Which Character do you think is too much of a Jerk?

• 73 results
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By stormshadow_x
No Caption Provided

You can choose any characters its your opinion. I would Like A picture and at least 2 sentences to explain why this character earns your spot for being a total Jerk.

My pick is early New 52 Superman. He was brash and was a hothead. Unlike Pre 52 superman he accepted he was a god to earthling. As the few years went by he is slowly becoming more like his pre New 52 self. However he still thinks he can do everything all by himself. In his first meeting with Hal Jordan and Bruce ( Who in other incarnations are his best friends) he took barley anytime to think and just assumed they were the bad guys. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm hating on New 52 Superman because I am actually one of the few who thinks that this new universe is good even with the multiple plot holes. I honestly like New 52 Superman too. I just feel even if he is a reboot he still feels like a Ultraman who fights for good. Even so through the time he has been with us he has grown and I feel his early of debut him being a hotheaded jerk is good because it will eventually lead up to him being maybe the boy scout we all know and love who isn't afraid to hang out with his best friend that just so happens to dress like a bat.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Namor
Namor

and I love him for it

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Wesley, from Wanted. He's an unbearable, horribly violent and infantile little creep who has this unjustified sense of entitlement and a really, really strange view of life and the world. He's also the main character of the series he's in.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By G_leno
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These two are the biggest douche bags in comics I rekon. However, I love Damien and hate cyclops, so there is obviously a different kind of jerkiness going on here.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Its pretty self explanatory, but basically he is arrogant, a know-it-all, unappreciative, and self-righteous. He is also a totalitarian, which I find hugely appalling.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine008

The only character I find to be an utter jerk is Ultimate Captain America. Can't think of anyone else.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By judasnixon

Namor
Namor

and I love him for it

That dude will sleep with your girlfriend, and destroy country at the same time.......... Namor you're a dick!

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My list. Wolverine, Hawkman, New52 Superman(he finally starting to mellow down.) Batman.(at times.) Red Hulk, Cycolps, Cycolps, Cycolps.......... Seriously, the guy is a total tool...

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VoodooPenguin

Grodd.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

The Sub-Mariner and Guy Gardner.

Neither has to be as much of a jerk as they're portrayed.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wolverine

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Guy Gardner

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@wolverine08 said:

The only character I find to be an utter jerk is Ultimate Captain America. Can't think of anyone else.

Ultimate Cap was only a jerk when Mark Millar wrote him

My answer is

No Caption Provided

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: at least that's what you assume

Lets start

1.what do you mean by arrogant?

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Cyclops....also Sentry, but I don't hate him, he'd just be better if he quit being all cocky and then crying all the time (I know he's off being dead/notdead but we all know he'll come back the way he was). I do like Sentry as a character though a lot. I think New 52 Supes was definitely a jerk too, which sucked because I love pre 52 Superman so so so much. But Cyclops I can't stand.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Please, Ultimate Cap is not a total jerk.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@wolverine08 said:

Please, Ultimate Cap is not a total jerk.

He is the first thing that pops into my mind when I think of a jerk :D. But you are right, he isn't a complete jerk. Has a redeeming moment here and there.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam is a complete tosser

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor easily tops the list for me. Guess maybe then Batman and Wolverine. They aren't the nicest to their allies. My way or the highway kind of attitude is bs. They deal with adults and don't really seem to have any tolerance for a difference of opinion. I'm sure there are many more out there, but with great exposure comes great...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3 said:

Namor easily tops the list for me. Guess maybe then Batman and Wolverine. They aren't the nicest to their allies. My way or the highway kind of attitude is bs. They deal with adults and don't really seem to have any tolerance for a difference of opinion. I'm sure there are many more out there, but with great exposure comes great...

Haters :D

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deaditegonzo

@lifeofvibe: Im not even getting into this debate with a fanboy, which is by definition someone who cannot accept a characters flaws.

Arrogant = having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Adding Wolverine, as mentioned above. What a jerk.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Im not even getting into this debate with a fanboy, which is by definition someone who cannot accept a characters flaws.

Arrogant = having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Adding Wolverine, as mentioned above. What a jerk.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, what a douche right >.>

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: To be fair, he was just asking why you thought that way. It doesn't mean he thought Batman didn't have any characters flaws. It seems a bit harsh to call him a fanboy, right off the bat....

Yeah Cyclops....also Sentry, but I don't hate him, he'd just be better if he quit being all cocky and then crying all the time (I know he's off being dead/notdead but we all know he'll come back the way he was). I do like Sentry as a character though a lot. I think New 52 Supes was definitely a jerk too, which sucked because I love pre 52 Superman so so so much. But Cyclops I can't stand.

This so much! I use to respect Superman sooooo much. New52 really hurt his character. It's was like they were trying so hard to make the character, "Cool." When he really didn't need "fixing" in the first place.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deaditegonzo

@thatguywithheadphones: One scan of him protecting a baby disproves that? Really? I never said he wasnt a "hero" I said he's a jerk. And he absolutely is. In fact, all of All New X-Men is essentially just him being a jerk.

@johnni_kun: That is an interesting way to portray what he said:

at least that's what you assume

Lets start

1.what do you mean by arrogant?

