Which Show Would You Save?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By OldManDuncan

Spectacular Spider-Man

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Kairan1979

Wolverine and X-Men. With more character development for Storm and Beast in the Season 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

It was a really hard choice between Green Lantern and Young Justice. I picked YJ.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By VioletPhoenix

Torn between Young Justice and Wolverine & The X-Men, but I've made my peace with the latter being gone for 5 years. Young Justice is just so damn amazing. It wins out.

The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By The Jeff

Spectacular Spider-Man then Avengers: EMH

ScottyHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 122

#56  Edited By ScottyHawkeye

young justice had a cliff hanger ending the fact that vandal savage brought the war world to apocalypse really made me think the CN was just cancelling green lantern although it had a cliff hanger too razer becomes a blue lantern looking for aya

Hellscar02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hellscar02

I think Green Lantern was a fantastic show. I have watched every show on this poll and while they are all great shows, none of them captivated the same way GL tas did. I fell in love with the characters before I even knew it, and once they were in danger is when I started to realize I care for guys and don't want them to die! Bruce Timm and his team as always produce top notch shows and this one didn't disappoint in the least! Fantastic story that kept me hooked and wanting to see what happened next! I would sit down planning to only watch maybe one or two episodes at a time and catch myself watching four or five! Also I don't mind re-watching them as well. I have started to watch it again with both my friend and sis on different occasions! Its that good! It has it all; drama, suspense, comedy, and action all in each episode! For some it may seem to start out slow, but the second half really kicks it into high gear as all the characters are defined and layed out by then and are just able to grow!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RustyRoy

@Reignmaker said:

I'm going to get crap for this, but I actually wish Batman: The Brave and the Bold would have gone longer. At least until the end of its third season. Sure, it wasn't dark and gritty but it was a perfect show for kids with several nods to silver age fans, mixed with some smart humor. Not to mention I thought it was a great showcase for many lesser known characters in the DC Universe.

Many adult male cartoon watchers didn't like it, but I thought it was perfect for what it was trying to accomplish.

I second that, it was a great show. From the list I chose GLTAS, it was more fun and less confusing.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Icon

Young Justice for sure.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#60  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Reignmaker said:

I'm going to get crap for this, but I actually wish Batman: The Brave and the Bold would have gone longer. At least until the end of its third season. Sure, it wasn't dark and gritty but it was a perfect show for kids with several nods to silver age fans, mixed with some smart humor. Not to mention I thought it was a great showcase for many lesser known characters in the DC Universe.

Many adult male cartoon watchers didn't like it, but I thought it was perfect for what it was trying to accomplish.

agreed.

@Icarusflies said:

Batman Brave and the Bold. That show was fantastic.

i love you. you're just awesome

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Icarusflies said:

Loved that show. I like how they used unpopular characters too.

I would actually save Spectacular Spider-Man over Young Justice. Green Lantern : The Animated Series would be my second pick.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Night Thrasher

I voted for EMH but honestly the last episodes of GL and YJ almost made me switch my vote. But I enjoyed EMH (especially the first season) more than the rest.

Seriously though: the last episode of GL might have been the best of the series and the cliffhangers where like a big middle finger to CN.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Young Justice has the best animation, best character designs, and most interesting and complex stories. Its a great show.

sourcebreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64  Edited By sourcebreaker

where's teen titans?!

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By shackle

Went with YJ, but the correct answer is Batman:TAS, the best animated comic book series of all time, bar none.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Of course Young Justice will win it just ended last week, wait... it just ended 4 days ago. Plus, Vanity rules! I think Young Justice is/was the best looking super hero cartoon. Spider-Man TAS is the only one I see coming close to Young Justice art {IMHO.} Season 1 of YJ was for me a remake of the Teen Titans series just a little bit more serious. Season 2 of YJ was just packed with cameos, and kept it's good writing from the previous year. It did have plot holes, and a lot IMO, but people didn't care. For me it was like dating the super hot air-head; she has problems, but LOOK AT HER. I personally would bring back YJ because I totally forgot about the other shows.

