#1 Posted by Superdork (918 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by Superdork (918 posts) - - Show Bio

*Please move to Justice League forum

#3 Posted by Trixie (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated!

#4 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated,But I prefer New 52 aquaman over animated aquaman.

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52, due to the lack of Aquaman and Hal in the animated

#7 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

Aquaman joined JLU. Hal was GL in the animated

For me animated, JLU was pretty much your dream JL, and characters like Martian Manhunter, John Stewart, & Shayera Hol were able to get more popularity.

#8 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Hardly a fair contest.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god, Animated Justice League is leagues above off the New 52 counter-part.

#10 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen and Cyborg vs John Stewart, Hawkgirl, Wally West and J'onn J'onzz..

I'm going with the Animated JL.

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Jorgevy said:

For me animated, JLU was pretty much your dream JL, and characters like Martian Manhunter, John Stewart, & Shayera Hol were able to get more popularity.

I only watched Season 1 yet, but still the original line up didn't have neither. And I still prefer Cyborg a bit over Martian Manhunter (because you know, powers and stuff)

#12 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Ha, after quoting my comment, I can see the embarrassing grammatical error I made :P

#14 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good question. While I love the JL in the N52, the animated one is just as good. But given time, I will like the New 52 one better. Cyborg is a beast. Hope he gets a villain in an upcoming arc.

#15 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jorgevy said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Jorgevy said:

I only watched Season 1 yet, but still the original line up didn't have neither. And I still prefer Cyborg a bit over Martian Manhunter (because you know, powers and stuff)

Aquaman was an ally of the JL and became a reserve member in JLU.

Manhunter has better powers-Intangiblity, Shapeshifting, Flight, Telepathy,

#16 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

The Animated Series is just so much better written. The characters actually act intelligently and reasonably. Plus they actually improved a lot of characters instead of ruin them like the New DC 52 JLA does.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15086 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated JLA.

#18 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated. Especially if we use JLU.

#19 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me put it like this: I dropped JLA at issue #3. I still re-watch JLU to this day.

#20 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated > New52

#21 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated. No contest.

#22 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jorgevy said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Jorgevy said:

see that's exactly the problem; you assumed I was talking about better or stronger, but actually it was the opposite. JLA is already a team full of powerhouses, they don't need another one that has every ability the other members have + a few more. Martian Manhunter is cool and all, but Cyborg fits better in a team IMO

#23 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

spite

#24 Edited by cattlebattle (13214 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated by far........I used to love Hawkgirl and John Stewart

#25 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated. It's no competition really.

#26 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4447 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated. Hands down no contest. Plus the animated doesnt have Hal in it so it's even better

#27 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Jorgevy said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Jorgevy said:

see that's exactly the problem; you assumed I was talking about better or stronger, but actually it was the opposite. JLA is already a team full of powerhouses, they don't need another one that has every ability the other members have + a few more. Martian Manhunter is cool and all, but Cyborg fits better in a team IMO

True

#28 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

What other criteria would you choose? Cyborg certainly isn't attributing by being interesting or anything. Neither is he adding to any team dynamics. He's blander than white paper, while the Martian was always considered to be the very heart of the league, no matter the continuity.

#29 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Jorgevy said:

What other criteria would you choose? Cyborg certainly isn't attributing by being interesting or anything. Neither is he adding to any team dynamics. He's blander than white paper, while the Martian was always considered to be the very heart of the league, no matter the continuity.

This and MM has a way more complex character.

#30 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Jorgevy said:

maybe so, but this is a team, Im far more interested in a team with members that might actually lose a battle and with capacities like Cyborg's boom box, for interesting stories than for a team with a huge powerhouse just because he is interesting.

dont get me wrong, I love interesting characters, but that's on solo series. On a team series I like more balanced teams, one of the reasons I prefer this New52 roster over the original

#31 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52

#32 Posted by War Killer (20376 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated, no contest.

#33 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

JL ANIMATED AND JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM OVER THE ORIGINAL COMICS LINE UP AND THE NEW 52.

#34 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Jorgevy said:

maybe so, but this is a team, Im far more interested in a team with members that might actually lose a battle and with capacities like Cyborg's boom box, for interesting stories than for a team with a huge powerhouse just because he is interesting.

dont get me wrong, I love interesting characters, but that's on solo series. On a team series I like more balanced teams, one of the reasons I prefer this New52 roster over the original

If you sene the Animated, AMAZO proved they had weaknesses

Superman-Kryptonite/Magic, MM-Fire,

1. I'm talking about the movie using the Animated not the Original Lineup

2. The animated series proved they had weaknesses.

#35 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: as I said I only watched the first season but I know they have weaknesses, but they still don't make up for their powersets, specially when MM's weakness is psychological and he is able to overcome it and Superman's is rare (kryptonite). Magic is cool, but I have no problem with Superman, every team needs a huge powerhouse, my problem is there is two and one is much stronger than the other

but I get what you are saying, animated versions are weaker though. But for a live action movie they would probably go after the comic versions

