Which is more powerful, mjolnir or lasso of truth?

• 74 results
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@NerdsFTW said:

@Manwhohaseverything said:

The lasso is pretty bad-ass as well.

What exactly can the lasso do that mjolnir can't do?

Make people tell the truth for one. You don't even to be lassoed in it for that, mere contact is enough. It seems the lasso can also "be as long as it needs to be." It's not constrained to the size WW uses it to carry around. If you merely wiki "Lasso of truth" you can get an idea of what it can do. Some of which I'm certain mjolnir can do as well, but will still confirm that it's dang powerful. Both of these artifacts can do things the other can't. Mjolnir may well be more powerful, but by no means is the lasso totally outclassed. 

While you're correct that mjolnir being broken does not prove it's not powerful, I wonder why you bring that up? No one said it wasn't. Some merely suggested they think the lasso is more powerful. Someone saying "I like chocolate better than vanilla doesn't automatically mean they don't like vanilla. Someone saying  " I think the lasso is more powerful than mjolnir." does not mean they think mjolnir is not powerful. 

And, just to clarify...I voted for mjolnir. I merely don't think it's a "curb stomp"
Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Batnandez

@karetaker said:

@Erik said:

@NerdsFTW said:

@Erik:It proves that you have no facts to back your claim.

Which is a more destructive weapon, a hammer or a piece of rope? A hammer.

Then throw in the fact that the hammer can do anything the writer wants it to versus a "truth giver" and you should, but you won't, because you are blinded by some passion to not be proven wrong, that mjolnir is the more powerful weapon.

• No. It does not.
  • Which is more destructive, a sponge in the shape of a hammer or a steel cable? The steel cable.
  • If you knew anything about the lasso, you would not be foolish enough to limit it to just being a "truth giver".
  • I think you are blinded by your passion for Thor's mighty weapon and your complete ignorance of the lasso. LOL you are even too lazy to look up the commonly known abilities the lasso has.

The lasso is completely unbreakable, immutable, and indestructible. The Lasso also appears to be able to alter in length, based on it's wielder's needs. It is able to restore people's lost memories, hypnotize people, get rid of illusions, and people who are in its circumference will be protected from magical attacks. Empowered by the Fires of Hestia, the Lasso forces anyone held by it to tell and understand the absolute truth. Recently, the Lasso has been shown to actually transport Diana's mind into that of whomever is tied within it. Its effects can be very dangerous, as not everyone is capable of facing the truth of their actions stripped bare of excuses. The Amazon Artemis, inexperienced with the use of the lasso, inadvertently drove a man to suicide after tying him in it, and the Lasso reduced both Captain Nazi and Ares, God of War, to tearful surrender by revealing to them the truth of their violent actions.

With Wonder Woman's strength and speed, the lasso can be used as an offensive and defensive weapon.

When the villain Genocide gained control of it and had the lasso implanted into her body, she used the lasso's powers to directly attack her victim's souls, and was able to bring even powerful and strong willed opponents like John Stewart low with ease using it, demonstrating it's frightening potential as a weapon in the wrong hands.--------- are these all the powers?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lame

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By cloudzackvincent

i am a big wonder woman fan( she is my favourite superHERO) and i havn't voted as i m not sure which is the more powerful weapon... but i would like to point out that people saying the lasso has never been broken are wrong.. i remember the Queen of Fables broke it in an old JLA issue..actually i think it was the giant from "Jack the giantkiller" although it was not a feat of brute strength and had more to do with the characters not being real... still the lasso was broken.

No Caption Provided
armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By armylife1124

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

The lasso has never been broken, the hammer has been a number of times

I thought this was the answer, but...@SC said:

I have never been knocked out in a fight before, Mike Tyson has, therefore I obviously can take a punch better than Mike Tyson can. Take that, Iron Man's tennis buddy!

So my original vote for the Hammer stands

BUT....have you ever had rope burns, owwww.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#55  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@ntb1124 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I have never been knocked out in a fight before, Mike Tyson has, therefore I obviously can take a punch better than Mike Tyson can. Take that, Iron Man's tennis buddy!

Thats false logic because we have seen extremely powerful pepole try and brake the lasso and fail and we have seen not that powerful pepole try and brake the hammer and succeed. If we had seen a professional boxer of the type that KO'd Tyson try and knock out SC but fail well thats a different story  
armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By armylife1124

@Jonny_Anonymous: I am with you, both are good points though to the arguement, I have just seen more scans of Thor doing some awesome things...I have never seen the Lasso blow up a planet or destroy entire armies(yes I know that is not the only measure of power...)

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By armylife1124

@NerdsFTW said:

I know the lasso once broke a green lantern construct.

It's never done that.

No Caption Provided

pretty sure that is WW punching the GL construct, with the lasso in her hand, not the lasso doing it????