I do think in retrospect that Wolverine, and the X-Men TAS was a great show as well, and the artwork wasn't bad{not as good as YJ but still.} I honestly loved the show as much as I love YJ right now. I personally never liked EMH art, and is the cause for my lack of appreciation for the show. If it wasn't for Razor and Aya I would have continued to have cared less about GL:TAS. Spec Spidey was a good show as well, but I hardly remember it. I am not a Star Wars fan, and never watched the Transformers cartoon.

@CaptainLantern76 said:

@Lvenger: Ah. Well, Young Justice was the third show I would save, after Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Wolverine and the X-Men. I never really got into The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - which I regret since I hear it was awesome.

Besides, I would much rather have Young Justice be around that it's awful-looking replacement, Teen Titans Go!, which looks like THE WORST SERIES E-VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I'm planning on watching the "worst series e-veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr."

@Grim said:

There is no logical reason for Young Justice to be going off the air. This coming from someone who hates it as much as he loves it. Its making unnecessary changes to my favorite characters, and utilizing characters who will probably NEVER be utilized again... and its beautiful.

... the way Arsenal was? There's no way we wouldnt have had Red Hood and the Outlaws at some point. no way.

Logical reason #1: The merchandise did not sell as much as CN wanted, but I do agree we could have totally gotten an episode of Red Hood and the Outlaws. The question is however, who would be Roy? Arse the original Roy with a cybernetic arm, or Red Arrow the clone of Roy who actually uses trick arrows.

(+)

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By judasnixon

Aeon Flux..... What am I a little late?

No Caption Provided
Tyrannotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Tyrannotaur

Wolverine and the X-men gets my vote. I loved EMH, Spectacular Spidey and some of the others too though. TF Prime is getting one last season so I dunno why its here. Still really like that show.

I picked Wolvie and the X-men because it has such a "Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles" Style cliffhanger that it kills me to see it not resolved. I got to the last disc on the DVD and was like "wait that's it?" Side note I miiss Terminator SCC alot too.

Kentabulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Kentabulous

Although I loved Young Justice(especially near the end) I have to say Spectacular Spider-Man. IMO, outside of the comics, it was the best Spider-Man. The stories were well-written, the voices were well acted, etc. That show has so much potential, and now it's only replacement is Spider-Man that is more deadpool than spidey.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#70  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Transformers Prime is ending naturally so I don't mind that much.(Though its my 2nd favorite show of all time).

Wolverine and the X-Men was good but its not as good as some others on this list.

Clone Wars has some very good boring spots.

Avengers ended naturally and so I don't mind.

Young Justice I am so mad at that I don't care.

Green Lantern has my vote.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ninjablade09

Spectacular Spider-man followed closely by Wolverine and the X-men and Transformers Prime. Young Justice was good but I'm a Marvel guy.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#72  Edited By TheCannon

Either GL or YJ. No clue which.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ImmortalOne

Young Justice, amazing characters, great writing (Season 2 wasn't as good as Season 1, but I still liked it). There was so much left to do, so much to be developed, especially with the cliffhanger in the end. There's no reason that they should have cancelled it.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SuperJedi17

Young Justice....ended on a cliffhanger.Was terrific also.

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75  Edited By TenEyedMen

As much as I like Young Justice, I gotta go with The Spectacular Spider-Man. It was killed way too early, and some of the stuff for season three sounded great.

Spidey hasn't had a good show before TSSM, and looking at the abomination that is Ultimate Spider-Man, I doubt he will for a long, LONG time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By 202122

Star wars they left it at such a cliff-hanger

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Justice for me.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@Icarusflies said:

I would actually pick this over Young Justice.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular Spider-man hands down.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way to write in a vote for the 2011 Thundercats? That's disappointing...

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By SevanGrim

@Yung ANcient One said:

@Grim said:

There is no logical reason for Young Justice to be going off the air. This coming from someone who hates it as much as he loves it. Its making unnecessary changes to my favorite characters, and utilizing characters who will probably NEVER be utilized again... and its beautiful.

