• 155 results
Edited 11 months, 22 days ago

Poll: Which character in the Justice League TV series did you like better? Wonder Woman or Hawkgirl? (159 votes)

Wonder Woman 49%
Shayera Hol (Hawkgirl) 50%
#1 Posted by ZhuRong (3124 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wonder Woman

But Hawkgirl's brave and bad-ass attitude takes it for me

#2 Posted by Pokeysteve (8231 posts) - - Show Bio

I found Hawkgirl extremely annoying in the first two seasons. She literally did nothing but go "RRRRAAHHHH!" and hit things. It wasn't until the end of season 2 (Wild Cards) where they started giving her some depth.

Obviously I pick Wonder Woman haha.

#3 Posted by ZhuRong (3124 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: Idk I think WW tried too hard to look like a powerful character then ended up getting owned by the likes of Aquaman

Shayera was a tough cookie that always willing to put up a fight

#4 Edited by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl. Wonder Woman was cool but I really loved Hawkgirl's attitude and the development she went through later in the series.

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

ww. shayera was a big mouthed jobber.

#6 Posted by Pokeysteve (8231 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong said:

@pokeysteve: Idk I think WW tried too hard to look like a powerful character then ended up getting owned by the likes of Aquaman

Shayera was a tough cookie that always willing to put up a fight

Isn't that a writers problem and not a character problem? She was beating the crap out of Superman man before he realized what was going on.

#7 Edited by Wolverine08 (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman. She looked hotter.

#8 Posted by ganon15 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

I found Hawkgirl extremely annoying in the first two seasons. She literally did nothing but go "RRRRAAHHHH!" and hit things. It wasn't until the end of season 2 (Wild Cards) where they started giving her some depth.

She still got way more depth than Wonder Woman on the long run.

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (8231 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@pokeysteve said:

I don't think so lol.

#10 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@pokeysteve said:

what depth?,most of the character were like wood when it comes to character development,it's a cartoon you can't expect much from it,hawkgirl was the stuck up bitch the whole series,again,you can't expect much from a cartoon,it's not meant to be deep.

#11 Posted by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl was like a Klingon in a cartoon. I loved that. And while I would pick Wonder Woman over Hawkgirl in any other competition, I have to go with Hawkgirl on this one.

She was fierce, she was strong, and while she initially betrayed the Justice League, she came around and realised what she had to do, no matter the consequences. She made a sacrifice and lost not only the Thanagarians and the Justice League, but also John. That's way more character development in a 3-episode storyline than many other characters got during the whole series.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl, WW was too freakin' uppity. Even for a princess.

#13 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#14 Posted by JetiiMitra (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, but barely. I've never liked hot-tempered characters. But still, I remember the episode right after the JL beats the Thanagarian invasion, and she was trying to apologize. That whole storyline humanized her for me, and now I'm regretting voting Wonder Woman because Hawkgirl for me. Plus there was the episode right after where she left John, and that was honestly one of the only things in fiction to make me sad as a kid. I really felt for her. I change my vote to Hawkgirl.

Plus she was really, really good-looking with the mask off. I did not expect that. But that's neither here nor there.

#15 Edited by JetiiMitra (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@pokeysteve said:

what depth?,most of the character were like wood when it comes to character development,it's a cartoon you can't expect much from it,hawkgirl was the stuck up bitch the whole series,again,you can't expect much from a cartoon,it's not meant to be deep.

After the Thanagarian invasion in my opinion. Having to leave John, dealing with the repercussions of all her actions through the storyline. It gave her a lot of character, whereas I can't remember any such event for Diana.

#16 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

WW didn't really feel all that emotional, which made her less relatable.

#17 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5713 posts) - - Show Bio

2 things.

1) why is each category at 47%?

2)I didn't like WW in the show, Hawkgirl by default.

#18 Posted by ganon15 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@ganon15 said:

@pokeysteve said:

After the Thanagarian invasion in my opinion. Having to leave John, dealing with the repercussions of all her actions through the storyline. It gave her a lot of character, whereas I can't remember any such event for Diana.

This.

#19 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

#21 Posted by Pokeysteve (8231 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@ganon15 said:

@pokeysteve said:

1. Leaving her Island without her Queen's permission and stealing weapons on top of it.
  2. Revisiting the island and confronting her mother.
  3. The episode where Superman dies (turned out to be time travel). She actually almost kills Toyman. Flash stops her.
  4. The three part season 1 finale with WW2 and Steve Trevor.

This is just what I can remember off the top of my head and that is just the first two seasons. All of Hawkgirl's development came from one single event. Wonder Woman has a few with leaving the island and the circumstances surrounding that being the biggest one.

#22 Posted by JetiiMitra (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@ganon15 said:

@pokeysteve said:

1. Leaving her Island without her Queen's permission and stealing weapons on top of it.
  3. The episode where Superman dies (turned out to be time travel). She actually almost kills Toyman. Flash stops her.

This is just what I can remember off the top of my head and that is just the first two seasons. All of Hawkgirl's development came from one single event. Wonder Woman has a few with leaving the island and the circumstances surrounding that being the biggest one.

