Which story arc worst defines your favorite character?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Which story arc seems that the writer did absolutely no research into your favorite character's personality? Feel free to use multiple story arcs or characters.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By No_Name_

If you are asking what writer didn't get a specific character, I'll have to say (as I have said before) Devyn Grayson's Nightwing run. Hated it. Terrible.

ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ImbecilicSage

I don't know if I could cite MY VERY FAVORITE CHARACTER while answering the question, but a character I do like is Morbius and I'd hated his depiction within the Maximum Carnage arc... He's depicted as such a prototypical vampire, which totally contradicts his depiction within his own 90's run, and even his mantle of "The Living Vampire". I haven't read too much Silver or Bronze Age stuff, so maybe he was depicted like that back then, but when the character did have his own run within the 90's - depicted as something completely different - he shouldn't have even been involved within the Maximum Carnage event if they were going to handle him so poorly.

This isn't an arc but I also hated Nicieza's take on Namorita within New Warriors when contrasted with someone like John Byrne's (within Namor)... Nicieza made her look like this elitist bitch whereas Byrne wrote her pretty playfully (albeit often very cynical of homo sapiens). I really liked the latter depiction and couldn't stand the former, so that's a depiction I feel like I should mention.