Just to give an example, did you notice how I, even as a known Superman fan, didnt start challenging peoples opinions that New 52 Superman is a jerk? Its because even as a fan I can accept that he comes off that way to some people. He immediately got defensive at the very suggestion, which would make him a fanboy.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lifeofvibe

@deaditegonzo: so your calling me fanboy because I got defensive? Good for you. I got defencive because some of the stuff you said isnt necessarily true like for instance unappreciative only somebody who doesn't know batman would say something like that's why said assume. Now can you give me an actuall axsample of arrogants?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: So you admit you got defensive? Good, that is progress.

Batman never thanks anyone. He actually generally gets pissed off when Superman or another character saves his A**. This even pretty much happens in Superman/Batman from November, and pours over into Decembers issue. Batman is definitely unappreciative.

As for Batman's arrogance, he believes he can beat anyone, including the Justice League. His plans prove that. The nicest thing about Johns writing Justice League, is at least that New 52 Batman admits he cannot do anything about Wonder Woman, but then fanboys cried about that. He frequently behaves as if he is a more valuable member of the Justice League than other members, since he is shown with Superman more than the others, this is the character he does it with most. He believes he is the only person who is trustworthy with any authority. He is so arrogant, that he willingly risked the lives of ALL OF HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY during the Death of the Family arc, because not only did directly reveal his identity to the Joker, but then he withheld that information even though there was evidence that the Joker knew Nightwing and the rest's secret identities.

Anyway, nobody else here has demanded proof, everyone else has accepted how a character can be seen that way, but not the Batfanboys. No, he cannot be criticized, and he's perfect in every way. Honestly, I dont know why I bother to respond to you, because it is surely going to be a waste of breathe.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Batman and Ollie Queen are the first to pop in my head.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lifeofvibe

@deaditegonzo: batman doesn't believe he can beat anyone us fans do your confusing them and give me an instance in which he behaved more valueble then the rest of the team and he doesn't believe he's the only person most trustworthy proof:superman nightwing and how exactly did he risk the lives of his family in the death of the family ark? Oh wait he does that all the time so that arguement is invalid

Comics are a waist of breath time and money but its fun so just go along with it bro

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Hmmmmm, John Constantine, but he know's he's a dick and that makes it funny

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Bruce took the Jokers card to his cell, as Bruce Wayne, in the Death of the Family. Joker looked right at him. And Bruce never bothered to tell Dick, Jason, Babs, or Damian, or even Alfred, because of the Joker's expression. He didnt even tell them when Joker seemed to know their identity's (attacking the circus, kidnapping Bab's mom, etc), because he was so confident.

He doesnt trust Superman with his power at all. Or did you miss the part where he had briefcases with plans that could supposedly take down the JLA?

How about freaking Brother Eye? Thats definitely an example of all of my criticisms.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Logan is somewhat jerkish at times due to his past life, but he usually tries to be a kind person. Just look at how he's mentored kids like Jubilee and Kitty Pryde if you want to know what I mean.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I have to deal with his jerkishness a lot more, because I am one of Cyclop's 10 fans, lol.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: If Cyclops could stop yelling about "JEAAAAAAANNN" maybe Logan wouldn't beef with him so much. Lol.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deaditegonzo

@wolverine08: Even adult Cyclops creeping on sixteen year old Jean. Lower my head in shame. Haha.

I do like how he became a total hard a** to some extent lately.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lifeofvibe

@deaditegonzo:

So what your saying is mistrust to any superhuman is a bad thing?

And as for the other arguement invalid

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

squirrel girl

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deaditegonzo

@lifeofvibe: It takes an awful lot of arrogance to assume that nobody knows better than you, and that you are so just and righteous, that it is your right to decide when somebody has crossed the line and you get to take them down. ["You" in this case referring to Batman if thats not clear]

Mistrusting superhumans in general would be a bad thing (just like mistrusting any race or gender in general would be a bad thing), especially when some of those super humans are twice the hero you are.

My other argument is invalid? Yeah, I think my point is confirmed and we're done here.

Batman is the biggest jerk in comics /thread

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Ultimate Cap was only a jerk when Mark Millar wrote him

My answer is

No Caption Provided

I still don't know what the Hell that is.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dayvid3

Oh I forgot black panther. Generally seems like a pompous ass

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Hal Jordan and all incarnations of Guy Gardner

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rubear

Who is Ultimate Jerk? Batman. Arrogant, self-righteous, self-named protector of Gotham who did nothing to actualy improve live here. He just fight crime and toss some villians in Arckam which is more like a hotel than asilum for them. He scare people and judge others when they act same way. Remember when he created contingency plans and did nothing to secure them, because he thinked that he is only one who can knew about their existance? Brother Eye? What right to judge others have the man who let Joker live after all he did ?

I think thats not the Hell, but some Ultimate Namor after much drinking.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: I think it is Maleev loosing a bet.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre 52 Batman , Ultimate Cap America , Namor

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey:

So glad someone mentioned Homelander. Sure, he's a psycho and what he did to that poor family after they won a car is peanuts compared to what he's also done but underneath it all, he is a jerk. Just...smackable.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: yeh but in The Boys universe not just Homelander but nearly all the superheroes all jerks

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KingAres109

Well I could name a lot..But I'll go with a comic and movie.Johnny Quick/Wonder Woman..Quick is a di*k(Even tho I like it for some reason..Lol)And WW just too arrogant and stuck up.And the movie guy is Damon Killian from The Running Man....He is the biggest di*k/jerk there is...