Which show did you like better and why? Superman: The Animated Series or Justice League? (NOT unlimited)

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which show did you like better and why? Superman: The Animated Series or Justice League? (NOT unlimited) (56 votes)

Superman: The Animated Series 21%
Justice League 79%

Be as specific as possible!

• 
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Justice League was better.

More superheroes and supervillains.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sinestro_GL

Superman the Animated Series, for me, was a far superior show.

The quality of the story telling was top notch. Episodes such as 'The Late Mr. Kent', 'Apokolips...Now!', 'Mxyzpixilated' 'World's Finest' and 'Legacy' were all so very breath-taking and amongst the best episodes in the DCAU ever.

If we're strictly talking about the JL and not JLU, the first season was very poor in terms of the quality of the story, with the only good thing about it being the teaming-up of the JL. Old-man Superman - complete with facial wrinkles - came across as being super-weak. Fans, at the time, joked that the other league members should be careful not to hospitalize Superman by accidentally bumping into him, or knocking him down the stairs.

Of course, the second season showed a drastic improvement, with the episode 'Twilight' being, IMO, the best of all the JL/JLU episodes, and the quality improved from then on.

Superman: TAS also featured plenty of guest appearances, featuring Batman, Robin, Aquaman, Kyle Rayner, Orion, and The Flash

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman the Animated Series, for me, was a far superior show.

The quality of the story telling was top notch. Episodes such as 'The Late Mr. Kent', 'Apokolips...Now!', 'Mxyzpixilated' 'World's Finest' and 'Legacy' were all so very breath-taking and amongst the best episodes in the DCAU ever.

If we're strictly talking about the JL and not JLU, the first season was very poor in terms of the quality of the story, with the only good thing about it being the teaming-up of the JL. Old-man Superman - complete with facial wrinkles - came across as being super-weak. Fans, at the time, joked that the other league members should be careful not to hospitalize Superman by accidentally bumping into him, or knocking him down the stairs.

Of course, the second season showed a drastic improvement, with the episode 'Twilight' being, IMO, the best of all the JL/JLU episodes, and the quality improved from then on.

Superman: TAS also featured plenty of guest appearances, featuring Batman, Robin, Aquaman, Kyle Rayner, Orion, and The Flash

I also prefer STAS, but he had a lot of weak moments there too, like in "The Late Mr. Kent" when the helicopter gave him trouble towards the end, same with "Last Son of Krypton part 3" with the android.

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Beerminator1

I liked Superman The Animated Series better, mostly because Tim Daly's voice. Al thou I really hate it how they sometimes made Superman extremely weak.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Superman The Animated Series better, mostly because Tim Daly's voice. Al thou I really hate it how they sometimes made Superman extremely weak.

Yeah Tim Daly will always be the voice of Superman for me, but he was weaker in Justice League Season 1.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm going with JL because I actually have it on my DVD rack. Haven't got around to buying Superman: TAS yet.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This was going to be my reply.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RisingBean

I'm going with JL because I actually have it on my DVD rack. Haven't got around to buying Superman: TAS yet.

That is the flippin' wrong answer! GO get it!

As for me, I prefer solo shows to team once the novelty wears off. Why share the spotlight? So I think as a Superman fan, I like his show better on the whole. But as a GL or Flash fan, obviously I prefer the JL. Even if Wally was so nerfed people cried themselves to sleep.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Does it bother anyone else that Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are often considered two different shows? The 4th season of Batman TAS was all differnet too and know kne points that out.

My vote goes to Justice League. From just that first arc you knew you were watching something special.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Daly is Superman as Kevin Conroy is Batman

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

STAS for me, it's quality was top notch.
While JL started pretty weak and got better in the following seasons.
That's just my opinion, now if you included Unlimited then things change.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ganon15

STAS for me, it's quality was top notch.

While JL started pretty weak and got better in the following seasons.

That's just my opinion, now if you included Unlimited then things change.

Batman and his b*tches. Lol

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman TAS had it's episodes, but I preferred JLA

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Both were great shows, but I prefer JL.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By HumanRocket

I liked how they did world finest in the superman animated series but I still prefer justice league becuz they touched alot of concepts done in the comics the multiverse was covered u got cosmic adventures with the green lantern corps and more interactions with all the members of the justice league. Granted the superman series did have him team up with Kyle rayner Wally and Bruce I enjoyed how the other memebers interacted with other memebers besides with the superman.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ganon15

Damn, I want Superman TAS to win.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Superman TAS was excellent, however it's quality is best observed in watching only one or two episodes at a time. When you watch it in clumps, the extremely irritating underpowered Superman gets very frustrating very quickly.

Unlike JL, there was no other cool heroes to focus on either, so it was just Superman getting beaten up and the villain being on top. EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE. Sometimes he wasn't even bulletproof!

Justice League's first season cops a bad rap from Superman fans and justifiably so (the sound of George Newbern screaming multiple times per episode becomes very painful), but the other characters were all extremely well done. Superman also got an entire episode devoted to watching him kick the bejeezus out of a guy who was too much for anyone else (War World). So while I can understand the criticism, I think some of it is a bit harsh.

Justice League's second season is just incredible though. Twilight, Maid of Honour, Only a Dream, Starcrossed, Eclipsed. Great stuff.

I will give my vote to....................

Justice League.

It didn't have Ra's Al Ghul steal Superman's power. (What is this, Silver Age Doctor Doom?)

For the record, George Newbern was a great Superman, as was Tim Daly. Newbern in vs the Elite is sublime.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: STAS Superman still wasn't as underpowered as JL season 1 Superman.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*bump*

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Bierschneeman

Justice League (before cancellation and Reboot as JLU....on a side note, why do they keep doing this.... look back this has happened more than a dozen times with DC cartoons) was still good, with a few bad episodes here and there.... Superman was bad, with a few good episodes here and there.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League (before cancellation and Reboot as JLU....on a side note, why do they keep doing this.... look back this has happened more than a dozen times with DC cartoons) was still good, with a few bad episodes here and there.... Superman was bad, with a few good episodes here and there.

No...just no.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@ganon15 said:

@bierschneeman said:

No...just no.

are you saying you liked the awful, Mordred episodes? they were pure bad.... especially if you are at all a fan of King Arthur stories

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ganon15

@bierschneeman: STAS had fantastic episodes with only very few that I didn't enjoy as much. Justice League season 1 sucked(with the exception of 'Injustice For All') compared to Season 2 and Unlimited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL for me. Superman TAS got stale sometimes. And with JL there was more to work with which made for a better show. Relationships were built, there was tension, villians from any superhero were used, there was just more to the show.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ganon15

@jayc1324: Oh, I thought it was just Batman and his b*tches.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: I'm trying to limit my batman fanboy-ism

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Even though I grew up with Superman, I preferred Justice League because it had more superheroes and I really loved the way that they portrayed the Flash in that series.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice league had better animation IIRC. And it had Batman and John Stewart. >.>

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Justice League, it had a Green Lantern...even though it wasn't Hal.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ganon15

@jeepeh said:

Justice league had better animation IIRC. And it had Batman and John Stewart. >.>

STAS had better designs and art style. His fight with Darkseid in "Legacy" looked much better than his fight with Darkseid in "Twilight"

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33 JediXMan  Moderator

Justice League by far. I always thought that Superman TAS was far too campy. Yeah, it had some good parts, but overall I didn't like it very much.

Justice League, however, I absolutely love.

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked Superman series.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice leauge mostly because though the arcs were much better and I liked the increased scale of danger.