• 120 results
LuffyDUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By LuffyDUzumaki

This does not include aliens or demons and this can include a villain that was turned into a hero.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Off the top of my head..I'd say Batman. Beyond the parents being shot thing, he's seen friends turn into foes (Harvey Dent), he was there when Grayson's parents died. Wolverine could give hi some competition, I guess. Now if by "past" you mean only "before they became super-heroes", I think Batman beats Spider-man., If by past you mean "anything before today", Spider-man's comic series has been the most soap-opera of any hero I read.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Cassandra Cain's up there.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReVamp

Wolverine too.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrimsonCake

Aquaman.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Batman and Spider Man's. Batman's parents were killed right in front of him and Spider-Man's uncle Ben died affecting him.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ImmortalOne

Batman, his parents were murdered right in front of him.

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ExtraLarge

Spider-man. Orphaned at a young age. Uncle dies giving him a lifelong guilt trip. Hated by media manipulated public. True love killed by Green Goblin. Happy return of parents shattered when they are revealed to be robots. Best friend goes insane and becomes a goblin. Grieves over dead Aunt May until finding out it was fake Aunt May who died and real Aunt May had been imprisoned. Lost child. Marriage destroyed by Satan. I could probably go on awhile.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Punisher, his wife and son died right in front of him not to mention the vietnam war mission where all the other soldiers died( at least one of them had yto be his friend ).

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ExtraLarge

Almost forgot - Spider-Man was also molested as a kid.

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mr_gone

Magneto. Between the holocaust, and then watching his daughter get burned alive for being half gypsy, i'd say he's had it pretty rough. Also, that's not counting all the crazy that's happened since his becoming magneto. Though to be fair, you can always find something sadder. i don't think there is a definitive answer here.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Jessica Jones-She was the only person in her high school who was less respected than Peter Parker and she didn't have any friends. She got her powers from an accident that killed both her parents.She later became a Private Investigator, that's where she encountered Purple Man whom took control of her with his powers and raped her repeatedly. 

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

@ExtraLarge said:

Almost forgot - Spider-Man was also molested as a kid.

O_o

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jwalser3

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Punisher, his wife and son died right in front of him not to mention the vietnam war mission where all the other soldiers died( at least one of them had yto be his friend ).

I think this would be the saddest, at least for me.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#15  Edited By TheCannon
  • Wolverine
  • Batman
  • Punisher
KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By KainScion

@Vance Astro: really? DAMN!! yeah this takes the cake. JESUS!! this in a comic.

FIash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FIash

As a child Barry Allen's mom was beat to death and his father wrongfully convicted for the murder.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Osian2

Cyclops has had it pretty bad. Before becoming an x-man his parents died in a plane crash as he and his brother used the only parachute which caught fire. Scott gets brain damage from the fall and wakes up to hear that his brother is dead. He's told that he was in a coma for a year (in reality Mr. Sininister experimented on him for a year). Spends the rest of his childhood in an orphanage where Sinister (posed as a child) torments him and stops anyone from adopting Scott. His power manifests and is uncontrolable leaving him essentially blind. Jack o'diamonds adopts Scott and uses him as a weapon. All of this before he becomes an x-man and it just gets worse afterwards.

His father and brother turn up alive, the former being a space pirate and is now dead anyway. His wife Jean has died about 3 times now. His first wife Madelyn went insane and died. He had to send his son into the future as a baby to save him from the TO virus only for him to come back forty years older and estranged. He merged with Apocalypse and suffered for six months with the x-men all gave up hope on him. Perhaps worst of all was when he found out he had a half brother called Gabriel who he trained with to save the original 5 x-men. The mission ended badly with Gabriel seemingly dying so Prof X erased all memories of Gabriel from Scotts mind so he could get on with the mission.

Pretty tragic if you ask me.

