Tell me what series to drop and feel free to recommend a series

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hawkguy

Personally, I've dropped Avengers (well I will post-Infinity) and Uncanny X-Men. That being said, it's because I've begun to dislike the Marvel universe as a whole. Avengers was dropped because there was just TOO much going on and none of it interested me, which sucked because New Avengers is brilliant. I just don't think Hickman does mainstream well. Uncanny X-Men was extremely boring and I just don't like Bendis' team writing style. Everyone feels the same and the character's voices all seem to change issue to issue.

Personally, I recommend Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Green Arrow (post Nocenti), Daredevil, Scarlet Spider, Thor: God of Thunder... Yeah it's a list but they're all fantastic books. If you're feeling adventurous, check out Swamp Thing and Animal man, they've become huge favorites of mine.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@nikh98:

Your pull list is solid. The only titles I don't read are Uncanny X-Men and Batman. I can vouch for the rest being good.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@nikh98: Great pull-list. I don't read any of your Marvel titles, but Batman and Superman Unchained are great books. I would probably recommend Aquaman and Green Arrow, though.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@nikh98 said:

I am currently looking to drop a series or two, I currently collect 6 series

Batman

Superman Unchained

Uncanny Avengers

Uncanny X-Men

Avengers

Batman and Superman

Deadpool

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@nikh98 said:

Batman

Superman Unchained

Uncanny Avengers

Uncanny X-Men

Avengers

Deadpool

Your pull list is really solid and tight. The above comments seem to basing it on company bias but I'm going to try not to. Personally I'd drop either Superman Unchained or Deadpool. For me Unchained is just okay and Deadpool is a little too slapstick at times. I wouldn't drop Avengers personally because I love Hickman and this is the book were he's really introducing some of his bigger concepts were as New Avengers is were the wheels are greased. Batman is going to be great as long as Snyder is writing it. Uncanny Avengers and X-Men seem to be two of the better X-titles based on what I've seen. So either Superman Unchained or Deadpool.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yokergeist

Drop Uncanny Avengers and Uncanny X-Men

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikh98 said:

Batman

Superman Unchained

Uncanny Avengers

Uncanny X-Men

Avengers

Deadpool

Uncanny X-Men and Deadpool.

I reccomend Thor God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Justice League and Batman/Superman

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Drop Avengers and Uncanny X-Men. Add Thor: God of Thunder and Aquaman. Maybe keep an eye on Captain America going forward. Now that the Dimension Z arc is finished, it will be interesting to see what Remender does with this.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know if I'd drop anything other than Deadpool....I just can't seem to stay interested in this run for some reason...I think a lot of it had to do with the two flashback issues where I feel like it took me out of the main story to far and I just couldn't get back in

I'd recommend TMNT from IDW...it's seriously the best books being put out right now

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

The ones you don't like.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Deadpool for flash?

Uncanny avengers for all new x men?

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Drop Uncanny Avengers and Uncanny X-Men

Agree with this

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool for flash?

Uncanny avengers for all new x men?

Flash and All New X-men

@hawkguy said:

Personally, I've dropped Avengers (well I will post-Infinity) and Uncanny X-Men. That being said, it's because I've begun to dislike the Marvel universe as a whole. Avengers was dropped because there was just TOO much going on and none of it interested me, which sucked because New Avengers is brilliant. I just don't think Hickman does mainstream well. Uncanny X-Men was extremely boring and I just don't like Bendis' team writing style. Everyone feels the same and the character's voices all seem to change issue to issue.

Personally, I recommend Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Green Arrow (post Nocenti), Daredevil, Scarlet Spider, Thor: God of Thunder... Yeah it's a list but they're all fantastic books. If you're feeling adventurous, check out Swamp Thing and Animal man, they've become huge favorites of mine.

I agree with you - never like Avengers books.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Uncanny Avengers and Uncanny X-Men.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd personally recommend The Flash for you. It's one of the most fun books that I've seen put out in a rather long while, it has a sturdy storyline, wonderful art, and some great characters.

My own pull list involves:

• The Flash
  • Aquaman
  • The Justice League
  • The Justice League of America
  • The Suicide Squad
  • Hawkeye
  • Deadpool

So I'd recommend any of those.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

All of those titles are pretty bad except Superman Unchained and Deadpool.The one that you have to drop first is Uncanny X-Men after that is Batman.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

How are we supposed to make this decision for you? You didn't tell us your feelings on any of the books so how do we know what you like?

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds a bit crazy but I would drop the lot and go for six new titles. There are many that would say this is ridiculous but I tend to disagree.

• We live in an age where we can get recent back issues quite easily, so even if you miss a couple it should be ok.
  • You will soon find out which you really like as you will miss them like hell. Cull the herd. Survival of the fittest.
  • The money can be used to have a look at a broader range.

If you are an avid collector this will not be a choice. My collection is meagre but my uncle has thousands...he is the one who got me into comics over twenty years ago. He has his main favourites and a few special runs and stories but he said one of the things he always liked was the depth of comic literature ; trying new companies, comics, writers and authors. He has even seen a fair few people begin their careers on independent titles then move into mainstream.

Comics, books, music and all other forms of art and entertainment should be enjoyed fully, go have some fun and explore. There is more than DC and Marvel out there. I see some of the people on here discuss titles I have never heard of...I am even trying to find a few. Really what you need to ascertain is what you want to get from comics ; pass the time, financial investment ; cultural development...it is a personal journey that is bigger than Superman vs Wolverine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just. Keep. Deadpool.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Well I dropped all of those (aside Deadpool that I wasn't reading) so i'm probably not the best person to ask here. My advice would be to pick up Scarlet Spider, Hawkeye, Harbinger, Quantum And Woody, Lazarus or Aphrodite IX all those titles are awesome whichever one you drop to make room is up to you as i dropped them all lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Lvenger

Drop Deadpool, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers and Uncanny X-Men. Keep the rest IMO.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolverine008

@nikh98 Drop Deadpool and Uncanny-X Men. I'd recommend Thor: God of Thunder, Scarlet Spider, TMNT, Indestructible Hulk, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Daredevil, Savage Wolverine, and New Avengers. All are incredible.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't drop Deadpool. I was thinking about doing it in order to hopefully see their sales go down like David The Hoff after a beer, but issue number 15 was really good and I think the upcoming arc will be much better than the few before. I would also not drop Uncanny Avengers, because it looks like a standalone epic adventure, which is rare nowdays due to the many events and tie ins. From your list I would personally drop Superman Unchained. I did it after issue 2, because I was simply not feeling it.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikh98:

Drop:

Uncanny Avengers

Superman Unchained

Pickup: