• 70 results
#1 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

The hammer seems to have better versatility and more power(s).

#3 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm feeling bumpy.

#4 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Did you vote?

#5 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: Are you serious?

#6 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

Yes.

I've been told by : in this thread that the lasso of truth is more powerful, and he dared me to make thread and prove him otherwise. So I did.

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: are you sure he didn't mean it in a way of "restraining" or over-powering?

#8 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW:

Yes, it said 100% of the votes were for Mjolnir

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir.

#10 Posted by Erik (33014 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@The_Thunderer said:

Yes.

I've been told by : in this thread that the lasso of truth is more powerful, and he dared me to make thread and prove him otherwise. So I did.

I never dared you to do anything. And just like I told you, making this thread will not prove you right.

#11 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@NerdsFTW: are you sure he didn't mean it in a way of "restraining" or over-powering?

He meant more powerful.

@Erik:It proves that you have no facts to back your claim.

Which is a more destructive weapon, a hammer or a piece of rope? A hammer.

Then throw in the fact that the hammer can do anything the writer wants it to versus a "truth giver" and you should, but you won't, because you are blinded by some passion to not be proven wrong, that mjolnir is the more powerful weapon.

#12 Edited by Erik (33014 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

Then throw in the fact that the hammer can do anything the writer wants it to versus a "truth giver" and you should, but you won't, because you are blinded by some passion to not be proven wrong, that mjolnir is the more powerful weapon.

• No. It does not.
  • Which is more destructive, a sponge in the shape of a hammer or a steel cable? The steel cable.
  • If you knew anything about the lasso, you would not be foolish enough to limit it to just being a "truth giver".
  • I think you are blinded by your passion for Thor's mighty weapon and your complete ignorance of the lasso. LOL you are even too lazy to look up the commonly known abilities the lasso has.
#13 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Erik means durability and strenght not actually firepower, since the Lasso is mostly limited to eletricity

#14 Posted by cameron83 (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

lasso of truth is indestructable

#15 Posted by Asgardian Hulk (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman herself wielded Mjolnir in Marvel vs. DC #3:

Mjolnir > Lasso of Truth.

Once she picked up Mjolnir, the lasso became obsolete. She's ready to use the hammer, and she has already forgotten about the lasso.

#16 Edited by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@NerdsFTW said:

• No. It does not.
  • Which is more destructive, a sponge in the shape of a hammer or a steel cable? The steel cable.
  • If you knew anything about the lasso, you would not be foolish enough to limit it to just being a "truth giver".
  • I think you are blinded by your passion for Thor's mighty weapon and your complete ignorance of the lasso. LOL you are even too lazy to look up the commonly known abilities the lasso has.

The lasso is completely unbreakable, immutable, and indestructible. The Lasso also appears to be able to alter in length, based on it's wielder's needs. It is able to restore people's lost memories, hypnotize people, get rid of illusions, and people who are in its circumference will be protected from magical attacks. Empowered by the Fires of Hestia, the Lasso forces anyone held by it to tell and understand the absolute truth. Recently, the Lasso has been shown to actually transport Diana's mind into that of whomever is tied within it. Its effects can be very dangerous, as not everyone is capable of facing the truth of their actions stripped bare of excuses. The Amazon Artemis, inexperienced with the use of the lasso, inadvertently drove a man to suicide after tying him in it, and the Lasso reduced both Captain Nazi and Ares, God of War, to tearful surrender by revealing to them the truth of their violent actions.

With Wonder Woman's strength and speed, the lasso can be used as an offensive and defensive weapon.

When the villain Genocide gained control of it and had the lasso implanted into her body, she used the lasso's powers to directly attack her victim's souls, and was able to bring even powerful and strong willed opponents like John Stewart low with ease using it, demonstrating it's frightening potential as a weapon in the wrong hands.--------- are these all the powers?

#17 Posted by Erik (33014 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker:

There are more but I am not really interested in this thread to dig up the one-off uses. I would not even bring them up at all actually but NerdsFTW is trying to do the same in his desperation to win this argument about Mjolnir.

#18 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: idk the answer i assumed thor's hammer was more powerful but i guess i dot know alot about ww's lasso

.why is the lasso better?

#19 Posted by Erik (33014 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Erik: idk the answer i assumed thor's hammer was more powerful but i guess i dot know alot about ww's lasso

.why is the lasso better?

Better in what?

#20 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: why is it more powerful? what can it do that makes it better than the hammer

#21 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir

#22 Posted by Erik (33014 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Erik: why is it more powerful? what can it do that makes it better than the hammer

Because it has never been broken while Mjolnir has. Because it has its own power diversity and set of feats that are comparable and in some cases, better.

