• 115 results
#51 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually relatively tolerant of fan-favorite characters. Every character has good points that while you might not enjoy, somebody else would, and most of the time my dislike for characters stem from their irrational fanboy/girl communities more than the actual character (I'm looking at you, Namor and Storm fanpersons).

I guess the closest I would come to would be Wally West. I get that he's supposed to have surpassed his mentor and mastered the Speed Force - but the level of his power is a little ludicrous. Short of celestial beings like Presence/Specter and maybe 5th Dimensional imps, he's basically the most powerful superhuman in the pre-52 DCU. I don't know, it irritates me a little.

Still, even then, I don't actually mind Wally West as a character.

#52 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

A few I can't stand are;

1. Iron Man
  2. Storm
  3. Cyclops
#53 Posted by Bruxae (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman & Deadpool, I dont get this fascination with wise-asses, all it does is make me wanna climb into the comic and punch them myself.. They arent even that great they are just being annoying.

#54 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say Cyclops.

My brother hates Superman with a passion.

#55 Posted by Immortal777 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man

Hulk

Hal Jordan

#56 Posted by ThexX (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

Batman

Superman

#57 Posted by The Stegman (24484 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Spiderman & Deadpool, I dont get this fascination with wise-asses, all it does is make me wanna climb into the comic and punch them myself.. They arent even that great they are just being annoying.

Deadpool I can agree on, but Spider-Man to me is a breath of fresh air in Marvel, all the other heroes with very few exceptions are so harda** and serious all of the time, I know the world's about to break, but geez, lighten up.

#58 Edited by Kairan1979 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X. The ultimate hypocrite (Danger Room, Vulcan etc) who did the mutantkind more harm than good.

#59 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Hulk, Wolverine, Batman, Spider-Man, All DBZ characters

#60 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Wolverine. I know he's supposed to be one of the original badasses of the comics world, but I've never been able to take the yellow-costumed midget seriously. He has suffered from a lot of overexposure and inconsistent writing. He's also a big part of the X-Men, and I've always found the X-Men to be one of the least accessible teams in comics. One big fat soap opera. I know I'm going to get heat for that, but that's the way I feel.

Also Hal Jordan. They should have never brought him back. He's not only boring, but a douchebag as well. Having said that, I'm perfectly ok with Barry Allen even though I loved Wally. Go figure.

#61 Edited by Lvenger (20048 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephanie Brown.

(though I don't really hate Steph, I'm just indifferent to her. Can't see what all the fuss is about)

#62 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

All DBZ characters

I second that as well. Anime has destroyed what Saturday cartoons used to be.

#63 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11148 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Doctor Doom, and people constantly hyping him up with "prep time" makes me hate him even more.

#65 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11148 posts) - - Show Bio

JOKER I F****** HATE THE JOKER, he come plays the same mind games then ''dies'' the only good Joker story was The Killing Joke, nuff said

#66 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13203 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

its really more than that. Spider-Man is a sweet, loveable, nerdy underdog who is constantly shit on by life yet always finds the will to go on. his snark is sort of a self-defense mechanism to distract himself from his discomfort in certain situations (such as dressing up in tights to fight inhumanly strong villains)

#67 Posted by Dabee (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is making me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Which are the characters that you know are very popular but that for some reason (whetever known to you or not) you just can't stand/hate?

My picks

Spider-man

Hulk

Deadpool

Wolverine (depending the story)

I also used to hate Superman and Captain America, but they have quickly become some of my favorite characters

#68 Edited by Cap10nate (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been a big Deadpool fan. I don't mind his more serious incarnations like in uncanny X-Force but some of the more comical stuff, I just can't enjoy.

There really isn't anyone that I hate I guess. I just don't read characters I don't like so I never really develop a hatred for them.

#69 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11637 posts) - - Show Bio

I was very indifferent, borderline hate, towards Damian Wayne. But now he's dead so...I have to find someone new to dislike...

#70 Edited by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man. Doc Ock Spider-Man is the sh!t. Peter Parker though.....aint feeling it.

#71 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to be that guy, but some posts have so much names that I'm asking myself "Why so much hate in your hearth?"

#72 Posted by bob808 (6775 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#73 Edited by TDK_1997 (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#74 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Wolverine

Storm

Damian Wayne

#75 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

The Doctor

any character from firefly (except Jayne)

The Doctor (all versions except the first and seventh)

#76 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8016 posts) - - Show Bio

Defiantly Iron Man. What he did in the Civil War story arc was just wrong. It made me kinda sick to stomach.

#77 Posted by Catsnlynne (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Superman

Aquaman

Wonder Women

anyone in the Bat family (except for Jason Todd)

that chick with Jason Todd and Roy Harper.

Spider-Man

Hulk

X-Men

Fantastic Four

Ms. Marvel being known as Captain Marvel

#78 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18083 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm

#79 Edited by Xwraith (18357 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never liked the "popular" characters best in anything.

#80 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

I despise Spiderman and Cyborg.

