightcrawler was thrown into a river to die after being born by his mother and was at one point locked in a cage as part of a freak show in a carnival. Not sure if you want to count Magneto but he had to survive a Nazi death camp.
#31 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's sad story is overrated! Wanna share a comic introduced by Prim some months back.

#32 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man his parents are dead (sorry Batman) then his Uncle dies because of him. Also he caused Gwen to die saving her. Sorry Superman and you being the last of your race (kinda) you didn't know any of them.

#33 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio
@Burnstar1230 said:

I forgot about The Hulk, but I went with Spawn. Being sent to Hell for killing his unborn child, even if it was accidential, was still his child that he accidentially killed out of anger, made to serve a demon in an army to kill God, see your best friend marry your wife, living in the streets with the homeless since he has nowhere left to go, and The Devil, God, and humans that know of his existence wanting him dead.

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32632 posts) - - Show Bio
@rico_3088 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@spiderbat87: why is daredevil the answer, just asking because i never got into daredevil that heavy.

Jeez where do I start.  

• He was blinded and his senses where hightened that much they hurt him
  • His mother run away and joined a convent
  • His father was killed by gangsters for not throwing a boxing match
  • His first love Electra was stabbed to death
  • His wife Karen Page left him, turned in to a junky, got HIV, sold him out to the Kingpin who then destroyed his life and put him on the street she then came back to him and was killed by Bullseye and turned out she never had HIV at all.
  • His next wife Milla Donovan was drove insane by Mister Fear and put in an Insane Asylum, her parents also blame Matt for her condition
I'm pretty sure there's more but I cant think of any at the moment 
#35 Posted by Iron_Turtle (579 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cable is up there as far as tragic histories are concerned.

#36 Edited by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised nobody has forwarded Donna Troy. She's been crapped on by a lot of writers and now she's being totally cut from the universe. Her backstory is literally that she's eternally reborn in order to suffer.

#37 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@mondo625 said:

Wow I'm surpised not to see more for the Hulk? Banner sees his mother die as a child. He is mentally instable, he found the woman of his dreams and couldn't even have sex because he would kill her. He is hated (feared) by everyone and when he did find someone he could love she gets killed while pregnant with his child. Not to mention he has had to fight everyone!

wow true true...

really most comic book characters have really bad screwed up lives. its a wonder they're not insane...oh wait...most of them are...

#38 Posted by Joygirl (18446 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta be Punisher. People's parents die -- it's horrible, it really, truly is. But they get over it eventually. Nobody gets over seeing the love of their life and spawn of their loins gunned down. Especially when it was their fault.

#39 Edited by crazy8504 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iron_Turtle: I was just about to say that as well.

Another I will throw out there but, not sure if people will agree. Silver Surfer hated by the entire universe all because wanted to save his planet from being destroy and have to be responsible for the death of other planets. Also Blade, but I think that was more of the movies version.

#40 Posted by Mercy_ (92444 posts) - - Show Bio

D-Man ;p

Moderator Online
#41 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Gotta be Punisher. People's parents die -- it's horrible, it really, truly is. But they get over it eventually. Nobody gets over seeing the love of their life and spawn of their loins gunned down. Especially when it was their fault.
No one gets over their parents dying.
#43 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 by freackin' far.

#44 Posted by daredevil21134 (10765 posts) - - Show Bio

I never wanna be Spawn he life sucks more then anybody else I know

#45 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

X-23 by freackin' far.

Well X-23 was trained to be a killer, She didn't really have a life.

#46 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

X-23 by freackin' far.

Thus proving my point.

#47 Posted by The_Tree (7196 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give it to Green Arrow, writers are constantly taking a dump on him.

Just when his life's getting good -Boom!- something terrible happens.

#48 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

X-23 by freackin' far.

Thus proving my point.

True but she didn't have a life to begin with so no sad part in that. But I see your point.

#49 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

X-23 by freackin' far.

Thus proving my point.

True but she didn't have a life to begin with so no sad part in that. But I see your point.

LOL, not having a life is much sadder than having one which is bad. What character do you think had a owrse life than her... Spiderman?

#50 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

X-23 by freackin' far.

Thus proving my point.

LOL, not having a life is much sadder than having one which is bad. What character do you think had a owrse life than her... Spiderman?

Batman.