Which power set is better? #2

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which power set is better? #2 (50 votes)

Regeneration/Enhanced Senses 34%
Invulnerable skin/Superhuman strength 64%
Too close to call 2%

Which power set is better out of these two characters?

• 
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invulnerable Skin and Super Strength

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine's because I'd be able to see, hear, smell, feel, taste better than anyone else on the planet.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Super-strength and invulnerability.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superhuman-Strength and Invulnerability

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By batmannflash

Option 2. If I had invulnerability, I wouldn't need regeneration. Plus super strength is more powerful than super senses. Super senses are more passive. And it could be a pain to see the sweat glands on people, smell even the tiniest of farts and get left vulnerable from loud noises

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Regeneration like Wolverine. I'd get low level superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, a prolonged lifespan, and be extremely hard not to kill. Not just be a tank.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Invulnerability = Take no damage.

Regeneration = Take no damage.

So it really stands between sense or strength, and you could have a hell of alot of more fun with strength so im going for that.. And even if it itsnt full invulnerability its preferable since you can die eventually if you'd like to, rather then the immortality regeneration would bring.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash:

I think getting used to superhuman senses would be like Man of Steel's portrayal of them. At first, you would be in intense pain and discomfort, then you'd eventually get used to them, and it would be like normal.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@wolverine08: yeah but wouldn't you rather be strong? Regeneration and senses can only do so much. If you were in a fight, a supervillain would keep punching you until your healing gives out and there's nothing you can do to get rid of the villain. If you were invulnerable, for the most part you wouldn't feel pain in the first place and wouldn't have a need for regeneration powers anyways. With super strength, you can overpower almost anyone

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't I have both? D:

I guess I want the one that lets me live forever

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash:

Well, you do get low level superhuman strength from a healing factor. I think it overall has a few more perks than just standard superhuman strength and durability.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regeneration like wolverine's is cool, extended lifespan. The problem is he does age, though slowly. Old Man Logan's only 50 or so years in the future, and he's already got grey hair. I always wonder about that slow aging. Does that mean instead of 5-10 years at the end, regeneration will make it last maybe 30+ years of adult diapers, senility, erectile dysfunction, and all that good stuff you get when you're about to croak? Sounds horrible

Superstrength would have the most practical possible returns i guess. Make a fortune at sports. The problem is being invulnerable and superstrong probably makes it rough finding someone you can hump without killing her, or her on top would you feel much of anything?

Just for a fight though, Invulnerable skin/Superhuman strength I think is better. The first option doesn't include the claws, so you can't hurt the invulnerable guy, but he can beat the crap out of you.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mega_spidey01

luke cage powers is better for me. the only sensible thing to do is to find a woman that can handle your powers like jessica jones or she-hulk or ms. marvel

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nigh-invunlerable chicks? Small dating pool. I guess they'd need their own dating site

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cfrehse
Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mega_spidey01

it could work with rogue @Dayvid3

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-strength and invulnerability.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

I'd pick Cage, super senses would be overwhelming.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Yeah, imgine being on a subway or a public restroom and having super smell. or waking up with someone with morning breath. Gag me out the door. If you lived in fairybrook meadow or some fantasy place all those sense are nice, but the real world already accosts our ears and noses. You want to turn that up?

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use my superstrength to rip all you regenerators into ity-bity pieces.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@dayvid3 said:

@the_stegman: Yeah, imgine being on a subway or a public restroom and having super smell. or waking up with someone with morning breath. Gag me out the door. If you lived in fairybrook meadow or some fantasy place all those sense are nice, but the real world already accosts our ears and noses. You want to turn that up?

Or having super hearing and having to hear..EVERY thing. every conversation, car horn, television, yell, police siren, everything. And I don't understand how characters like Daredevil or Superman can control it, short of stopping your ears up, there's no real way to stop from hearing things at full capacity.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Yeah I always thought that might be a good strat for attacking some superduper type. Get beings who can attack each of their super senses. Jubilee and dazzler types to blind them with sparklers, banshee and siryn with sonic powers to deafen them, add some vertigo, maybe a really smelly guy, hot and cold... :p has to be distracting if nothing else

kingmark14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By kingmark14
Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@wolverine08: Why are you asserting that regeneration automatically gives you superhuman strength? I don't see a connection there.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman:

I said so because it's been said in multiple Wolverine stories that his healing factor gives him low level superhuman strength. Same for his rival Sabretooth. I think this happened to Deadpool too.

kingmark14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I'm pretty sure you mean it gives him high endurance. How can it give 'em super strength?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingmark14:

It gives him super human endurance too. The pseudoscience behind it is that the healing factor constantly healing/regenerating Logan's muscles allows them to push beyond human limits, and posses a low degree of superhuman strength.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Option 2 by far.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@wolverine08: you may be right then, but to me that doesn't make sense. I xan see it helping with exercise in the sense you recover better and can go longer, but I don't think it should automatically grant any superhuman strength on its own. Even then it should still only be peak human ability not superhuman IMO. But I guess it is fiction, wouldn't be the most unrealistic thing in comic books.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Yeah, the thing about it is that the healing factor constantly healing/regenerating the muscles allows them to go beyond human limits and provide a small degree of superhuman strength. It really is just pseudoscience, but like you said, there are things that are a lot more unrealistic in comics.

kingmark14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: But what I don't understand is this: while his muscles may regenerate , how does it make him stronger?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingmark14:

Comic book science. It doesn't make sense.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

if i dont have healing + claws i do not wish to have it.