Avatar image for haxter_mcbaxter
Haxter_Mcbaxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Haxter_Mcbaxter

1. Adamantium? (Capt. America's shield partly consist of, and is also found in Odin's- Destroyer Exoskeleton suit)

or

2. Vibranium? (Capt. America's shield partly consist of)

or

3. Magic Uru steel? (What the Mjolnir is made of)

Please let me know. Cheers! :D

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Veshark

Cap's shield is actually a vibranium-experimental iron alloy; there's no adamantium in it.

I'm pretty sure adamantium is harder than vibranium; it's often considered to be the unbreakable metal. Vibranium on the other hand, simply absorbs vibrations, and is a lot more malleable. Uru on the other hand, is said to need extreme temperatures just to be forged (heart of a sun or something like that), so I'm guessing it's more durable than the other two.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zr0c00l

uru

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Timandm

@Veshark said:

Cap's shield is actually a vibranium-experimental iron alloy; there's no adamantium in it.

I'm pretty sure adamantium is harder than vibranium; it's often considered to be the unbreakable metal. Vibranium on the other hand, simply absorbs vibrations, and is a lot more malleable. Uru on the other hand, is said to need extreme temperatures just to be forged (heart of a sun or something like that), so I'm guessing it's more durable than the other two.

Actually, and this may be due to retcon's, the "experimental iron alloy" you mention WAS adamantium... I remember reading that long ago, and just checked one of the pages here in comic vine... Check it out...

http://www.comicvine.com/adamantium/18-40759/

However, the question here asks which "metal" is more durable. Adamantium isn't really a 'metal' but rather a metal alloy of iron... Whereas Vibranium IS a metal...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Veshark

: Hmm, that's really odd. Looking up at other sources, everyone seems to have a conflicting story. Comicvine states that the alloy developed was adamantium, making the shield a vibranium-adamantium mix. Wikipedia states that it's a vibranium-iron alloy mix. And Marvel Wiki states that it's a vibranium-steel alloy mixture, and that the mystery alloy is known as proto-adamantium?

I'm inclined to believe Comicvine, but then again, if the mystery alloy was already adamantium - what would prompt Myron MacLain to try developing the experimental alloy? As the story goes, he failed to duplicate the shield, and subsequently came up with adamantium as a replacement, right?

Sorry for derailing this entire thread, but now I'm really confused...

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Timandm

@Veshark said:

: Hmm, that's really odd. Looking up at other sources, everyone seems to have a conflicting story. Comicvine states that the alloy developed was adamantium, making the shield a vibranium-adamantium mix. Wikipedia states that it's a vibranium-iron alloy mix. And Marvel Wiki states that it's a vibranium-steel alloy mixture, and that the mystery alloy is known as proto-adamantium?

I'm inclined to believe Comicvine, but then again, if the mystery alloy was already adamantium - what would prompt Myron MacLain to try developing the experimental alloy? As the story goes, he failed to duplicate the shield, and subsequently came up with adamantium as a replacement, right?

Sorry for derailing this entire thread, but now I'm really confused...

Oh, you're not confused... You're a victim of Marvel Continuity....

I'm willing to bet, at one time Marvel said the shield was purely Vibranium.... Later they said it was a vibranium and iron alloy mix...

THEN, (I'm just guessing here), when Adamantium came along, they retconned things and changed the explanation to, "Oh, btw, the experimental iron was really Adamantium."

In a few years we'll probably learn that the shield also has graviton particles in it...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Veshark

: ...and maybe a smidget of Uru, a piece of the Ultimate Nullifier, and a small fragment of Nth Metal (oh wait, wrong universe). XD

Yeah, you're probably right, I guess writers at Marvel just kept retconning it to the point that nobody knows the real story anymore. Gah, it's a little annoying, but I think I'll leave it at that. Don't want to derail this thread any further now.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Timandm

@Veshark: You didn't derail it at all. You gave an accurate answer! I, for one, appreciated it...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Veshark

: Mucho gracias :)

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

I say:

• Uru
  • Cap's Shield
  • Adamantium
  • Vibranium

Though there is anti-metal Vibranium that can weaken Adamantium.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

Cap's shield, an alloy of Vibranium, Adamantium and/or whatever the latest retcon calls for, is the most durable metal in the MU.

True Adamantium is next.

Uru, magic-enhanced or otherwise, comes in third.

Pure Vibranium, on it's own, comes in last.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evilvegeta74

Uru