which comic book team is your favourite?

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By htb106

well then,

we all have a favourite comic book team (or two we like equally) so this thread will show who likes who and how much.

so post the name of your favourite team(S), a picture if you like and a reason for that choice.

I'll start: my two favourite teams are Young Justice (comics version) and The Teen Titans because I love the idea of young heroes and these two teams are just brilliant mixtures of so many good characters.

now it's your turn!

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

My favorite comic book team is the Legion of Super-Heroes. I like the legion because they are a team that actually acts like a team.

What I mean by that is that the legion doesn't have a "Wolverine" that the stories focus on. I was an X fan for a long time, long enough to know that every other X-men storyline within the last five to ten years has revolved around cyclops, wolverine, emma frost, and jean grey or Hope since jean is dead...for the moment. Anyhow, I felt like that the other mutants were mostly background characters, that were only used fill in team gaps or be killed off for shock value. (Nightcrawler) With the legion it's not like that, everyone plays a part, no one legionairre is greater than the others, even the person leading the team. I also like the optimistic vibe on the book, I got really tired of all the x-men being so angsty and moody, when you're not a teenager anymore, you don't see the point.

Plus I like how Paul Levitz, the current writer of the book, focuses on world building, the world of the 31st century is very vast, reading it, I get the sense that everything has a purpose, everything is leading somewhere big. Though his writing style is a little dry, I like it, even though I know its not most people's cup of tea. It holds up a lot better than Chris Claremonts.

I know they have odd costumes, golden age names that don't make them sound as powerful as they really are, but once I looked past the surface and dug into their history, they really do stand out as a great team, they're more going on with them than just being "Superman's friends from the future." (Confusing reboots aside)

I know the legion doesn't get a lot of love, and I understand that, but I'll always say, "Long Live the Legion."

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By htb106
No Caption Provided

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ssejllenrad

Justice League (pre-Flashpoint Morrison's first take and new 52) and X-Men (90's)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson
G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.