... the way Arsenal was? There's no way we wouldnt have had Red Hood and the Outlaws at some point. no way.

Logical reason #1: The merchandise did not sell as much as CN wanted, but I do agree we could have totally gotten an episode of Red Hood and the Outlaws. The question is however, who would be Roy? Arse the original Roy with a cybernetic arm, or Red Arrow the clone of Roy who actually uses trick arrows.

Merchandise should not trump popularity. It was a hugely popular show. Logically, the best way to handle that would have been freemium game apps and licensing out the merch rights to other places so they (Cartoon Network. DC/WB. Whoever) dont have to deal with the loss. Its just one of those things where the long term reward would have been worth selling less toys for a couple seasons.

I cant decide which Roy would have been better. Probably Arsenal... but wouldnt it have been a sweet twist to use both of them? Just riffin with each other and tag teaming better than anyone in the DCU, guess we'll never know...

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Xanni15

SW:TCW

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#83  Edited By Backflip

Young Justice, no question.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By vandinejd_1991

Definitely, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for two reasons: 1) Captain America was in it and he's my favorite hero over any other in comic books

2) I loved how they brought Avengers storylines from the comics to life such as Secret Invasion, Kree-Skrull War, Breakout, and so many others. They could have also done storylines in future like Civil War which is a direction I feel the show was heading towards, the Infinity Gauntlet storyline just to give fans something to look forward to as they wait for Avengers 2, Siege, Acts of Vengeance (the Loki storyline and not the episode with enchantress), Fear Itself, and so many others.

They just ended the show too early when it could have easily gone on for years like Justice League and Justice League Unlimited

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#85  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@JediXMan said:

My main problem with Wolverine and the X-Men is the title and the overall fact that the show revolved around Wolverine.

Also the fact it sucked.

And TRANSFORMERS: PRIME or get out.

captainpojoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By captainpojoe

Young Justice Needs to come back...... am I the only one thinking about kick-Starting this back?????

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#87  Edited By amazing_webhead

It was a tough call. I'm torn between Avengers EMH and Young Justice. (I was also tempted to say Spider-Man, but some people don't mind the Ultimate series because it's not the SAME FUCKING THING THEY'VE ALREADY DONE BEFORE!!! Even if Spectacular was so awesome.) I said Avengers EMH because canceling a show just so you can make another show about the same thing is just stupid.

And, if I had to pick one not on the list, Iron Man: Armored Adventures. I just think that, like Avengers EMH, it did a good job of representing the world Stan Lee created.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#88  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JediXMan said:

My main problem with Wolverine and the X-Men is the title and the overall fact that the show revolved around Wolverine.

Also the fact it sucked.

You heard the man. Virtually everyone get out! :D

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#89  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@k4tzm4n said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JediXMan said:

Also the fact it sucked.

You heard the man. Virtually everyone get out! :D

Damn right.

(Is in thread alone)

Woooo! Time to get some hookers.

FiguredOut95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By FiguredOut95

I love YJ but my vote lise with SSP since it has half the episodes.

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Inphase

I have a soft spot for the X-Men, so Wolv and xmen

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#92  Edited By MrDirector786

Transformers: Prime. I hate that they're ending it with the Beast Hunters season and it also doesn't help that this season is going to be only half the length of the previous two seasons.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@AmazingWebHead said:

It was a tough call. I'm torn between Avengers EMH and Young Justice. (I was also tempted to say Spider-Man, but some people don't mind the Ultimate series because it's not the SAME FUCKING THING THEY'VE ALREADY DONE BEFORE!!! Even if Spectacular was so awesome.) I said Avengers EMH because canceling a show just so you can make another show about the same thing is just stupid.

And, if I had to pick one not on the list, Iron Man: Armored Adventures. I just think that, like Avengers EMH, it did a good job of representing the world Stan Lee created.

Mind your language. Swearing isn't allowed on this site.

redrobinpre52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By redrobinpre52

@JamesKM716: I also find that uncanny since YJ can get very serious and mature and spectacular spiderman is very childish.