#81 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Vash the Stampede: I know I may get my anime fan card revoke but dislike that character. At the darkest hour he ran not standing up to his ideals. Everyone hailed him like a hero which I feel that he does not deserve. Appreciation is OK once in a while but every battle, come on. this guy suppose to be considered a monster and not one person is skeptical.the series fails to be western with him around

#82 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to hate Superman because he seemed to be overpowered but after reading more of his comics, he was quickly elevated to my top three favourites (it helped that I liked him in the movies as a child).

At the moment I wouldn't say I despise anyone, I'm not the biggest fan of Storm though and - as good as he is - I do think that Batman is a bit overrated at times.

#83 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

TheDrifter said:
"TheDrifter said:
"And Midnighter"
He sucks
Apollo

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

*delete* *delete* *delete* *delete*

mental image deletion not complete. ERROR 690

shutting down all systems

#84 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet you said that so that someone would reply it's starfire and then, you could say "she is no Starfire"...

AmI right? Do I get a prize?

#85 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman (sometimes)

Ms. Marvel becoming Captain Marvel...

Thing

Joker. Tired of him.

Damian Wayne (even though he is gone, he is still a favorite for some. I don't care for him.)

#86 Posted by Catsnlynne (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

@catsnlynne said:

I bet you said that so that someone would reply it's starfire and then, you could say "she is no Starfire"...

AmI right? Do I get a prize?

Actually I couldn't remember her name and wasn't going to go grab one of my RHATO comic books so I could look it up. So sorry no prize for you.

#87 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5910 posts) - - Show Bio

My dislike for a character usually comes from the character overall not the over exposure. The overexposure just makes me dislike the fanboys of a character who say ridiculous things like "batman with prep can beat anyone" or "hulk can beat anyone no matter what".

As for characters i dislike

green goblin

luke cage

nick fury

maria hill

fallen one (surfer is the real first herald)

#88 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Cardle_grave (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i cant Stand Digimon fans

They overrate the hell out of there character yet Digimon show the cheapest ways to show destruction feats

They think Because Zeedmilliunmon can Temper with space and Time and destroy the universe they have him strongest then Galactus or DBZ characters or Marvel Character Yet little do they know These guys Destruction Abilities are form Pure power not a techniques that allows you to Mess with space and time

Even NEO, His has to have the cheapest to destroy the universe. Buuhan, Galactus, TOAA and other marvel character can destroy the universe and there not even seen form a Country. yet NEO can destroy the universe when his the size of a freaking galaxy. A galaxy man that is so low it is not even funny.

I have even seen people put Omnimon X ( a guy who can only reset the planet with all delete (a technique) yet not fast only jet speed, Weak durability that cant handle City busting attack and Destruction to only City level to Guys like Broly, Silver surfer, Galactus, Beta ray, TOAA

#90 Edited by nintendork666 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedrifter said:

Thor

Yup.

I hear great things, but just can't convince myself to give a damn.

Same goes for most DC stuff. Which is ignorant, I know.

#91 Edited by roboadmiral (546 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm always really annoyed when a character get's made with the purpose of becoming a "fan-favorite." Like Harper Row in Scott Snyder's Batman. She's not a bad character, but I have no idea what she's doing here. She doesn't add anything to the plot, she's just there because Snyder wants her there for some reason and expects all the readers to be enamored with her for no reason than because we've been told to be.

And this new Clara companion in Doctor Who. "You guys like Amelia Pond, right? Well here's Amelia Pond again, just not Scottish. . . like her." Because if the cute-spunky-chick-who-can-"handle"-the-Doctor archetype is worth doing once, it's worth doing into the ground.

#92 Posted by Xwraith (18357 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm always really annoyed when a character get's made with the purpose of becoming a "fan-favorite." Like Harper Row in Scott Snyder's Batman. She's not a bad character, but I have no idea what she's doing here. She doesn't add anything to the plot, she's just there because Snyder wants her there for some reason and expects all the readers to be enamored with her for no reason than because we've been told to be.

I say that Harper Row is to Scott Snyder what Wesley Crusher was to Gene Roddenberry.

#93 Posted by flazam (2496 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3731 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Thor

Sentry

Barry Allen

Harry Osborne

and

Lex Luthor

#95 Edited by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach (Sorry, but in his situation I would have compromised, even in the face of Armageddon).

Previously hated (but not anymore): Superman and Cyclops. Yay, I think they're cool!

#96 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool.

#97 Edited by flazam (2496 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is Overated

#98 Posted by Strider92 (16516 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler said:

Spider-Man. Doc Ock Spider-Man is the sh!t. Peter Parker though.....aint feeling it.

Yay someone else who likes Superior!!!!!(although I prefer Kaine to both Superior and Peter)

Hmmmm I guess Cyclops and Emma Frost would be my choices. I also kind of dislike Magik now.....yeah there's a trend developing here.

#99 Posted by SmashBrawler (5748 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, and...

@lvenger said:

Stephanie Brown.

(though I don't really hate Steph, I'm just indifferent to her. Can't see what all the fuss is about)

#100 Edited by Ben836 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut, Namor, Superman, Broly. Especially Broly...he isn't even high tier in DBZ, any SSJ2 who consistently trains can kill him effortlessly.