#23 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: the dcu database doesn't list it as having more powers than thors hammer. and thors hammer would be powerful in anyone's hand if they could pick it up because it doesn't require as much skill to use. if i had thors hammer i could do alot of impressive stuff but if i had ww's lasso i wouldn't be able because i cant wield a lasso

#24 Posted by SC (13148 posts) - - Show Bio

Context or application of the term powerful? In a general simple sense I would say Mjolnir. A hammer is designed to be thrown and designed to have impact, thus its faster, and it hits faster. Power is often defined as strength and speed. A lasso is a rope. Its designed to bind, pull, ensnare. A rope has more pull and flexibility so it can have greater resilience, even when great force is applied against it. Hammers are typically denser than a rope but they have less flexibility. We aren't talking about your typical rope or hammer here though, we are dealing with super powered versions and fictional objects. I would say in that sense, Thor and his weapon is given more weight than Wonder Woman's lasso. In crossovers have writers tried to put moments when Marvel characters get to wield her lasso? Generally they consider it more of a moment for a character to get their hands on Mjolnir. Ultimately though there isn't really a simple right answer, because the ways to test each object differs. A deus ex machina cutting object would/should cut through the lasso faster than Mjolnir. Mjolnir on the other hand should break/shatter faster against a deus ex machina blunt object faster.     

#25 Posted by Erik (33014 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Erik: the dcu database doesn't list it as having more powers than thors hammer. and thors hammer would be powerful in anyone's hand if they could pick it up because it doesn't require as much skill to use. if i had thors hammer i could do alot of impressive stuff but if i had ww's lasso i wouldn't be able because i cant wield a lasso

A wiki does not have a complete list? Shocking.

#26 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: i dont know. i asked you and you dident give me examples you just told me. the internet is wrong apparently and i dont have the comics with these feats. i just wanna know what the lasso can do

#27 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asgardian Hulk said:

Once she picked up Mjolnir, the lasso became obsolete. She's ready to use the hammer, and she has already forgotten about the lasso.

I have no idea what this thread is about. But I'm officially convinced Wonder Woman should be given Mjolnir.

#28 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question. I went with the Lasso because it's non-combat 'force the truth' power is pretty damn useful. However, I could totally see people going with the hammer just because it basically makes you Thor, and you may not be Thor (or Wonder Woman) to begin with.

#29 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Asgardian Hulk said:

I have no idea what this thread is about. But I'm officially convinced Wonder Woman should be given Mjolnir.

if it comes with the outfit, me too!

#30 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

lasso hasn't been ripped

#31 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@karetaker said:

Because it has never been broken while Mjolnir has. Because it has its own power diversity and set of feats that are comparable and in some cases, better.

@moywar700 said:

lasso hasn't been ripped

Just because mjolnir has been broken doesn't mean it isn't powerful.

That's a false assumption.

#32 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#33 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the hammer..but it's not near as one-sided as some on this thread think. In some cases, the lasso actually would be better. I know the lasso once broke a green lantern construct. I assume mjolnir could also, but...maybe not?

#34 Posted by Erik (33014 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

Just because mjolnir has been broken doesn't mean it isn't powerful.

That's a false assumption.

No one is saying that Mjolnir is not powerful. I am not sure why you keep jumping on that non-issue.

#35 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker: Are you really linking to outside comic book website's for this information as opposed to our own? Do you work for them or something like that?

#36 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather own the lasso of truth over Mojlnir any day

saying one is more powerful than the other is completely subjective.

#37 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

No one is saying that Mjolnir is not powerful. I am not sure why you keep jumping on that non-issue.

Because you said the lasso was more powerful than mjolnir.

#38 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: ? no i dont work for the dcu wiki. i dont work for comic vine either though. i just did a Google search for what wonder woman's lasso can do and that popped up

#39 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio
@karetaker: Noted, please link our site in the future when relevant.  
#40 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: anytime

#41 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Truth ownz all ^-^

#42 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

I know the lasso once broke a green lantern construct.

It's never done that.

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33628 posts) - - Show Bio

The lasso has never been broken, the hammer has been a number of times 

#44 Posted by SC (13148 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never been knocked out in a fight before, Mike Tyson has, therefore I obviously can take a punch better than Mike Tyson can. Take that, Iron Man's tennis buddy! 

#45 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

I have never been knocked out in a fight before, Mike Tyson has, therefore I obviously can take a punch better than Mike Tyson can. Take that, Iron Man's tennis buddy!

I like that.

#46 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1915 posts) - - Show Bio
@NerdsFTW said:

I know the lasso once broke a green lantern construct.

It's never done that.

#47 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything: That was because the GL wasn't focusing enough(i.e. didn't put enough willpower into the ring).

And mjolnir can shatter GL constructs as well.

#48 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

The lasso has never been broken, the hammer has been a number of times

Again, mjolnir being broken doesn't mean it's not a powerful weapon.

#49 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1915 posts) - - Show Bio
@NerdsFTW said:

@Manwhohaseverything: That was because the GL wasn't focusing enough(i.e. didn't put enough willpower into the ring).

And mjolnir can shatter GL constructs as well.

That may be, I was merely pointing out is has happened. And I did suggest in my original post I assumed the hammer could break a GL construct also. Though with Thor and GL being in different universes, that's mere speculation. I did vote for the hammer in the poll, I just don't think it's as lopsided as some of my fellow hammer-voters are making it. The lasso is pretty bad-ass as well.
#50 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

The lasso is pretty bad-ass as well.

What exactly can the lasso do that mjolnir can't do?