Which plot twist was worst?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which plot twist was worst? (39 votes)

Iron Man 3 54%
The Dark Knight Rises 46%

Seeing how both plot twist are similar to each other in a way.

Which one was more despicable?

• 
Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Veshark

To be honest, I can live with both.

They both served plot purposes. Iron Man 3's twist led to a more nonconventional version of the Mandarin, and TDKR's twist led Bane to go from mastermind to obedient lapdog killed by Catwoman.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None were bad. But TDKR was better.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I loooooooooooooved the twist in Iron Man, it was such a good idea!

The TDKR twist made Bane seem less awesome :(

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Rises was worse because it wasn't actually a twist. Everyone was waiting for it the entire time.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@veshark said:

To be honest, I can live with both.

They both served plot purposes. Iron Man 3's twist led to a more nonconventional version of the Mandarin, and TDKR's twist led Bane to go from mastermind to obedient lapdog killed by Catwoman.

@lilben42 said:

None were bad. But TDKR was better.

These

Rises was worse because it wasn't actually a twist. Everyone was waiting for it the entire time.

I kinda suppose its true hadn't thought of it that way before, I was waiting for that to happen but was like "what the heck when I first heard Bane is Ra's Al Ghul's son". I decided to live with it and move on and then Talia appears and I was happy again. So I guess I have to vote Rises...didn't think about it that way before...Thanks buddy :).

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Iron Man 3's twist pissed me off. While I saw TDKR's twist coming a mile away, it didn't piss me off like the in Iron Man 3.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Iron Man 3's twist pissed me off. While I saw TDKR's twist coming a mile away, it didn't piss me off like the in Iron Man 3.

this

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the twists. If everything is just like in the comic book, I won't be on my toes. That way, I can enjoy the comic not knowing what's going to happen, and have the same experience in front of the big screen. Just my opinion.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tupiaz

@dragonborn_ct said:

this

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceIMC

TDKR was soooo predictable. If the Iron Man 3 one hadn't been spoiled to me I never would have seen it coming.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Nolan's fatuous drivel of course.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

@themanintheshoe said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

this

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both movies were enjoyable, but I did not like the twist to Iron Man 3. So that's what I'd have to go with.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

TDKR

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the bottom line is that The Dark Knight Rises would have been a better movie were Talia not involved at all, Bane remains a mastermind in that version. The Iron Man 3 plot twist I thought was for the better. There was already too much going on in that movie to add a supervillian with magical rings. Now you have to give him a backstory as well as explain what's up with the rings and explain Extremis. It would have been too much. Plus Ben Kingsly pulls off the twist masterfully.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@bluelantern1995: I wasn't even trying to change anyone's mind lol feels weird to say you're welcome.

I think the bottom line is that The Dark Knight Rises would have been a better movie were Talia not involved at all, Bane remains a mastermind in that version. The Iron Man 3 plot twist I thought was for the better. There was already too much going on in that movie to add a supervillian with magical rings. Now you have to give him a backstory as well as explain what's up with the rings and explain Extremis. It would have been too much. Plus Ben Kingsly pulls off the twist masterfully.

That line of thinking is what got me through the IM3 twist. They would have had to introduce Mandarin in the 1st movie, dropping little tid bits here and there till the final confrontation in the 3rd.