Posted by redleader1 (463 posts) 9 months, 1 day ago

Poll: Which batman villian is best in a fight (49 votes)

Joker 2%
Bane 20%
Ivy 0%
Harly 6%
Deadshot 4%
Two face 0%
Scarface/ventriloquist 0%
Riddler 2%
Hugo strange 0%
Ras al gul 24%
Hush 2%
Red hood Jason todd 2%
Kgbeast 0%
Kite man 6%
Carmine falcone 0%
Penguin 0%
Clay face 0%
Lady shiva 24%
Mr freeze 0%
Other 6%

Which batman villian do you think is the best fighter and could take out all the others in his rouges gallery

#1 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14625 posts) - - Show Bio

In a measure of pure skill?

Lady Shiva.

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13050 posts) - - Show Bio

Kite-Man stomps.

#3 Posted by JetiiMitra (8071 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Condiment King.

#4 Edited by nobodyisemo (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm not voting if I can't vote for Crazy Quilt.

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19468 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot, Batman would be long dead if deadshot didn't hold his shots

#6 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5738 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's > Bane > Lady Shiva in terms of most dangerous to fight.

#7 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's > Bane > Lady Shiva in terms of most dangerous to fight.

#8 Posted by batmannflash (6166 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep, Ra's could by getting the entire League of Assassins.

#9 Posted by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

Specs? 1v1, with or without prep, gear or no gear, what? With prep I back Joker. Just a straight fight with gear, maybe Harley. Unarmed, I'd say Bane.

#10 Posted by redleader1 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: he is to good it would be unfair

#11 Posted by youmessinwithme (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Shiva is the most skilled, But doesn`t Harly have Super strength?

#12 Posted by JetiiMitra (8071 posts) - - Show Bio

@redleader1: Oooohh, okay. Can't argue with that logic.

#13 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have thought either Lady Shiva personally. Batman himself struggles with more than the others from what I've seen, and didn't Batman say Lady Shiva was the best fighter as well? Also, where is Deathstroke?

#14 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

Shiva or Ra's

#15 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (3947 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give it to either Deadshot or Bane :|

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (15124 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by The Stegman (22705 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Shiva

2. Ra's

3. Bane

#18 Edited by redleader1 (463 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's

Bane

Shiva

#20 Posted by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Talk to me when Bane beheads a giant shark underwater while wearing a breastplate. Because until he does, Harley has the better feats.

#21 Edited by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

In a measure of pure skill?

Lady Shiva.

OP simply says "best in a fight." I take that to mean more than pure martial arts skill (if that's what you meant).

If he's done right, its gotta be Bane for me. I'm talking about Bane from his initial Knightfall years and slightly beyond.

World-class fighting skills + venom = Not a man you want to mess with.

#22 Posted by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@monsterstomp: Talk to me when Bane beheads a giant shark underwater while wearing a breastplate. Because until he does, Harley has the better feats.

I am not sure whether you are serious or simply going for laughs here. I'm really not.

#23 Edited by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: Tell me when Bane goes toe to toe with Cass Cain and comes out unscathed. Tell me when Bane beheads a giant shark. Tell me when Bane out-flips Catwoman. Tell me how many bullets Bane has dodged. He's a little stronger when on venom and maybe slightly more skilled, but he shouldn't take a majority against Quinn with gear.

#24 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

I don't see Condiment King.

I know. Or Zebra-Man. The Human Eraser. This list lost all legitimacy because it didn't include Ten-Eyed Man.

#25 Posted by kgb725 (5443 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: Feats tend to trump on-paper stats, though. And I think it'd be a good fight but from what I have seen from Quinn my money's on her.

#29 Edited by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Yes, I understand that feats should trump on-paper stats... most of the time.

However, if you ask me, many viners tend to go a little overboard with their consideration of feats versus on-paper stats and even simple logic. Not naming you as one of those types, but just providing some food for thought.

#30 Posted by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: Even still, Harley's on-paper stats, if they were tacked onto a character that wasn't "silly", would have people shocked. The only reason she wasn't a more threatening villain is because she never cared to be -- left to her own machinations she didn't come up with big schemes; not because she couldn't but because she didn't need/want to. Physically she is among the most threatening characters among Bruce's rogues and her standard equipment is also amazing.

