#1 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL..I dunno why there is an option D. I must have forgotten to remove an option or somethin'.

#3 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose pulling.

After all, Frieza can destroy a planet, but he arguably couldn't pull one.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

With some rope I could pull a boulder of not-insignificant size. No way am I punching it though. Answer: destroying.

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how you do either one. 
Destroying a planet with someone else's tech isn't much a feat and if you pull a planet with some kind of space two truck it's not really that impressive.

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm..I'd say pull in terms of physical strength, but destroying a planet would probably mean they have more versatility. I don't know it's pretty even to me.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:
With some rope I could pull a boulder of not-insignificant size. No way am I punching it though. Answer: destroying.
But you don't have super strength.....suppose you did you could fling said boulder into space as easily as you could punch it into dust...

....I just Bill Nye'd you....come at me Joygirl
#8 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have super strength, I have normal strength. I was using my own strength level as a ratio to determine which action is more challenging for an object of identical weight. To Superman, the boulder is Saturn. If his strength works the same as mine, merely at a higher threshold, then he should be able to pull Saturn much more easily than he can crack it in half with a punch.

#9 Posted by Pfcoolio15 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know this has to do with Screwattack.

#10 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

destroying. pulling a planet is not really really about strenght, but more of propulsion, aka flight. so when they make characters pull a planet just to make them seem strong, it's pretty pointless, since it's their propulsion that's doing most of the work. when you destroy a planet, it's about power you have, either physical, energy or anything else

#11 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to say destroying a planet would be more powerful and would take more strength ( if doing it with your hands. ) even with super powers I will say destroying is more impressive. Pulling a Planet is just a strength feat.

#12 Posted by Big_Nasty (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I Smell a DBZ/DC Topic. But I'll go with pulling.

#13 Edited by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone can push a car

very few can destroy it with one punch

#14 Posted by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

Moving a planet anywhere in a relatively short period of time without completely devastating its crust should be pretty much impossible.

Destroying a planet by standing on it and punching really hard with a human sized fist should also be pretty much impossible.

So for guys like Hulk and Superman, physics are so far out the window it is kind of arbitrary.

But as far as real world physics go, it seems pretty well established that destroying the earth would require something like 10^31 joules of energy (absolute minimum, so anything other than an ideal situation would actually require more). I think the amount of energy needed to move the planet will depend on how far and how fast you are moving it.

#15 Posted by tea8765 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

According to some I can destroy a planet by buying a SUV, now pulling one out of orbit... that takes talent.

#16 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm..interesting. I look at it this way. We've all seen the Met Rx competitions where dudes pull airplanes and train cars.

Now imagine them destroying those vehicles with 2, 3, even 4 punches. I know comic physics is different than real world physics but I'm just sayin'...

#17 Posted by thefusescape (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroying a friggn planet. The deathstar could problably pull a planet easier than blowing one up. More energy needed to power dat lazer.

#18 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@tea8765: Who is that?

#19 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@DaAwesome2:

Driving a car, or destroying a car? which do you think cost more effort.

#20 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroying. I can pull an apple but I can't destroy it with my bare hands.

@InnerAssassin said:

@tea8765: Who is that?

Starkiller/Galen Marek (he didn't actually pull the star destroyer from orbit)

#21 Posted by the_yawars (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Pulling a planet.

#22 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe in avoiding waste so better to eat a planet than to destroy a planet and use the poop as fertilizer. DC also has more powerful sun eaters from the Controllers and also Starbreaker. Superman is also sort of a sun eater altho I am not sure if Superman can eat 12 stars in one sitting.

#23 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

Pulled my finger. Thought that was pretty damn impressive. Without restraint, could probably destroy the planet too ...

#24 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

GEE

I WONDER WHERE THIS QUESTION COMES FROM

CERTAINLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DEATH BATTLE OF GOKU VS SUPERMAN

NOPE

SURELY NOT

#25 Posted by tea8765 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerAssassin: its the character you play in The Force Unleashed (a fun game on wii) its just what came to mind when I thought of the power to pull and incredibly large and heavy object.

#26 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

Destroying. I can pull an apple but I can't destroy it with my bare hands.

someone people can destroy an apple with one hand but it takes power

#27 Posted by Teerack (7418 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly EATING a planet is the most impressive.

#28 Posted by AmazingWebHead (4287 posts) - - Show Bio

There are tons of ways to destroy a planet, but very few to pull one.

#29 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say pulling a planet

#30 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan:

LOL. Funny. But driving a car doesn't really require any effort on my part. Destroying it would, depending on how I total it.

Now, if I'm wasted and stupidly decide to get behind the wheel, I can accomplish both the driving of and destruction of the vehicle in one fell swoop. LOL.

#31 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@DaAwesome2 said:

@GodDamnIronMan:

LOL. Funny. But driving a car doesn't really require any effort on my part. Destroying it would, depending on how I total it.

Now, if I'm wasted and stupidly decide to get behind the wheel, I can accomplish both the driving of and destruction of the vehicle in one fell swoop. LOL.

I just drawing a simple assumption. It's the same actually, It's easier for you to push a car, I bet you tried before...but we can't destroy the car...

#32 Posted by entropicage (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say pulling a planet without destroying it or at least seriously damaging it is more impressive.