Which Show Would You Save?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ccraft

I'm not a big fan of YJ, but I'd like for it to be saved.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By JamesKM716

Young Justice, followed closely by Spectacular Spider-Man

I think it's uncanny that both were basically created by the same guy.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Young Justice.

Let the Clone Wars burn.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

it kind of sucks that we can only choose one lol.

if I had my way then Young Justice, Green Lantern, Avengers, Spectacular Spider-man and Wolverine and the X-men would still be on the air and this wouldn't be the last season of Transformers Prime

EdwardWoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EdwardWoods

Wolverine and the Xmen. I really, really liked that show.

*sigh* Everything goes away...

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By reignmaker

I'm going to get crap for this, but I actually wish Batman: The Brave and the Bold would have gone longer. At least until the end of its third season. Sure, it wasn't dark and gritty but it was a perfect show for kids with several nods to silver age fans, mixed with some smart humor. Not to mention I thought it was a great showcase for many lesser known characters in the DC Universe.

Many adult male cartoon watchers didn't like it, but I thought it was perfect for what it was trying to accomplish.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Batman Brave and the Bold. That show was fantastic.

Pixel_Kaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Pixel_Kaiser

As much as I loved Spectacular Spider-Man, my vote has to go with Young Justice. I think it had more life left in it, a ton of stuff left unexplored. The Spider-Man story has been done plenty, and even though it's an inferior show we've already got Ultimate Spider-Man on the air. Young Justice filled a great niche of teen superhero group drama. Besides, that second season was kind of a mess, and it deserved a better conclusion.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Mucklefluga

Didn't realize Transformers has been cancelled !!

I'm going with EMH closely followed by T: P

TDK_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TDK_88

Torn between YJ and GL. Chose Young Justice in the end.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12  Edited By SevanGrim

There is no logical reason for Young Justice to be going off the air. This coming from someone who hates it as much as he loves it. Its making unnecessary changes to my favorite characters, and utilizing characters who will probably NEVER be utilized again... and its beautiful.

... the way Arsenal was? There's no way we wouldnt have had Red Hood and the Outlaws at some point. no way.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By noj

Its REALLY close between Young Justice and Spectacular Spider-Man but I just have to go with the one thats fresher in my mind. YJ just ended while Ive had some time to get over Spectacular Spider-Man.

mcclellanscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mcclellanscott

Young justice was still building. It's story has so many places to go, and as someone who just got back into comics with The New 52, the show was a great way to,introduce characters to me that I had never heard of within the previous DCAU.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bladewolf

YJ, 'nuff said.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180

Young Justice

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Queen's Halo

Wolverine And The X-Men - it is the only one not completely crap.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has more votes than Spectacular Spider-Man or GL:TAS?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

My main problem with Wolverine and the X-Men is the title and the overall fact that the show revolved around Wolverine.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Lvenger

Young Justice did have a lot of great potential storylines that won't be resolved, EMH was an excellently written cartoon and the Clone Wars was pretty good too. But my vote has to go to Spectacular Spider-Man. It mixed sharp humour with meaningful character development and faithful yet fresh adaptions of Spider-Man's most well known characters. I really wished there had been a 3rd and many more seasons of Spectacular Spider-Man but they will never see the light of day.

@Reignmaker: I don't see why you should get flak for this. I agree with your sentiments about BTBB. It was a great love letter to the Silver Age, was a fitting kids' cartoon that could be dark and mature when needed. I loved that they parodied the cancelling of the show in the final episode.

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By CaptainLantern76

@Lvenger said:

Young Justice did have a lot of great potential storylines that won't be resolved

What potential storylines? Young Justice was good in its first season, but I lost interest in the second season because of the time skip - canceling it is for the best. They should've stuck with the Season One lineup, but they didn't. The series, at this point, would have a bunch of time skips 'til everyone got sick of it and lost interest, so cancellation is for the best.

Now, Green Lantern: The Animated Series had potential storylines - that's the series I would save. I mean, there are so many elements from the comics that could've been used - Parallax, the Sinestro Corps War, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner, Emerald Twilight...they could've even used Alan Scott...

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By apg103

Young Justice !

but Spectacular Spider man was a close 2nd. I like the writer of both shows as well

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#23  Edited By StMichalofWilson

First of all, Tranformers Prime is being cancelled, seriously?

Second Green Lantern, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers EMH was great. I would have love to see those shows continue.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars was also a good show. I was nice to finally have canon stories in the expanded universe. Though I wished they did episodes during the first year, but I'm glad they're at least have stome good story arcs coming up...somewhere.

Note: Where's ThunderCats? Where's G.I. Joe Renegades? Don't tell me they were crappy shows!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lvenger

@CaptainLantern76: It got a bit convoluted in Season 2 yes but there were some excellent storylines which you missed out on. And I wasn't too keen on the Green Lantern series. Watched a few episodes but they series never clicked with me especially with Keaton as Hal. I love his voices for Spider-Man and Disney Hercules but he didn't sound like Hal should sound. Heard good things about it on here.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By evilvegeta74

@ccraft said:

I'm not a big fan of YJ, but I'd like for it to be saved.

I like YJ but Avengers EMH was my thing!

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By CaptainLantern76

@Lvenger: Ah. Well, Young Justice was the third show I would save, after Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Wolverine and the X-Men. I never really got into The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - which I regret since I hear it was awesome.