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ExtraLarge

Batman is not the saddest. Yes, his parents were murdered in front of him, but other than that, I'd say he's had a pretty good life. It's not like he got shipped to an orphanage. Instead he got to stay in his mansion with his new father figure and grow up to be a billionaire playboy who heads one of the largest companies in the world. You might have a case for him if Jason Todd had stayed dead and Barbara Gordan had stayed crippled because Batman refuses to kill the Joker, but they're both fine now. He even got a note from his dad from Flashpoint telling him how proud he is of him. Batman is just a big whiny baby who can't get past a little childhood trauma like the rest of the grown-ups do.

Freakologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Freakologist

Spawn (Al Simmons)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@KainScion said:

@Vance Astro: really? DAMN!! yeah this takes the cake. JESUS!! this in a comic.

Jessica Jones origin started in the Marvel MA X imprint so they were allowed to do more.
jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By jinxuandi

Daredevil's has been pretty terrible. Almost everyone he has known (except Foggy) has died.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mettlekm

Spidey - the guilt alone... Rogue had it tough, at least until she got some control over her powers. Ms Marvel was more or less raped & also had her conciousness stolen by Rogue. Superman - he's an orphaned on a strange planet... although he can fly, see through walls & can kick everyone's ass.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Romulus9000

That last one is hilarious but for me its Roy Harper He is a recovering Addict hes gone from Hero to villian. He's one of the few characters weve seen grow emotionally and physically. All of these reasons is why he is in my top 5 favorite comic book characters of all time. He's a boss.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mettlekm

@Vance Astro: good call with Jessica.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Hazlenaut

Are robots and Mobians are able be in this debate?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Strider1992

1.Jessica Jones: She has the most disturbing past I think i've ever read what with her being raped repeatedly, losing her parents etc..

2.Spawn: Nuff said

3.The Butcher: had to endure his wife getting raped by a superhero then had to watch the superpowered child tear its way out of her killing his wife in the process before then having to kill the child himself.

4.Punisher: Whole family killed infront of you? Doesn't get much worse

5.Spider-man: Being orphaned then losing your only father figure because you failed to act? kind of a bummer

6.Ms Marvel: Marcus and a drinking problem

7.Taskmaster: When you remember to much your brain overloads making you forget who you are and your family over and over again. It's not really that sad for him as he doesn't remember but its pretty sad when you see it through the eyes of an outside viewer.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By _Zombie_

@Strider92 said:

1.Jessica Jones: She has the most disturbing past I think i've ever read what with her being raped repeatedly, losing her parents etc..

2.Spawn: Nuff said

3.The Butcher: had to endure his wife getting raped by a superhero then had to watch the superpowered child tear its way out of her killing his wife in the process before then having to kill the child himself.

4.Punisher: Whole family killed infront of you? Doesn't get much worse

5.Spider-man: Being orphaned then losing your only father figure because you failed to act? kind of a bummer

7.Taskmaster: When you remember to much your brain overloads making you forget who you are and your family over and over again. It's not really that sad for him as he doesn't remember but its pretty sad when you see it through the eyes of an outside viewer.

Going to agree with these. Especially Taskmaster. The scene at the end of Unthinkable was just painful to read.

@joeagentofhand1 said:

The MAX version is particularly bad, what with it hinting that he indirectly caused the deaths of his family.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By Strider1992

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Going to agree with these. Especially Taskmaster. The scene at the end of Unthinkable was just painful to read.

Yeah these 3 last pages actually made me feel bad for him which is unusual because feeling sad for fictional characters is not my thing.

Especially the part about him retaining an illusion that he's a bad guy every time he loses his memory even though he's technically done nothing wrong.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Zombie_

@Strider92: Especially that last page, man. It just hit me right in the gut when his wife had to do that again. And I have to agree, it's extremely rare that something happening to a comic character, let alone a fictional one, gets to me like that.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Strider92 said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Yeah these 3 last pages actually made me feel bad for him which is unusual because feeling sad for fictional characters is not my thing.

Especially the part about him retaining an illusion that he's a bad guy every time he loses his memory even though he's technically done nothing wrong.

Agreed. This was one of the saddest moments i'd read in a while.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Cap10nate

Jessica Jones is definitely a good one.