#31 Edited by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@omnicrono: Even still, Harley's on-paper stats, if they were tacked onto a character that wasn't "silly", would have people shocked. The only reason she wasn't a more threatening villain is because she never cared to be -- left to her own machinations she didn't come up with big schemes; not because she couldn't but because she didn't need/want to. Physically she is among the most threatening characters among Bruce's rogues and her standard equipment is also amazing.

No doubt, no doubt.

Whether Harley has reached a level where she can rival the likes of Ra's, Bane, or Shiva in both skill and combat mentality is still highly debatable in my opinion.

But, to each his/her own. I do totally agree that she is one of Batman's better (more interesting) rogues. :)

#32 Posted by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: Considering that she has already handled Bruce Wayne, Cass Cain, Catwoman, Two-Face, Joker, Killer Croc, and many others -- I feel that the only people who would still contest her legitimacy are those who became too attached to her DCAU incarnation and have refused to accept that the character's statistics, training, and intelligence have all vastly improved since then.

#33 Edited by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Haha! No worries. If you can provide for me some context/circumstances (scans even) behind some of those instances to which you are referring, I am definitely willing to change my opinion on the matter. I still very much doubt that Harley has a pattern of consistency on par with the likes of some of these other characters who are known for their skill, ruthlessness, and mentality throughout their history.

EDIT: It's not solely about feats for me, it's about history, feats, mentality, consistency, on-paper stats... all of the above.

#34 Posted by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/joygirl/blog/respect-pre-flashpoint-harley-quinn/93684/ ^_^

#35 Posted by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: The thread seemed like mainly pre-Flashpoint Harley. Am I mistaken in this? Also... and this is my opinion... but I think it would be really cool if you were to add a little more context regarding some of those clashes (i.e. the circumstances surrounding them).

That all goes to say, it was good stuff, Joygirl. However, not enough to sway my opinion here. I still think the top 3 on this thread are:

1. Bane

2. Ra's

3. Lady Shiva

For me, Harley would rank somewhere behind Jason Todd and Clayface.

#37 Posted by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono:

vs. Joker -- she was pissed and decided to go kick his ass

vs. Catwoman -- she was doing something with Hush, Catwoman got in her way

vs. Two-Face -- she was working for Harvey and betrayed him

vs. Killer Croc -- she got ambushed by Croc

vs. Batman -- generally he was going after her for some reason, or Joker

No real circumstances that swayed anything in her favor. Just plain asskicking.

Feel free to believe what you believe, I'm simply justifying my own vote.

#38 Edited by Omnicrono (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Hakuna Matata. Like I already said, to each his (or her) own.

(It was mainly pre-FP then?)

EDIT: If you can justify New 52 Harley a bit more (difficult I know), then I'd be even more open to considering her as a viable choice. From what I've gathered, though, she is no longer on the same level as she once was. Doesn't seem like she is "enhanced" anymore, which was one of her biggest selling points here, in my opinion.

#39 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: I get what you're saying but N52 feats for most characters are relatively few still I would say. Not to say no one has any good feats yet, but we're talking 2 years worth of story telling vs 25 years worth of story telling.

The other thing to consider is that N52 hasn't been considered to reboot the Batman characters or stories, so I believe it can be assumed that pre-52 events (and thus any feats) should be considered as at least potentially valid, until a particular event or story has been re-told to show otherwise.

Not disagreeing with you, just some food for thought.

#40 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@redleader1: ah yes I guess you're right. I just usually see him against Batman (never been a teen titans reader) so that's how I see him. Considering his appearance against Batman in other media as well I just assumed he was a part of his rogues gallery as well.

#41 Edited by MonsterStomp (15124 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: We talking about n52? *claps* What a defence! :P

#42 Posted by Joygirl (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: She's not enhanced anymore but she's more badass/smarter. Last I checked she solo'd the Suicide Squad and was able to orchestrate a Belle Reve breakout within a few seconds without prep.

#43 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

LADY SHIVA outclasses all of them

#44 Posted by Knightfall225 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane broke bats back so......