#1 Edited by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

I am tried of see the whole Dc vs Marvel threads. They only worsen the already large rip in fan bases. Both are good and have their flaws. I always saw Dc and Marvel similar the American political parties in America. There are two major players and a bunch of lesser third parties. So besides the big two, who is your favorite publisher?

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

Image and Valiant.

#3 Posted by Swagger462 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Horse and Dynamite.

#4 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

Image and Valiant.

I would say the same. They used to be great back in the 90's, but now I'm not even sure if they make comics anymore.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (19139 posts) - - Show Bio

IDW is the only other publisher I read asides from DC and Marvel. Their TMNT and Doctor Who stuff is fantastic.

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (57920 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@SmashBrawler said:

Image and Valiant.

I would say the same. They used to be great back in the 90's, but now I'm not even sure if they make comics anymore.

Valiant: The Publisher to Watch.
BB

#8 Edited by Billy Batson (57920 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Horse
Dynamite

Oni Press
Pantheon
Top Shelf
And if imprints count then Vertigo and WildStorm too.
BB

#9 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant, Image, and Aspen MLT.

#10 Edited by tomlikesfries (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

Image, Vertigo and Dark Horse!

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel, dc, image,

#12 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Horse.

#13 Posted by Cap10nate (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

The only non big 2books I read are Fatale, Walking Dead, and Saga so I guess my favorite is Image. I want to start readingHellboy evebtually but I just haven't gotten around to it.

#14 Posted by dmkicksballs13 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go Image, Dark Horse, and Vertigo (although it's owned by DC). Dynamite is really hit and miss for me.

#15 Edited by tparks (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

I have taken a break from Marvel and am reading IDW. TMNT and Dr. Who are better then any current Marvel title IMHO. My wallet has thanked me too. I'm very sick of Marvel events where I have to buy a million comics just to understand what's going on, and when I try to come back to an ongoing series, I'm clueless to what the storyline's are. Marvel has way too many events now too. IDW's rare and few events are much better. The crossover's and events themselves are all completely optional reads and only slightly effect the original canon of the ongoing series. Just a personal preference, but I really respect IDW for writing for people who don't have to spend their life savings on a story arc, and can completely skip it if they choose without being left in the dark.

#16 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2309 posts) - - Show Bio

IDW. TMNT and Godzilla

#17 Posted by sagejonathan (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant is DA BEST.

#18 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite, I love the pulp characters (Black Bat, The Owl, etc) and I read Black Beetle and Conan from Dark Horse. Also reading Gail Simone's Red Sonja, another Dynamite book.

#19 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Image a lot.

Avatar Press comes up with good stuff as well, but unfortunately in their comics there is rape left and right and that's kinda stupid, but still ... the stories are often alright.

I'm also liking Boom Studios more and more. I think they have a lot of potential and will get bigger over time.

#20 Posted by Cap10nate (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

The only non big 2books I read are Fatale, Walking Dead, and Saga so I guess my favorite is Image. I want to start reading Hellboy eventually but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Ha. I was about to post here when I saw that I already posted on this thread over 9 months ago. Since then, I have started pulling 5 Valiant titles on a monthly basis and plan on picking up two more (Unity and Eternal Warrior) when they are released in a couple months.

I have come to love the Valiant Universe and it has surpassed DC in my pulls and is catching up to Marvel in total pulls.

#21 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Probly dark horse or image

#22 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant and Image

#23 Posted by CaptainHoopla (970 posts) - - Show Bio

Who publishes a book makes no difference to me. I'll try any book if the concept, story, character intrigues me. People that pigeon hole themselves to any certain publisher are only short changing themselves and possibly missing out on what could be their new favorite book or character.

#24 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

dark horse. and, when the moon is purple and they actually print bloodrayne, i read bloodrayne.

#25 Posted by i_like_swords (13909 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't normally pick and choose what publisher is better but by far Valiant is the best in general.

#26 Edited by Deadgod (1300 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite , Image & Dark Horse

#27 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Horse comics. They do Star Wars, Alien Vs. Predator and terminator comics.

#28 Edited by Nufai_the_Skinwalker (40 posts) - - Show Bio

IDW for me. Boom Comix primarily because they do 40k.

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (37595 posts) - - Show Bio

Image, Valiant, IDW, Dark Horse, and Dynamite all have titles I've probably liked or still do like.

#30 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL. I love Image's awesome books like Saga, Walking Dead and new great series. Love IDW's Locke and Key. Vertigo always puts out classick stuff.

#31 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing.

#32 Posted by Catsnlynne (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't prefer them over DC or Marvel but I do read Black Bat from Dynamite, and Captain Midnight from Dark Horse.

#33 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite for Vampirella, Image for Spawn, & Darkhorse for Doctor Solar.

#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Posted by Wonkiestdonkey (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm new to comic books and haven't gotten into super heros but I like. Boom!, Image and Avatar a lot

#36 Posted by Hanson724 (558 posts) - - Show Bio

Image and Valiant are the other two I read a lot of and when I need some pulp it's Dynamite.

#37 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant as I actually prefer it over all publishers.

Image would be second as Im just getting into Invincible. I ordered the compendium just recently.

#38 Edited by sinestro_GL (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

IDW for me...TURTLE POWER!