I think a case could be made for Bucky Barnes. He lost both his parents when he was young. He was brainwashed by the Russians and assassinated many people including blowing up part of Philadelphia. He has memories of all of these actions that he has to live with. Also, he lives in a time where he knows very few people and has to make everything think he is dead so he can try to make ammends for what he has done as Winter Soldier

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkeye

He was a carny who got his heart broken and used by Black Widow so he would go get trounced by Iron Man. HE WAS A CARNY ! CASE CLOSED !

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

Jimmy Olsen because he has to go through life being Jimmy Olsen

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KnightRise

It sucks to be Scott Summers. Hell, it sucks to be related to Scott Summers.

EDIT: in that vein, its pretty unfortunate to be Cable as well.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Night Thrasher

Why has no one mentioned the Hulk yet?

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By Mega_spidey01

wolverine- always a killer brainwashed, can't really die to everyone else he always seen as just a monster.

spawn(al simmons) he a demon who came be with wife cause he got tricked by the devil and wanda blake is married to his best friend.

spider-man - society always considers him a meance, his best friend turned evil, lost the love of his life (mary jane) thanks to mephisto. but he never gives up and keeps on trying to do good.

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SyIar

Red Hood has always struck me as someone with a tragic life.

Under The Red Hood was pretty sad. And even after that... Every time I read something with him going bat sh*t, it's usually because he just wants attention and recognition from Batman.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By Saren

Dex-Starr. He was a good kitty who became an evil kitty.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tg1982

@Vance Astro said:

Jessica Jones-She was the only person in her high school who was less respected than Peter Parker and she didn't have any friends. She got her powers from an accident that killed both her parents.She later became a Private Investigator, that's where she encountered Purple Man whom took control of her with his powers and raped her repeatedly.

Damn man. How can anyone compare to that? That trancends sad and goes right into tragic-ville.

Also Mockingbird, she was raped and then her husband (Hawkeye) belittled her for not saving the man who raped her.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KnightRise

@CitizenBane said:

Dex-Starr. He was a good kitty who became an evil kitty.

Moment of silence for the rage-filled fluff ball...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By Saren

Seriously, I will pay one thousand of your American dollars to anyone who can find me a more tragic origin.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I already know that there are none, so my money is safe.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DocFatalis

Spawn who got sent to hell for killing his son in the womb of his wife, got out of hell to be with said wife but returned to discover he was an ugly maggot eaten demon and his wife was doing his best friend.

The Punisher for obvious reasons.

Starfire who was enslaved before being raped for years and years, and finally being experienced upon in the nazi style. Of course, when she broke free, her only sister simply tried to kill her on a daily basis.

Magneto: concentration camps ain't no places for young children.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Batman

Storm

Punisher

Jessica Jones

Spider-Man

Wolverine

NightCrawler

Johnny Blaze(Ghost Rider) lol

List goes on..........

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#45  Edited By TDK_1997

Punisher,Batman and that's it.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tg1982

@CitizenBane said:

Seriously, I will pay one thousand of your American dollars to anyone who can find me a more tragic origin.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I already know that there are none, so my money is safe.

Aww. Poor kitty.

I ain't gonna lie things like this with animals in them, tend to make me cry. Especially, Old Yeller.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Mahattan(to some extent). He knows about fate and what will happen to him and he has no control over it. If he was still human it would drive him mad, but I guess you get used to it though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Strider92 said:

The drinking problem isn't really that bad.The Marcus Immortus stuff is by far one of the worst things i've ever read in a comic.
FinnVarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FinnVarra

@KnightRise said:

It sucks to be Scott Summers. Hell, it sucks to be related to Scott Summers.

EDIT: in that vein, its pretty unfortunate to be Cable as well.

Yeah it must be awful to be Scott Summers. All those years of banging a hot red head must have sucked. Not nearly as bad as the years he's spent nailing a hot blonde though. Horrible horrible time that guy must have. lol

LevukaR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LevukaR

I don't know how to categorize Doom in last few month, but if we could include him just for a moment he had one of most saddest pasts.