Those events weren't nearly as memorable though. Hawkgirl's actions had much greater effects both on her relationships and the JL/world as a whole, as well as giving her a pretty new aspect of character. Those events for Diana, while they may have been drastic for her, didn't do much to affect her overall characterization or do much for the greater JL-verse.

#23 Edited by HumanRocket (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked neither I always liked Black Canery in the series overall both of the above mention heroes.

#24 Edited by JediXMan (30183 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl.

Wonder Woman was interesting, but she was bland too often. Hawkgirl went through a lot of character development throughout the coarse of the series.

Moderator Online
#25 Edited by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Wonder Woman better.

#26 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes... lets give WW the spotlight again... I mean what better way to show the world that there are Super Heroines in comics than by giving the only same dam female super hero everyone knows.

Why give Hawkgirl a chance? Why show the world that Wonder Woman isn't the only Super Heroine?

( + )

#27 Posted by High_Father_BatGod (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't choose I liked both of em equally, hawkgirl was amazing and made a big name for herself outside of comics and Wonder Woman already had a name for herself and did not let down

#28 Posted by Pokeysteve (8231 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@pokeysteve said:

Those events weren't nearly as memorable though. Hawkgirl's actions had much greater effects both on her relationships and the JL/world as a whole, as well as giving her a pretty new aspect of character. Those events for Diana, while they may have been drastic for her, didn't do much to affect her overall characterization or do much for the greater JL-verse.

They weren't as memorable because there was no betrayal. Hawkgirl turning traitor on the League isn't memorable because of Hawkgirl. It's the act itself. To make Hawkgirl even relevant they had to do that.

#29 Posted by sinestro_GL (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl probably had better character development than WW...but she was SOOO annoying during the first two seasons.

...and when HG rejoined the JLU, both characters were poor

#30 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#31 Posted by Deadgod (1300 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderwoman

#32 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16580 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by RIKR2 (10736 posts) - - Show Bio

this

#34 Posted by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

Hawkgirl was like a Klingon in a cartoon. I loved that. And while I would pick Wonder Woman over Hawkgirl in any other competition, I have to go with Hawkgirl on this one.

She was fierce, she was strong, and while she initially betrayed the Justice League, she came around and realised what she had to do, no matter the consequences. She made a sacrifice and lost not only the Thanagarians and the Justice League, but also John. That's way more character development in a 3-episode storyline than many other characters got during the whole series.

I couldn't of said it better myself. That is exactly how i feel. I'd add that because of that 3-episode storyline, i was hooked on this cartoon. I hadn't been hooked on a comic book cartoon like that, since the 90s Spiderman and X-Men series.

#35 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by ganon15 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

I picked neither I always liked Black Canery in the series overall both of the above mention heroes.

So...why do you reply to this?? lol

@pokeysteve said:

@ganon15 said:

@pokeysteve said:

I don't think so lol.

And what depth did Wonder Woman have?? Besides chasing Batman or punching the crap out of anyone she didn't like-

#37 Posted by Pokeysteve (8231 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: I listed some from the just the first two seasons up above. I'm sorry, I though you were included in that bid @ reply mess haha. And punching the crap out of anyone she didn't like was Hawkgirl's MO.

#38 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

Hawkgirl was too crass.

#39 Edited by ganon15 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

@ganon15: I listed some from the just the first two seasons up above. I'm sorry, I though you were included in that bid @ reply mess haha. And punching the crap out of anyone she didn't like was Hawkgirl's MO.

At first yes, but then Wild Cards happened..

#40 Posted by HumanRocket (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: becuz I wanted to give my (:

#41 Posted by Havenless (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

F&$# Hawkgirl. All the female characters in the DC universe and they pick her. At least her wings weren't strap on this time. But my god, that is a lame helmet.

#42 Edited by ganon15 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

Wonder Woman.

Hawkgirl was too crass.

And Wonder Woman had no ass lol

#43 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1617 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl. I remember watching with my siblings and when she finally took off her mask/helmet, all our jaws dropped at how hot she was.

#44 Posted by Pokeysteve (8231 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@pokeysteve said:

At first yes, but then Wild Cards happened..

Yup. I hated her for the first two seasons. Once they started calling it JLU, it felt like she was really part of the team even though everyone was pissed at her. The writers probably felt the same way. I think Wonder Woman was one of the past to forgive her. The episode with Faust and Hades.

#45 Edited by ganon15 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

Hawkgirl. I remember watching with my siblings and when she finally took off her mask/helmet, all our jaws dropped at how hot she was.

Yeah, I had the same reaction. She reminded me of Rose from the movie "Titanic"

#46 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1617 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: I see the resemblance. Green eyes goes so well with red hair. Speaking of eyes, she's got some pretty eyes too

Definitely my favorite JLU female :)

#47 Posted by Spideysense44 (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl definately

#48 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl

#49 Edited by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, her chemistry with Bats was stunning.

#50 Edited by Wolverine08 (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4:

Damn, she was hot. Made all that time with her mask on worth it.