Which movie villain did you find more threatening and intimidating?

Abhisheknayar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Which movie villain did you find more threatening and intimidating? (64 votes)

Kingpin(Netflix Daredevil) 28%
Loki 2%
General Zod(Man of Steel) 45%
Winter soldier( Captain America:TWS) 25%
 • 
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

1. Kingpin/Zod

2. Winter Soldier

3. A baby with a dulled knife

4. Loki

Abhisheknayar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Abhisheknayar
JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonSmith

Of those? Winter Soldier. Even though I knew his identity going in.

Zod I just didn't like. Loki's not intimidating, that's not his thing. If he was intimidating, he wouldn't be as effective. Kingpin's intense, I'd put him at a close second. But his awkwardness and the fact I couldn't get Edgar from MIB out of my head every time he spoke kinda subtracted from his intimidation.

But the Winter Soldier? The dude was a machine. Carrying out everything he did with cold efficiency. He was right up there with the Terminators, in my book. All the more so when Widow shot his glasses and finally managed to tick him off.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Where's the Joker?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Zod.

Abhisheknayar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Loki here

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@abhisheknayar: Thats true and why is Kingpin on here wouldnt he be the most intimidating Tv villain? I guess maybe Winter Soilder because Magneto isnt on the list.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

1. Zod
  2. Winter Soldier
  3. Kingpin
  4. Loki
Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wheres Ultron...?

:)

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kingpin

2. TWS

3. Zod

4. Loki

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingpin by a landslide. Marvel TV is where it's at.

Marvel movies are clearly known for having either dull or underdeveloped villains. Loki and TWS/Hydra are the two exceptions.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingpin.

Beata

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. The Winter Soldier: I think it was that tense screeching music that always played before he appeared in any scene that did it for me. That highway battle really did it for me because even with a cyborg arm and a super-soldier, all that shooting really looked like something that could happen in today's world of urban terrorism. I remember watching that in the theater and thinking, "Damn, if I was a parent with a kid right now, I'd feel really uncomfortable."

2. Kingpin: He has moments where he's genuinely intense (smooshing that Russian's head comes to mind), but I don't think 'scary' was what the writers were going for, so much as 'complex', 'human', and 'sympathetic'. He's definitely a very compelling villain, but at no point did I feel freaked out by his on-screen presence.

3. Loki: Like Kingpin, Loki wasn't really the scary type. For me, threatening villains tend to be more grounded in reality, so the reindeer horns and shiny staff didn't really do anything on the intimidation front. And also like Kingpin, he's a great villain portrayal because of a number of qualities (charm, nuanced character), but scary isn't really one of them. That scene with Widow in the first Avengers however, is worth a mention as the closest he's ever come to being threatening.

4. Zod: I love Michael Shannon but he really went full-ham as the General and I just couldn't take him seriously. Zod just jumped between screaming scenery-chewing fury or monotonous monologues. Totally lacked the menacing subtlety of Terence Stamp or the Machiavellian nature of the Post-IC Zod from the comics.

Of course, Heath Ledger's Joker leaves them all in the dust :P

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

1. Zod

2. Kingpin

3. Winter Soldier

4. Loki

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abhisheknayar:Kingpin is not a movie villain

ZOD and BANE... from Movie

Deathstroke, Prof Zoom and Kingpin from TV

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it funny people continue to bring up Kingpin(literally only villain marvel has worth mentioning) and compare him to movie chracters. Kingpin has had hours in a 13 hr TV show to develope where as the movie villains at best have had 15 mins in a 2-3 hr movie.

KingChibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KingChibi

4: Zod is the worst. He just screams and screams and screams and screams louder than one of Frizzia's henchmen. Dude is the definition of large ham... chewing the screen so damn much doesnt make him threatening nor does randomly blowing things up because nothing is going your way. he didnt even demonstrate his combat savyness despite all the talk on I WAS BORN A SOLDIER KAL EL! it makes him more cartoonishly weak than MOS required. the movie didnt even acknowledge and recognize how silly he was, which in return makes him the least interesting threat. his monologues dont carry the same weight as a Loki or King Speech speech either. plus he only went after a family at the very end, while everyone else was doomed by his world engine. him alone just did a lot of property damage rather than hands on casuaslites. Faroa was more competent than him; at least she showed better technique, something mr SEE HOW LOUD I CAN SCREAM AND HOW HARD I CAN PUNCH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH lacked. he has no feats to show in contrast to everyone else - he didnt beat anyone nor could he overpower superman. Faroa>Zod

3: Winter Soldier is not a supervillain. but since he is where anyway he is the ultimate killing machine that shows no remorse. the fact he thinks its for the greater good makes him even more threatening because he would go to no end until the duty is finished. hell he even agreeded to be zapped again. so pyschopathic

2: Loki is someone you dont want to mess with because he is very genre savvy, willing to stoop down to the lowest level just to trick you. i fear those who wont kill me even when the opportunity presented itself because they have something else far worst planned than immediate death. he wants you to think he is weak... well he is physically against most of his own kind, yet he did stand a chance against Thor. He has style that adds onto his sinister schemes but that doesnt make him intimidating.

1: Kingpin has style competence scaryiness and everything else. plus since the people he threatens are way more relatable than the former it makes him come off as a personal threat. he isnt trying to blow up earth like zod or take down presidents like winter soldier or rule mankind like loki. he wants to make hells kitchen a better place and now daredevil took that fact away from him. where he goes from there is up to him. that autonomy makes him the most dangerous

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22 JediXMan  Moderator

I didn't find any of them particularly threatening, but I'd have to say Winter Soldier; he was a silent assassin bent on killing his target, not talking.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingping was too soft. Way too soft. Don't care if he's huge, soft as baby poop.

Zod wins

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Zod, because he was actually intent on killing everyone on Earth, not just ruling like Loki. Loki failed to do that with an entire army, whereas Zod nearly succeeded with just a couple other people at his side. Kingpin and TWS are the most miniscule of threats compared to that, as great as they are.

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

I didn't find any of them particularly threatening, but I'd have to say Winter Soldier; he was a silent assassin bent on killing his target, not talking.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Praise Zod.

Sad_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sad_max

King pin was great but it's kind of funny that he is brought up in a lot of marvel movie villain debate. Loki was cool but threatening he was not. Winter soldier....I don't know if I could consider him a genuine villain . Throughout the course of the film I knew marvel Disney will make him a good guy in the end and I felt he was merely a brainwashed weapon of Alexander pearce ( he should have been in the poll IMO). Don't get me wrong , a villain of few words is a great thing just take a look at the first two terminator and alien films. But even those mindless monsters seem to have a lot more menace and slightly bit more personality than WS. Marvels desire to be kid friendly took away a lot of menace WS could have had. HE mostly killed faceless goons. The fans of the film tend to overrate him because the film was good. If you want true menacing killing machines you go for xenomorphs and the first two terminators , WS pales in comparison

1) Zod/king pin

2) WS

3) loki

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod or Kingpin is the correct answer. Winter Soldier ehh sorta. Loki nope he's cunning not intimidating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them are scary. Winter Soldier looks the scariest though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Very good point. Some of the episodes even seemed to focus on Fisk more than Matt

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

if your gonna include Kingpin, why not Zoom/Thawne/Wells?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If I could pick two, it'll definitely be Zod and Winter Soldier.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zod, Kingpin is a close second.

Sad_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sad_max

Obadiah stane, magneto , Bane, ras al ghul, penguin ( batman returns), Sebastian shaw are better movie villains than the ones presented here . I understand not adding the Joker here but why not these guys?. And like most people say if you're adding fisk then you should have added Thawne as well

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod stomps.

Loki doesn't belong up there.