Which is Better? SS Serum(MCU) or Mirakuru(Arrow)?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Which is better? The live action Super Soldier serum that Cap Has or the Arrow's television series' Mirakuru used by Slade and Roy.?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

SSS, doesn't potentially kill you or make you go on rage filled revenge plots.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Soldier Serum. Because it doesn't make you become a violent angry psychopath like the Mirakuru does.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Erskin Formula (SSS) It seems that the Mirakuru formula makes one stronger and more durable; it also makes you insane, and I already have enough self control issues.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Ends in Manu Bennet and Chris Evans making man love.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

Manu gives Evans a "death stroke"

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, gentlemen? I think you're forgetting the other test subject for Erskin's Formula. Y'know, the omnicidal maniac nicely coined 'The Red Skull'? Founder of Hydra? Hail, and so on?

The SSS only worked on Steve because he didn't have any bad qualities for it to amplify. That's WHY he was picked over physically more appealing subjects: Because with the SSS, good becomes great. Bad becomes worse. Now who here thinks they are so pure that they'd come out any better with Erskin's Formula than Mirakuru?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Wolverine008
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@the_stegman said:

@fallschirmjager said:

No Caption Provided

didn't you come out of the closet recently? i'd figure such a scene would be glorious for you

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Oh yeah...might as well choose Mirakuru then, I don't wanna lose my good looks. I mean I'm a good guy, but I am far from straight edge.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

SSS

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

@fallschirmjager said:

No Caption Provided

didn't you come out of the closet recently? i'd figure such a scene would be glorious for you

That... that was just a momentary slip up of my overwhelming masculinity.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

SSS

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: This Mirakuru is a Psycho Serum, not a Super Serum.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Veshark

@jonsmith said:

Uh, gentlemen? I think you're forgetting the other test subject for Erskin's Formula. Y'know, the omnicidal maniac nicely coined 'The Red Skull'? Founder of Hydra? Hail, and so on?

The SSS only worked on Steve because he didn't have any bad qualities for it to amplify. That's WHY he was picked over physically more appealing subjects: Because with the SSS, good becomes great. Bad becomes worse. Now who here thinks they are so pure that they'd come out any better with Erskin's Formula than Mirakuru?

In fairness, it was said that the Serum Johann took was a 'prototype'. Also in the First Vengeance tie-in, Skull was already shown to be a psycho even before the Serum. I don't think anyone here is a murderer (glances around awkwardly)....right? Fairly average people have a good chance of making it out of the Serum with a normal face, I should think.

And at any rate, it's still a better shot than the Mirakuru, which Sara Lance does mention can cause physical deformations (remember the Japanese skeletons), in addition to making you mentally-unstable. At least you have a shot with the SSS. With the Mirakuru, even if you survive the initial process, you're still f&^*ed afterwards.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

In fairness, it was said that the Serum Johann took was a 'prototype'. Also in the First Vengeance tie-in, Skull was already shown to be a psycho even before the Serum. I don't think anyone here is a murderer (glances around awkwardly)....right? Fairly average people have a good chance of making it out of the Serum with a normal face, I should think.

And at any rate, it's still a better shot than the Mirakuru, which Sara Lance does mention can cause physical deformations (remember the Japanese skeletons), in addition to making you mentally-unstable. At least you have a shot with the SSS. With the Mirakuru, even if you survive the initial process, you're still f&^*ed afterwards.

Fair enough. On an unrelated note, I can't help but wonder if, with that 'Good becomes great, bad becomes worse' angle to the Super Soldier Serum, I wonder if they set that up to hint at the Sentry. It seems unlikely, but simultaneously oddly specific.