#36 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

: @Jorgevy said:

@Jnr6Lil: as I said I only watched the first season but I know they have weaknesses, but they still don't make up for their powersets, specially when MM's weakness is psychological and he is able to overcome it and Superman's is rare (kryptonite). Magic is cool, but I have no problem with Superman, every team needs a huge powerhouse, my problem is there is two and one is much stronger than the other

but I get what you are saying, animated versions are weaker though. But for a live action movie they would probably go after the comic versions

You don't know that, For most if not all comic movies don't go after the comic versions.

The thing is the New 52, Animated, & Original lineups are for the most part the same.

#37 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: they mostly are the same yes, few changes. But IMO important, fundamental ones to my liking

yeah I dont know if a movie would be made after the comics versions, but the good ones and most of them have the main influence from the comics (either mainstream universe or other versions - like the Ultimates with the MCU) otherwise they wouldn't really be comic book movies

#38 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:

@Deranged Midget said:

#39 Posted by karrob (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trixie said:

Animated!

#40 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Yes to your liking, you aren't the only watching the movie, nor does Cyborg seem like a cool character to be on the big screen.

None of them use the same rosters as the comics

John Blake isn't a comic character

X-Men First Class didn't use Cyclops, Jean Grey, etc. and their first villains weren't the Hellfire Club. And their roster was major off

Avengers founding members has The Pyms, they were replaced with Hawkeye & Black Widow.

Callisto was never apart of the Brotherhood

may I go on?

#41 Posted by Wolfrazer (7497 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated, though am rather curious....is there a specific reason as to why they didn't use Hal or Aquaman in the original lineup? Or did they just not wanna use em? 

#42 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

I love John Stewart and Martian Manhunter. I hate Aquaman. Oh, and I just LOVE cartoons. I love comic books to, just not as much as cartoons.

#43 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: why are you hurt about my opinion on which roster I prefer? you think you will actually change anyone's mind by forcing them to like something or that if you convince a lot of people that the things you like are better that DC will listen to you and do it? ahahah....

seriously, I already explained, no need to repeat myself.

Also, most comic movies that were sucessful followed certain comic book lines/plots and characters. Batman is not even worth mentioning because it wasn't directly influenced by the comics, it was Nolan's vision of Batman. Also, Black Widow and Hawkeye were present at the Chitauri invasion as members of the Ultimates (AKA Avengers) in the Ultimate universe comics, in which the Marvel Cinematic Universe draws heavily upon.

But you may go on if you want, I'll just ignore any type of comments you make to try and persuade me (LOL) to like something over something else

#44 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: I don't see how I'm hurt, I'm not forcing you or anyone else to like something nor should I have to when the majority of people on this topic prefer it that the JLA movie uses the roster from the series, something you really have no knowledge on since you probably only watched Season 1. All the things I've explained , isn't about your opinion, it's about what would matter on the big screen to people who are casuals, and I would see them preferring MM than Cyborg, Aliens are popular.

But yet you still haven't chosen to listen to the fact that most comic book movies never use the same rosters as the comics like you say they do.

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm's.

By far.

#46 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

Animated, though am rather curious....is there a specific reason as to why they didn't use Hal or Aquaman in the original lineup? Or did they just not wanna use em?

John was used instead of Hal because of racial diversity (Timm admitted that himself), and Timm really wanted to use Hawkgirl because he really liked drawing her, lol. Hal and Kyle made very minor cameos much later on in the series, and Aquaman was a very prominent side character during JLU especially.

Edit: Thinking about it now, with the way he was portrayed in the series, Aquaman as a founding member wouldn't have worked out so well. The first episode he was used in (Ep. 4, I think) he kind of made it clear that he didn't give a damn about the surface. So why, in turn, would he care about the White Martians if they weren't attacking his territory? Hawkgirl's place in the JL made so much more sense when they went over it in the Star Crossed movie, so there's that too.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Justice League is good but the animated Justice League is in a whole other... category.

#48 Edited by Wolfrazer (7497 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024:  Ya I guess that version of Aquaman wouldn't work as a founding member kinda prefer the first version though as shown in Final Crisis, he was such a boss though in JLU and FC. 

Batman: "Careful Aquaman their stronger then you!" 

Aquaman: "That remains to be seen" *Proceeds to knock a guy through the ceiling*
#49 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: Hell yeah he was, lol

#50 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: I figured they didn't use Aquaman very often since the general public likes to make fun of him. Even though he was a bad @$$ I remember a lot of my friends making fun of him and his hook hand. No matter how awesome you make him, there will always be folks who will see him as a joke.