• 59 results
#1 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

They've always seemed like equals to me, they're both prowling night vigilantes abd both are equally skilled martial artists and both have some of the most interesting stories ever.and both have awesome costumes.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd just about go for Daredevil.

#4 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2701 posts) - - Show Bio

Sophie's choice lol...I'm taking daredevil because I enjoy marvel more but batman is dc's best IMHO.

#5 Posted by goblin123 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is smarter... and his use of psychological warfare and gadgets is more interesting.

#6 Posted by cooljammy18 (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Like both a lot, but I prefer Daredevil.

#7 Posted by HushoftheWind (635 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is a little bit more light hearted like Nightwing. I love Batman but i also like DD so its all on preference. I've have to Batman though even though DD sporting better story writing now.

#8 Posted by dondave (26950 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#9 Posted by JonSmith (3834 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Daredevil, and has, in my opinion, a more interesting history. Going with Daredevil. Also, I find it immensely amusing that literally EVERYONE knows Matt Murdock is Daredevil, and he gets a ton of benefits from it, but he still maintains the appearance of NOT being Daredevil. Generally through the use of clever disguises and precise timing, using the utmost subtlety to cast doubt. Like this:

#10 Posted by theONEtaichou (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman... besides the PIS instances, I prefer Batman. Truthfully I prefer Bruce because his type of super-heroism is actually more attainable, the curtain between fantasy and reality is far thinner with respect to the Batman mythology, thus giving me the sense that in all fact I could, I can be a batman. Add in the morality of the character and the combination seems more potent to boot

#11 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

This is definitely not a battle.
#12 Posted by longbowhunter (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a Batman fan since the mid 80's so I pick him. But over the last 6 years or so I've become a huge Daredevil fan. Both characters are in my top 5 favorite superheros.

#13 Posted by GhostRider2 (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle.

#15 Posted by Xwraith (10937 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know nearly enough about Daredevil (all I do know is that he's a blind, Catholic lawyer), so I'll have to pick Batman.

#16 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Batman

#17 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

I really like Daredevil, and has, in my opinion, a more interesting history. Going with Daredevil. Also, I find it immensely amusing that literally EVERYONE knows Matt Murdock is Daredevil, and he gets a ton of benefits from it, but he still maintains the appearance of NOT being Daredevil. Generally through the use of clever disguises and precise timing, using the utmost subtlety to cast doubt. Like this:

this seems interesting,though i have never tried DD

#18 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has grown on me over the years, mostly from his tie ins with The Punisher.

But it's the God damn Batman so...

Batman

#19 Posted by TheCannon (16085 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the writer for both. Both can be written brilliantly (Batman: Hush for Batman or anything by Frank Miller for Daredevil are good examples), and both can be written horrible (can't think of any examples off the top of my head).

I'll say Daredevil, simply because I hate how people overate EVERYTHING Batman related (except for something that deserves the acclaim, then there's people out there who trash it)

#20 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@dondave said:

Batman

#21 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Daredevil, but I have to go with Batman on this one.

#22 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman will always win debates like this due to his popularity. I love Batman and Daredevil. But without a doubt since Daredevils Marvel Knights run beginning with Kevin Smith, Bendis, Brubaker and now Mark Waids run it's hard to argue that Batman has had better stories than Daredevil.

#23 Posted by time (4576 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is cool and everything but Batman is better.

#24 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#25 Posted by BlackWind (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Depends on the writer for both. Both can be written brilliantly (Batman: Hush for Batman or anything by Frank Miller for Daredevil are good examples), and both can be written horrible (can't think of any examples off the top of my head).

I'll say Daredevil, simply because I hate how people overate EVERYTHING Batman related (except for something that deserves the acclaim, then there's people out there who trash it)

Basically this.

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (9120 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil of course for me

#27 Posted by Immortal777 (5923 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#28 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. :)

#29 Posted by TimeLordScience (506 posts) - - Show Bio

Can a long time Daredevil fan explain to me the significance of his Catholicism? I started reading under Waid, who hasn't remarked upon it.

#30 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

daredevil

#31 Posted by Ren_ (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

@TimeLordScience said:

Can a long time Daredevil fan explain to me the significance of his Catholicism? I started reading under Waid, who hasn't remarked upon it.

or would be the guys to ask.

#32 Posted by Ferro Vida (34227 posts) - - Show Bio

@TimeLordScience said:

Matt's father raised him Catholic, and his mother is a nun. Many of his biggest stories examine the strain his double life puts on his faith, or on faith in general. It's also humorous because he chooses to dress as the devil despite being a man of God. More recent comics tend to emphasize it less than Frank Miller or Kevin Smith did.

#33 Edited by TimeLordScience (506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ren_: thanks (:

@Ferro Vida: All right thanks for the help. Is his religion part of "Born Again" or is that a coincidental title?

#34 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, Hornhead. Batman on this one! but not by much.

#35 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: His uprising is way better. I agree. Reading Daredevil:Father is amazing.

#36 Posted by Bruxae (9435 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman by far, only the anti-mainstream guys will say otherwise.

#37 Posted by tupiaz (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind said:

Daredevil is a little bit more light hearted like Nightwing. I love Batman but i also like DD so its all on preference. I've have to Batman though even though DD sporting better story writing now.

It depends on the story, time line. For the moment yeah, but Dare3devil have had many periods that has been as dark as batman's life.

#38 Posted by Cap10nate (1885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruxae said:

Batman by far, only the anti-mainstream guys will say otherwise.

As someone who just about exclusively reads mainstream comics . . . I still prefer Daredevil. I love the runs that Miller, Bendis, and Brubaker did on the character as well as the current run by Waid. I also like Matt Murdock better than Bruce Wayne.

#39 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Better villains, better environment, more developed mythos.

#40 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#41 Posted by comicace3 (1933 posts) - - Show Bio

... Batman

#42 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4671 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#43 Edited by hart7668 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I'm a bit jaded with Batman from all the "Batman always wins" comments I see around the Internet. His animated series helped cement DC's current success (which I enjoyed immensely as a kid), but I'm going to have to go with Daredevil. I've read quite a bit of Batman and struggle to make myself enjoy it. I've read one Daredevil comic and am hooked already.

#44 Posted by deaditegonzo (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, especially in a bright yellow costume.

#45 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5012 posts) - - Show Bio

BOTH

#46 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil rules the roost here. He has a more open way about him. Batman's all closed up and untouchable, the 'perfect" human, with faults of course (part of what makes him "perfect"). His paranoia/preparation is a little to obsessive for me. Yes DD gets that way sometimes but he doesn't have a plan for every hero out there. He can however think quick in battle and come up with a solution to beating tougher foes on the fly. Batman can to, just not in the same fashion IMO.

DD's just funner.

Rambling over.

#47 Posted by Dreadmaster (16776 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#49 Posted by bob808 (5368 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Batman

#50 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Bruce Wayne more than Matt Murdock. But I like Daredevil more than Batman. It's weird.