• 68 results
#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

D Comics, great stuff.

#3 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignore option D, since I made a mistake and there's really nothing there, unless you want to count it as "all of them." Which comic books do you read the most and explain why you read them more? I personally read more independent comics because the story lines are more straight forward and I like the idea that the writers can just write their own stories.

#4 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

DC comics in all seriousness, though I love a lot of independent stuff as well.

#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

DC comics in all seriousness, though I love a lot of independent stuff as well.

Me too. I love the way that the stories just flow with the independent comics.

#6 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly Marvel, Some Dc "I've been adding more", and I get the Walking Dead in trades.

#7 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, with some DC.

#8 Edited by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer DC, but Marvel has some interesting stories and characters.

#9 Edited by The_Tree (7768 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm disappointed with the current way DC and Marvel are running things, so I'm inconsistently picking up a select few number of titles from them. My main company that I'm currently reading the most of and enjoying the most is Image, with stuff like The Walking Dead, Invincible, Chew, The Activity, Hell Yeah, America's Got Powers, and Saga.

#10 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a DC girl, but I will pick up a Marvel title if I like the writer. I'm really loving some of the comics Dynamite comics is putting out right now and I'm really looking forward to some of their upcoming books like Pathfinder, Damsels and Thund'a.

#11 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I read more DC than anything, but I also pick up a few Image titles frequently. There are only two Marvel books that I consistently buy (Scarlet Spider and Winter Soldier) but I have been considering picking Venom up

#12 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

DC comics- I find their characters a lot better and more appealing.

#13 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big Marvel guy, but as of late i've started to pick up some DC stuff. (Animal Man, in particular)

#14 Posted by Vitality (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

Image...Invincible to be exact.

#15 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, i didnt expect dc to be winning by this much. i guess most of the people on comic vine prefer dc. if you did this on ign Marvel would have blown out DC. i prefer DC

#16 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, I kinda gave up on Marvel a while ago. DC, and Image are probably my favorite publishers.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly DC. My pull list consists of 4 DC titles, 2 Marvel titles and 1 IDW title. Though I still haven't read an issue of the new TMNT series yet.

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! DC's really up on top so far!

#19 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly Marvel, with some DC. I've liked Marvel's characters a lot more since I was a kid, and I like the stories more. I've always been more interested in the Marvel Universe than the DC Universe. I do love characters in DC and enjoy the DCU too, though.

#20 Posted by Cap10nate (2481 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is pretty even with one or two more Marvel books than DC.

#21 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I'm disappointed with the current way DC and Marvel are running things, so I'm inconsistently picking up a select few number of titles from them. My main company that I'm currently reading the most of and enjoying the most is Image, with stuff like The Walking Dead, Invincible, Chew, The Activity, Hell Yeah, America's Got Powers, and Saga.

This is what I do, I feel the exact same way. If only people would stop buying all the crap they're making and bought only the good stuff maybe the situation wouldn't be so dire :(

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Marvel, but that's because of back issues.

Current stuff is mostly DC.

#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

@The_Tree said:

This is what I do, I feel the exact same way. If only people would stop buying all the crap they're making and bought only the good stuff maybe the situation wouldn't be so dire :(

I agree. Maybe the companies would realize the good stories if more good stories were being bought.

#24 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

DC and Marvel are equal in my book. I get them equally each week. But mainstream comics are losing their charm, so I may move on to indie in the very near future.

#25 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

DC and Marvel are equal in my book. I get them equally each week. But mainstream comics are losing their charm, so I may move on to indie in the very near future.

I agree that the mainstream comics are starting to lose their charm at this moment, so I read mostly indie comics to get a good handle on the characters.

#26 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a Marvel only guy, but recently tried a few DC Comics and I loved them. Currently reading more DC than Marvel, simply because I feel DC has more to offer at a better quality than Marvel. Marvel seems to have lost the plot somehow, at the moment there are only 2 or 3 titles which encourage me to get Marvel comics, the rest are average in my book.

#27 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner said:

I was a Marvel only guy, but recently tried a few DC Comics and I loved them. Currently reading more DC than Marvel, simply because I feel DC has more to offer at a better quality than Marvel. Marvel seems to have lost the plot somehow, at the moment there are only 2 or 3 titles which encourage me to get Marvel comics, the rest are average in my book.

My opinion, basically.

#28 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

DC (including Vertigo) is by far the lion's share of my collection, but I also enjoy Boom! and Image.

#29 Posted by The Stegman (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

DC for the most part.  

However I read Buffy/Angel from Dark Horse, Hack/Slash from Image, and Army Of Darkness from Dynamite 

...No Marvel in sight.

#30 Posted by BatCow (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Solely DC comics for me, especially now with the new 52

#31 Posted by Skyfire (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel mostly. Batman and Green Lantern comics make up my DC pulls.

#32 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and DC both.

#33 Posted by longbowhunter (7347 posts) - - Show Bio

My list goes DC, Image then Marvel. I've slacked off a lot of Marvel books over the years due to the price. I'm picky about what I'll throw down $4 for.

#34 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@DoomDoomDoom said:

DC (including Vertigo) is by far the lion's share of my collection, but I also enjoy Boom! and Image.

I loved the Vertigo books, especially the Sandman series which I really enjoyed!
#35 Posted by Ms. Omega (4511 posts) - - Show Bio

I like more independant comics myself Invincible, Brilliant, Haunt, Spawn, America's Got Powers, Dynamo 5, Morning Glories etc. Main reason is some of theses titles don't have a lot of backstory and history of the characters you have to catch up on and you can jump right in.

#36 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, but more and more I'm turning to Image.

#37 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly DC or IDW. I find Marvel more interesting than DC but their comics aren't really as good as DC's.

#38 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll always be a DC/Marvel fanboy, and had to honestly vote DC based on the quantity of titles I buy, read, and enjoy, but Image has really been knocking it out of the park for a long time now and the horizon seems to be just as golden. I love the creativity, variety, and quality that is constantly shining from that publisher.

#39 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:

Mostly DC or IDW. I find Marvel more interesting than DC but their comics aren't really as good as DC's.

I agree that Marvel has many interesting characters, but their comics have been slipping lately.
#40 Posted by TeraShock (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I like marvel's characters much more, I just find them more intriguing for some reason. But the writing for DC right now is destroying most of the marvel comics, I only have 3 or 4 titles from marvel I'm reading atm and a bunch more DC.

#41 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

The only Marvel stuff I read is Moon Knight and some older stuff. The rest of my money is spent on DC.

#42 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@JSH92 said:

The only Marvel stuff I read is Moon Knight and some older stuff. The rest of my money is spent on DC.

I read mostly the older stuff from Marvel also. I just can't really get into their newer comics.

#43 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

DC. I read Marvel comics almost as much.

#44 Posted by pwnda (59 posts) - - Show Bio

is no one else reading the new Valiant stuff? I really am into Harbinger and XO manowar right now, i think they are doing a great job with their reboot!

#45 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

more of a marvel fan. little bit of DC.

#46 Posted by _slim_ (13308 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly Marvel, some DC, with a little bit of the Independent stuff.

#47 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

mostly marvel, i'm not that much a DC Fan, and i also like Interdependent comics like The Walking dead

#48 Edited by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to be Marvel, then even with DC for a few years, now it's mostly independent stuff and Image.

#49 Posted by DarkShaper (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the comics that I buy consistently DC out numbers Marvel at an almost 1:4 ratio.

#50 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see DC Batman Batwing Nightwing Earth -2 Marvel Venom Scarlet spider I plan to get deadpool mini. So DC