Which characters will still be here in 2063?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Which of today's popular characters do you reckon will endure another 50 years and which ones will fall by the wayside. I think Spiderman, Superman etc will probably be ok...not sure about some of the more faddish ones like Deadpool who are currently "in vogue".

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I would say the ones that have lasted up to this point will still be around until then.

UltimateSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

X-men definitely, though they'll go under a different name, like "X-vengers" or "X-lliance". Captain America is classic character for Marvel, but putting aside threats to America's government by that year, he would go by "General America" or "Colonel America". Iron Man may go by "Steel Man". Thor is Thor... Batman is okay, most likely to have retcon, because DC never wants to approach the Batman Beyond time period. Justice League? Maybe it would be combined with Legion of Super-Heroes to become the Justice Legion. Teen Titans will go through many, upon many recons just like Justice League. Cyborg might go under the name, "Android". By then, the Robin character may change its name to "Sparrow". Green Arrow will become just "Arrow". Spider-Man will become "Supreme Spider-Man", but remember Spider-Man 2099 is only 27 years later, so at some point somebody else takes over between the two. Wolverine will always be Wolverine. Aquaman would become Aqua Emperor, to represent his leadership of all 7 seas. People like Zatanna, Constantine, Deadman, the Question are destined to disappear from memory. Fantastic Four would be dead? Maybe The Thing will be alive. The Joker is gong to be the Joker. Supergirl may go on to become Superwoman. Dick Grayson is destined to be Batman, after Bruce retires (never), and then comes Terry. Red Robin would become Blue Sparrow. Barbara Gordon is the commissioner. Stephanie Brown is Flamebird, after taking over as Batgirl. Cyclops becomes CyKnight. Nightcrawler becomes Shifter. Barry Allen is Impulse. Wally West is The Flash. Wally West's daughter become Kid Flash, while his son is Dynamo. Bart is Atto (attosecond--fastest in the world; get it?) But safe to say, comic classics, such as the original Avengers/X-Men, and the original Justice League/Justice Society will live on. As some point these characters have to upgrade, have to grow old, have to let the next generation come.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll tell you after 50 years

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathandGrim

New 52 will probably continue. I honestly wanna see what they can do with this reboot, I'm happy so far.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Probably Superman, Batman, Spider-Man

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By PapiNacho

Probably the Flash and Green Lantern too, albeit as legacy characters.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HumanRocket

All of the flagship characters for both DC and Marvel will be here.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#11  Edited By Extremis

I would say the ones that have lasted up to this point will still be around until then.

This.

None of these characters ever really die so expect to see this same (relatively) unchanged group in 50 years.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImagineMan16

New 52 will probably continue. I honestly wanna see what they can do with this reboot, I'm happy so far.

Pfft, DC will probably have done another reboot or two by then...

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

In fifty years I hope the comic books due some strange technology will be able to animate themselves, so you can watch a short film of the story. Yes, but I'm sure we get a hold of the characters then they still be here.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SheenLantern

I don't know, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Emp3rorD4v1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's outfit will be changed to white and black. Sort of like the justice lord superman. That's I can promise

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me a moment to look into the future...

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Batman will be around FOREVER!

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genesisx: I agree with you. once comic companies hit 100 years, things will change. hero roles will change, and I think the comic characters now will become like head figures in a council of some sort. comics will probably be more darker. Captain America could become a propaganda item about war(not sure, depending on America's future handlings of war) and Batman will probably die at like age 96 while still wearing the cowl, knowing his characteristics . with DC a Kingdom Come event could happen. then after, a retcon of some sorts, and with Marvel, a Earth X type thing could happen.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Only Squirrel Girl will survive the Great Comic Book Character Massacre of 2056.

UltimateSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UltimateSaiyan

@comedy_brosusa: And who knows, maybe someday we will have another Amalgam series between Marvel and DC. It would be a huge hit for both companies and draw tons more of people in. Batman never gives up that damn cowl, lol. He has to "die" for anyone to get it. Superman's had so many future stories, it's impossible to tell how he'll look. Will he have long bear and white hair and be aggressive to everybody, or be like his Batman Beyond counterpart and be a pansy? I can't wait to see what happens :D

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus will be dead. Thanos will be eliminated by OAA.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus will be dead. Thanos will be eliminated by OAA.

Nah Galactus is too iconic.

Thanos probably.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a facetious guess. For all we know, comic books may not exist in 50 years.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By PowerHerc

Hercules will endure as he has for over 3,500 years.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyz256: yeah. and for a comics crossover, it would be cool to see every comic character battle for a universe. I'm guessing it could boost sales and stuff, but honestly I think comics will be converted to digital, unfortunately, probably by nature companies saying how paper is dangerous and should be banned, leaving comic characters on hiatus, or on a very independently run operation. if paper DOES survive till then, I think we would get new heroes with original ones being written by people used to new 52 heroes. i'm guessing Superman would become god-like and oversee the DCverse, and Batman an old man, and the rest of the heroes we love either dead or old or written out of existence. as for marvel, I think they will survive as movies and movie comic adaptions. maybe

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JohnnyZ256

I'd love to see Thanos turned into cow patties by the TOAA.

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bunt947

@hbktimhbk said:

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#32  Edited By Queso6p4

@bezza said:

Which of today's popular characters do you reckon will endure another 50 years and which ones will fall by the wayside. I think Spiderman, Superman etc will probably be ok...not sure about some of the more faddish ones like Deadpool who are currently "in vogue".

Good question and I definitely agree with you, but I think it'll be for the worse as these characters' continuity and canon actually work against them to a considerable degree with fans, but they're owned by big companies who need to turn a profit so....

It would be neat to see characters who've had less exposure get some time in the limelight but ideally, we'd get an ebb and flow of characters (preferably from limited series or the occasional ongoing) who gain some staying power. I guess I'm saying that I'd like to see some new blood become well-known and not just amongst comic readers.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's going to be almost the same thing. If anything they'll do reboots just to upgrade the characters to the time but it'll be generally the same thing.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully none. DC and Marvel really need to start doing something else, decades and decades of milking the same characters is beyond a joke.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@mitran said:

Probably Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and likely Wonder Woman and Wolverine, but we can't really know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Peter's back by the 100th anniversary issue of Spider-Man. :P

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deaditegonzo

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Spider-man, Wolverine, Hulk

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By darkbeam

I'm not even sure the human race will still be here by 2063.