• 57 results
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Poll Which apocalyptic scenario is worse? (21 votes)

Cordyceps [The Last of Us] 10%
Rage Virus [28 days later] 52%
Walkers [The Walking Dead TV] 38%

Which virus is more dangerous? Which would be the worst scenario to be in? Which do you think you'd have the least chance of survival in?

or

• 
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By danhimself

@rogueshadow said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

But the Rage Virus you wouldn't even have to die to get infected.

The thing about the rage virus is if you aren't near ground zero you'll be totally fine.

Didn't the Rage Virus spread across the country in the movies?

Yea one country that was quarantined and pretty much cured (until some PIS in the 2nd film) but the Walker virus spread across the entire planet before anybody knew it existed, nobody knows how it started or how it's passed but it's most likely airborn and therefore has a much larger infection rate than a blood born disease like the rage virus.

I agree it spreads quicker but I don't think it's a worse apocalypse. Pretty mild IMO. They're all too slow to be much of a threat, and humans can still reproduce, so we wouldn't die out.

the rage virus would be quarantined and eliminated within a few years and life would just go back to normal much like the foot and mouth outbreak

That only happened because it didn't spread beyond the UK and they got international aid. When it got to Europe it probably wiped them out. They'd only last 60 days but life would not be normal.

It wouldn't get to Europe tho, a blood born virus isn't going very far.

you guys are basing this on rational thinking lol...just look at the worlds as they currently are in the media....which is worse?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

The thing about the rage virus is if you aren't near ground zero you'll be totally fine.

Yea one country that was quarantined and pretty much cured (until some PIS in the 2nd film) but the Walker virus spread across the entire planet before anybody knew it existed, nobody knows how it started or how it's passed but it's most likely airborn and therefore has a much larger infection rate than a blood born disease like the rage virus.

I agree it spreads quicker but I don't think it's a worse apocalypse. Pretty mild IMO. They're all too slow to be much of a threat, and humans can still reproduce, so we wouldn't die out.

the rage virus would be quarantined and eliminated within a few years and life would just go back to normal much like the foot and mouth outbreak

That only happened because it didn't spread beyond the UK and they got international aid. When it got to Europe it probably wiped them out. They'd only last 60 days but life would not be normal.

Have you seen 28 weeks later?

Yes I'v seen it

Andy is a carrier of the virus and spreads it to Europe, it's also seen in the comics as Selena sets out for the US. Besides the assumption was that you would extrapolate the Rage virus to a global scale like the others. I thought it was a given my bad

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Have you seen 28 weeks later?

Yes I'v seen it

Andy is a carrier of the virus and spreads it to Europe, it's also seen in the comics as Selena sets out for the US. Besides the assumption was that you would extrapolate the Rage virus to a global scale like the others. I thought it was a given my bad

Anyway you guys are really making me want to watch a good post-apoc movie now

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 rogueshadow  Moderator
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@jonny_anonymous: I've heard The Road is good.

You should read the book first. It's depressing as hell but it's awesome.

I think I will watch that again, there needs to be more zombie-less post-apocalypse films

Children of men is a good one. And Day of the Triffids, the 2009 BBC version.