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntb1124
Online Now

I don't think so. In the pic before the hit, the lasso seems to be wrapped around her hand. Now..her strength may be more of  a factor than the lasso...I admit I don't know. If it is more her strength, I wonder why she'd bother to wrap the lasso around her hand to begin with? Make me think the lasso had some effect. I don't think the GL's had their vulnerability to yellow at this time, but I may be wrong. I also think mjolnir could break a GL construct, and probably easier than WW did here.....Also sorry..sent you the preceding as a "private message" when I only meant it to be a reply.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NerdsFTW

While you're correct that mjolnir being broken does not prove it's not powerful, I wonder why you bring that up? No one said it wasn't. Some merely suggested they think the lasso is more powerful. Someone saying "I like chocolate better than vanilla doesn't automatically mean they don't like vanilla. Someone saying

Iykopis summed it up perfectly

@lykopis said:

There's a few posters who put forth Mjolnir being broken at one time as proof of its inferiority to WW's lasso, so hence the reference. No one claimed curb stomping-at least not users who are contributing to this thread productively.

@ntb1124 said:

pretty sure that is WW punching the GL construct, with the lasso in her hand, not the lasso doing it????

It was the force of her punch that shattered it, not the lasso. And on top of that, the GL wasn't putting enough willpower into the ring(i.e. his constructs for weak, a human could've even shattered it).

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NerdsFTW said:

It was the force of her punch that shattered it, not the lasso. And on top of that, the GL wasn't putting enough willpower into the ring(i.e. his constructs for weak, a human could've even shattered it).

If that's the case why wrap the lasso around her fist? A human could've done that? Are you suggesting Batman could've broken that construct? Not to be argumentative, but I'm not so sure I buy that. Is there a way to measure exactly how strong that construct was? Do we know for sure it was a "weak construct?" I've not seen anything to indicate it was. 

True no one being constructive is claiming curb-stomp..I think that reply was mostly to one poster on this form. Well, I don't like to involve myself in threads forever, so you can have the last word, Just remember..I voted for mjolnir. :)
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#61  Edited By TheCannon

mjolnir is more powerful, but I think the lasso is more pratical.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
@ntb1124 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Thats false logic because we have seen extremely powerful pepole try and brake the lasso and fail and we have seen not that powerful pepole try and brake the hammer and succeed. If we had seen a professional boxer of the type that KO'd Tyson try and knock out SC but fail well thats a different story  

Well actually, the argument that something is superior to something else (say a lasso is less breakable than a hammer) because the latter object has been broken more is a fallacious argument. Just because powerful people have tried to break the lasso and fail and powerful people try to break the hammer and succeeded does not mean that the powerful people who are being referred to are as powerful as each other. So who are saying that has broken the hammer can not break the lasso? Then we can presumably measure how much force they can exert to confirm your theory right? How can you prove that they can't? My 3 year old cousin gets paid (by me) to be a boxer and I can take his punches all day. I guess we have a different story now?  

Oh okay and this as well, Captain America's shield has been broken more times than Storms cape. People have tried to destroy Storm before and therefore her cape, but wow it hasn't been destroyed or dented as much as Cap's shield? A person can make examples like this all day because an objects durability is an independent function from another. Attempting to state otherwise (even though the clever use of an ambiguous term "powerful people") is argumentum ad ignorantiam.     
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SC  Moderator

Would most people typically consider Silver Surfers forcefields as comparative to a Green Lantern construct? If your one of those people that would and you don't know that Thor's hammer has broken through that before then food for thought. Of course like another poster pointed out, a lasso or hammer isn't always independent of other things, like say Wonder Woman or Thor's strength and durability. 

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#64  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@SC: I would reply to this but since you called be ignorant I don't really care what you have to say anymore 
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
@SC: I would reply to this but since you called be ignorant I don't really care what you have to say anymore 

Erm, I didn't call you ignorant. Its a argument term. If I claim that something has a superior quality to something else based on knowledge that applies to one thing but not the other? As in absence of? Its an argument of ignorance. Not only that but ignorance is not an insult. I am ignorant on Blue Water Production comics. So no, I did not call you ignorant, and if you were offended I apologize for the misunderstanding.  

In any case you shouldn't care what I have to say to reply. You should reply to convey your reasoning if thats what you chose to do. My example is far from false logic as demonstrated.     
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By nickthedevil

The hammer.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Hyperlight

Lasso is boss but the hammer has more potential

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Hyperlight said:

Lasso is

No.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Hyperlight

@NerdsFTW: no what?

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By JohnnyWalker
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for wonderfulpeople
wonderfulpeople

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman said that the true power her Lasso of truth capable of , is only ww herself know which is dangerous if it get to the wrong hand. Surely ww didnt use the lasso true power most of the time

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the hammer

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

The hammer seems to have better versatility and more power(s).

Idontknowa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mjolnir