• 114 results
#51 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by bob808 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808:

so now you think that you can sell the same thing to three different people and they'll just give it back to you?

#54 Edited by jimmy11 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

#55 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

@bluelantern1995 said:

I hated superheroes when I was 8 only ones I liked were the following: Batman and Hulk. I guess the one that best fit me in all those areas is Batman.

what did you like about Hulk?

I just thought he was cool and how no one could withstand his smashing. In backyard football all I knew about the game was "who do you need me to tackle". So I know, probably your typical answer. But having some super powerful guy smashing stuff is pretty cool. That's why I still like him LOL.

#56 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by DeathGhidorah (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: When you get reincarnated enough times, what you consider childhood changes a lot.

#58 Edited by bob808 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808:

so now you think that you can sell the same thing to three different people and they'll just give it back to you?

that is really easy if you know what you are doing.

#59 Edited by RustyRoy (10875 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to be many heroes when I was a Kid. I'd always imagine myself fighting crime as them back then. Anyway these were the guys I mostly wanted to be :

1. Batman.
  2. Spider-Man.
  3. Goku.
  4. Iron-Man.
  5. Cyclops.
#60 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

These were the characters I followed the most when I was little:

#62 Posted by RustyRoy (10875 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: I found his optic blast cool. Uncontrollable destructive rays coming out of your eyes seemed cool to me back then. Also he is the bad-ass leader of one of the best and most powerful super teams. Dated the hottest chicks and was the crush of many girls. Who wouldn't want that?

#63 Posted by StrangeMan (407 posts) - - Show Bio

#64 Edited by snarkybits (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Medieval Spawn

#65 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock, perhaps my favorite hero.

#66 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by daboyfromsaturn (26 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was a kid I jumped around a lot and climbed anything and everything I could get my hands on. I also really loved Batman and Robin the animated series. I liked Batman as a kid, but Robin embodied everything I was as a kid: happy, jumping around, kind of funny, and light hearted. I wanted to be Robin especifically Tim Drake's Robin, but now that I'm grown up I'd love to be Damian's Robin or Batman

#68 Edited by snarkybits (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:Specifically when I was eight? That was...1997. I got the Medieval Spawn figure for Christmas that year.

Yup, Medieval Spawn. He's a knight AND a warrior from Hell! :)

#69 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Everything about him is so cool. His power over electricity and his glider thingy was just neat, and he has some of the neatest adventures.

#70 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

#71 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@betatesthighlander1: I found his optic blast cool. Uncontrollable destructive rays coming out of your eyes seemed cool to me back then. Also he is the bad-ass leader of one of the best and most powerful super teams. Dated the hottest chicks and was the crush of many girls. Who wouldn't want that?

This. Cyce was always a bad ass back then. I remember how much I loved the 90's cartoon series version.

I also wanted to be Robin, like the adult one from Batman the animated series, because I liked his costume more than Batman's when I was a kid.

#72 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man.

#73 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was 8 I wanted to be immortal, the best around, maybe The Beyonder.

#74 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

my type of hero

One kills people for the hell of it (wesley gibson/the killer) the other is a bigoted racist @sshole (homelander)

#76 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Lara Croft.

#77 Edited by JulieDC (870 posts) - - Show Bio

poison ivy

#78 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by JulieDC (870 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: I thought her powers were awesome at the time. I thought it was cool that she could make people do what she wanted. I remember wanting to dress up as her. Eventually I lost interest, and moved on to liking heroes though she is still one of my fave female villains.

#80 Posted by Delphic (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was eight I wanted to be Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing. He didn't have powers, but I remember pretending to be his Gundam Deathscythe a lot as a kid. Since then though, I suppose my interests came back home from Japan, and I now find Superman to be much more appealing as far as abilities go. There's so much I could do with his powers and honestly I think I could do a better job than Superman is doing right now.

#81 Posted by sagejonathan (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

He is probably the closest:

Ninjak

#82 Posted by Racob7 (5363 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to be Godzilla so I could smash stuff!

#83 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

I wanted to be Godzilla so I could smash stuff!

Great idea

#85 Edited by longbowhunter (6739 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember desperately wanting to be Swamp Thing at that particular age. Once I wrapped myself in poison ivy and chased a neighborhood girl down on my bike. Ended up getting her hair tangled up in a huge branch I was carrying with me and made her cry. Thinking back on it probably not something Swamp Thing would have done.

#86 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember desperately wanting to be Swamp Thing at that particular age. Once I wrapped myself in poison ivy and chased a neighborhood girl down on my bike. Ended up getting her hair tangled up in a huge branch I was carrying with me and made her cry. Thinking back on it probably not something Swamp Thing would have done.

that's the best story I have ever heard

#87 Posted by sagejonathan (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: :o It's Ninjak from Valiant! He is the ultimate, nearly unbeatable ninja. He took down X-O Manowar and survived an all out assault from him. Trust me, this guy is epic.

#88 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- Robin.

- As an eight year old, Robin was much more relatable than some idiot in a bat costume.

#90 Edited by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was eight one of the most popular shows on tv was X-men. So my choice would have to be Gambit.

#91 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@girth: any specific version he's your favorite?

#92 Edited by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Today: Wiccan. He is exactly how I imagined myself as a hero when I was little, including his personality, goals and powers. I really whishe there were characters like Wiccan when I was a kid.

Past: Xena. She is probably my favorite female hero. first because since wonder woman there was no action girl that was able to do anything all by herself without help from friends or lovers. Xena was strong. Great in battle. Sensual. Inteligent. was not a hero born with her powers. Always wanted to be an action girl even before she was forced to fight against the invasion of her village. And also loved the redemption theme of the series.

#93 Edited by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: The leather jacket, cajun accent, and powers made him the definition of cool.

#94 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else?

#95 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Edited by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to be Flash ,Spiderman, and Gohan

#97 Posted by skyjumpermike (147 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was 8 it would probably have been He-Man. When I was a little older I wanted to be Speedball. I still wouldn't mind being Speedball.

#98 Edited by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808: John Constantine, with 8 years old? Lel

Gonna have to Roll with Superman or with Flash Gordon. Probably Superman because of the animated series, which I sat in front of gleering at the screen.

#99 Posted by RisingBean (3568 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk- The idea of cutting loose and smashing things was amazing

Spider-man- No reason needed.

This. I decided to be a scientist when I grew up so I could douse myself in radiation and be the Hulk fer reals!. When I learned that would just kill me, I decided not to be a scientist.

#100 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to be Flash ,Spiderman, and Gohan

You like jokers?

@bob808: John Constantine, with 8 years old? Lel

Gonna have to Roll with Superman or with Flash Gordon. Probably Superman because of the animated series, which I sat in front of gleering at the screen.

which animated series?

@theacidskull said:

Hulk- The idea of cutting loose and smashing things was amazing

Spider-man- No reason needed.

This. I decided to be a scientist when I grew up so I could douse myself in radiation and be the Hulk fer reals!. When I learned that would just kill me, I decided not to be a scientist.

adulthood sucks