Besides, I would much rather have Young Justice be around that it's awful-looking replacement, Teen Titans Go!, which looks like THE WORST SERIES E-VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Green Lantern.

Highlander_615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Highlander_615

Green Lantern had a lot of potential held back. Nobody gave a crap about it until the second part of the first season. You are much to blame for its cancellation.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Highlander_615 said:

Green Lantern had a lot of potential held back. Nobody gave a crap about it until the second part of the first season. You are much to blame for its cancellation.

It has been heavily implied the decision to cancel was based on merchandise, not viewership.

DDevil2887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By DDevil2887

@Reignmaker: i totally agree with you sir.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Inverno

LOL Nobody gives a crap about TCW.

annafh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By annafh

Young Justice. They didn't have a chance to bring Wally back, and I believe that's what would have happened in season 3. Season 3 would have been awesome.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The Average Bear

Young Justice just because they brought in Darkseid and I'd love to see where they'd go with that

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mezmero

I think the legacies of these franchises should be carefully considered. Both Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men were fantastic Marvel series, some of the best cartoons I've seen. However both of them also had great shows in the 80's and 90's while Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes did the impossible and actually made a great Avengers cartoon. It was amazing to see them tap so effectively into the Marvel universe to create something genuinely compelling to watch. If it had gone further it could have been the one Marvel cartoon to rule them all. It took some time to get use to the art style but the action, voice work, and writing all nailed the feel of an alternate Avengers universe.

I've only seen a bit of Young Justice but I can recognize from a distance that it is a very high quality production. That show comes from a long line of superb animated series and feature films set in the DC Animated Universe. I'm sure if I caught up with it I would really enjoy what they've done.with these characters but I already expect it to be great. They're almost always great. Even if this one gets cancelled we'll eventually get another DCAU title that's even better ( I don't think TT Go is that title). Did anyone actually expect EMH to be great or even good? They set up a lot of stuff that will never get answers if Avengers Assemble veers off as much as everyone thinks it will.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is my answer. If we were voting for best intro music it would most certainly lose.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By batshrine

Honestly I said Young Justice because of Batman, but if Batman or his family wasn't in Young Justice, I would have picked Wolverine and the X-Men. I mean I loved both Nightcrawler and Dust! No other show would have even imagined showing a character like Dust so major props, and it still had big stories to tell. Also it had Bishop, and he is just super cool!

But both shows were amazing to watch but my overall vote has to go with my main man, Batman.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By TDK_1997

I want to save the most Young Justice and after that maybe Spectacular Spider-Man.

spiderfreak55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spiderfreak55

Avengers! Haven't seen YJ or GL but i hear really good things.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By KRYPTON

Spectacular Spider-man. This show was awesome, it had great talent and a great voice cast. The story ended before it even began. All those other shows on the list are great as well.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ms__omega

Young Justice

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By feargalr

Young Justice every time

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lightsout

IMO YJ had the highest ceiling (and the the teasers for what they envisioned season 3 to revolve around looked like it was going to hit that ceiling), so I chose to save that.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42  Edited By Nightwing_Beyond

Young Justice. It's the closest DC comics has come to adapting comic book level stories and character arcs to the T.V. medium. Nothing's watered down and the writing is stellar. Every episode has value and everyone's favorite characters get to shine sooner or later. YJ seems to be taking the Teen Titans approach and devotes a particular characters growth to each season. Season 1 was centric to Superboy while season 2 focused primarily on Kaldur. Young Justice should at least be able to flush out the rest of the main 6 characters before WB decides to close the curtains on Earth-16.

jaydee98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jaydee98

I didn't even realize so many of these shows were getting the ax! I loved Transformers Prime and Clone Wars is awesome, its the best thing that came out of the prequel trilogy. The reason I voted for Wolverine and the X-Men was that it ended with a teaser for the AOA, which was one of the first comic collections I ever completely owned. I thought it would have been cool to see an animated version of it.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By laflux

@Pixel_Kaiser said:

As much as I loved Spectacular Spider-Man, my vote has to go with Young Justice. I think it had more life left in it, a ton of stuff left unexplored. The Spider-Man story has been done plenty, and even though it's an inferior show we've already got Ultimate Spider-Man on the air. Young Justice filled a great niche of teen superhero group drama. Besides, that second season was kind of a mess, and it deserved a better conclusion.

This is exactly how I feel. Young Justice ending with Darksied as the big bad, was such a tease. As good as Spectacular Spider-Man is, I actually think Ultimate Spider-Man is doing a better job than most people give it credit for.

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By millennium

i had to flip a coin between young justice and wolverine and the xmen would of put avengers emh in the running but the second season killed it for me

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mr. Messy Face

My Top 5

1. Young Justice

2. Spectacular Spider-Man

3. Green Lantern: The Animated Series

4. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

5. Wolverine and the X-Men

I thought Clone Wars and Transformers Prime were still going on?

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By greenlucario

EMH all the way, though Young Justice was a very close second. As for Wolverine and the X-Men, at one time I'd have definitely voted for that but now, no thanks, too much wolverine, not enough x-men.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By Gambit1024

It was between EMH and Spectacular Spider-Man, but... I had to go with Avengers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lvenger

@CaptainLantern76:Don't intend to be paying DC Nation any heed until they bring back some old series or listen to what the fans want from a superhero cartoon.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By blazinasian112

@EdwardWoods: especially when it looks like AoA was about to start...I feel your pain!