#1 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe DC by a hair. But I don't put much stock in these things.

#3 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#4 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

currently Im reading much more DC, but Marvel is my favorite

#5 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

They are equal in my book. Marvel has the better characters by far, yet DC pumps out better stories.

#6 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

It shifts. In the 70's/early 80's..Marvel was better. Then DC was better for a bit, then Marvel, then DC. Right now, I actually think DC is light-years ahead in quality of writing, but Marvel has done better with the movies. Marvel needs some better writers and DC needs a good movie not based on Batman or a graphic novel (Like A History of Violence", or "Road to Perdition") that folks don't even know is a DC product. I assume DC's animation is still considered better? But I haven't seem much Marvel animation lately..have they gotten better?

#7 Posted by Nia Wolf (215 posts) - - Show Bio

DC - better stories, games

Marvel - better characters, movies

#8 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4305 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. tough topic. Lately I'm reading mostly Marvel, not too long ago it was mostly DC (especially Infinate crisis, Blackest Night, JSA, Gl and Flash Rebirths, awesome....) but I would say i'm mostly a Marvel guy now. 70's-80's marvel was great. 90's Dc was good. Marvel's storylines are getting much better.......and @Manwhohaseverything : I think Marvel animation is slightly improving. Planet Hulk was OK, and the animation in the new Ultimate Spider-Man TV show is pretty decent. But the animation in Batman: Red Hood??? Stellar.

#9 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

It's shaky for me but Marvel is my first choice and then I run to DC it's like a scale with equal amounts of weight!

#10 Posted by Protoon (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything: Completely agree with you.

I used to be absolutely a Marvel fan, but DC won me over with some great books: I feel like DC's best stuff from the last 10 years has been better than Marvel's.

#11 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel. But Jeph Loeb is ruining it and Thor isn't written like he used to be written by Stan Lee.

m99

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@majestic99 said:

Marvel. But Jeph Loeb is ruining it and Thor isn't written like he used to be written by Stan Lee.

m99

Loeb? How?
#13 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

Loeb? How?

Has Jeph Loeb ever read a Thor comic?

Rulk not only beats up Thor, but he lifts his hammer(albeit in zero-gravity), but he lifts it none the less.

And in the same issue Rulk could-

Absorb the Power Cosmic:

Knock out a Watcher with one blow:

Loeb Force

m99

#14 Edited by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

TEAM DC!!!!!!!

#15 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@majestic99: That was a while ago.
#16 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@majestic99: That was a while ago.

I'm just saying I hope he doesn't make any more Thor comics.

m99

#17 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel or DC... Like now, well... none of them seem superior to the other right now, both seem pretty mediocre...

#18 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, mainly because their writing just so much better. Marvel has a few cooler characters, but that means nothing when those characters aren't written as well.

#19 Edited by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio

DC in all categories. 
 -Better stories 
-Better writers 
-More interesting characters 
-WAY BETTER events/crossovers  
-DC Imprints (Vertigo, Wildstorm) >>>>> Marvel Imprints 
-Better animation

The only thing Marvel is outdoing DC in right now is pumping out more movies., although, even then, Nolan's Batman Trilogy>Any Marvel movie.

#20 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Marvel ahead?

#21 Posted by ToonForce (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy both, but I prefer DC.

#22 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I only like DC better because of Vertigo. Vertigo has made me a fan of the DC.

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

team marvel. the avengers, deadpool, spider-man. make mine marvel !

#24 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say I like Marvel more. I grew up with it and I'm not feeling DC from any front these days. Marvel and I have an understanding.

#25 Posted by kit_fisto (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both, but I'd choose Marvel over DC by a hairline. For me, Marvel has the overall better characters, though DC's top superheroes (Supes, Bats, WW, Flash) are superior than their Marvel counterparts.

#26 Posted by Akumuvirus (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel!!!!!!!!!!! I really dislike DC, but I def respect them. And I read both.

#27 Posted by Bleeble (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like a "I like them equally" option.

#28 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to be honest and say that a few years ago I was a huge marvel fan but when the New 52 came and teen titans was there I realised where I wanted to be.

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been a fan of Marvel for 4 or 5 years.

#30 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: seriously? they made rulk lift mjolnir?

#31 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both about the same. But my fav. characters are in DC.

#32 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think it was the real Thor anyway. Wasn't that when the cyborg Thor had taken his place?

#33 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason why Marvel would be better is due to their better films over the years...otherwise like @The Stegman: says, DC is superior in almost every way...and is also older.

#34 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

@majestic99: seriously? they made rulk lift mjolnir?

Loeb Force

#35 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

It shifts. In the 70's/early 80's..Marvel was better. Then DC was better for a bit, then Marvel, then DC. Right now, I actually think DC is light-years ahead in quality of writing, but Marvel has done better with the movies. Marvel needs some better writers and DC needs a good movie not based on Batman or a graphic novel (Like A History of Violence", or "Road to Perdition") that folks don't even know is a DC product. I assume DC's animation is still considered better? But I haven't seem much Marvel animation lately..have they gotten better?

this.

Forgive me father for I have sinned; I like Marvel AND DC...

#36 Posted by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlueLantern1995:  

@sinestro_GL  said: 

The only reason why Marvel would be better is due to their better films over the years...otherwise like @The Stegmansays, DC is superior in almost every way...and is also older.

DC is not superior...I like Marvel better...I find DC fans(and Marvel to) overrate it...DC has great villain development while Marvel has great hero development... 
The strengths and weaknesses of each can not be undone cause they are built into the formula.DC's strength is nigh omnipotent superheroes...Marvel's way weaker superheroes...when one has great storytelling the other doesn't... 
I respect and love both...but Marvel takes the win for me cause they have Spider-Man, Hulk(yes I said it), Black Panther, and the Avengers... 
DC is lightyears behind Marvel in the cinematic universe which is sad but cannot be undone...Marvel's formula worked cause they put all their love of the characters into it...DC if they followed the same formula would be looking for quick cash...and it would be crap. 
MARVEL  is my favorite...just is 
Well this whole "Marvel or DC" thing is one giant question of opinion, when I said DC is superior in almost every way, I meant it was to me, I was only speaking my own views, I was in no way trying to bash Marvel. Both are great companies, it's just I find DC to be the better one. DC has both great villain and hero development, especially with it's second generation heroes, Wally West, Donna Troy, Dick Grayson..heck all of the Teen Titans; we've literally seen them grow up and develop from sidekicks to heroes in their own right. But to me, where DC really excels over Marvel is story telling.  To me nothing Marvel has ever done will beat DC's "52" series or reach the philosophical heights "Kingdom Come" has, I could literally name dozens of DC storylines I love and only a handful of Marvel (although it doesn't help that Marvel hasn't put out a good event in nearly a decade). Again, I'm not trying to bash Marvel, but rather explain why I prefer DC, to me they have better characters, stories, and villains. 
#37 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@GothamRed said:

I gotta say I like Marvel more. I grew up with it and I'm not feeling DC from any front these days. Marvel and I have an understanding.

I agree Marvel and a few Indies.

#38 Posted by NewKid (359 posts) - - Show Bio

always dc.

#39 Posted by SpacemanSpiff (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both, but my vote is with Marvel. I've read too many Marvel Essentials volumes to vote otherwise.

#40 Edited by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both, but I prefer Marvel by a wee bit.

#41 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Marvel fan, but DC is better at the moment.

#42 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#43 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

bump!