#1 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

How come I don't feel any hype for The Wolverine? im stoked for this movie(even though X-men Origins:Wolverine was terrible). Anyone else excited?

#2 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I think since the last movie was so terrible people are not as excited for the second one. I'm not excited since I don't like Wolverine in general.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe said:

I think since the last movie was so terrible people are not as excited for the second one. I'm not excited since I don't like Wolverine in general.

Pretty much. The people who don't like Wolverine don't care, and the people who do like Wolverine saw Origins, and thus cannot possibly want to be excited for something that was that disappointing.

#4 Edited by danhimself (22555 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah I don't want to get to excited...Origins was horrible

#5 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

last movie hurt the character as far as movies go, im a huge fan of wolverine and not even i can defend it. after the last movie i vowed i would just play the video game . seeing how the game's story was better than the movie it was based on i will continue to do the same with this film

#6 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the last Superman sucked and look at the hype for MOS. I think it looks cool

#7 Edited by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

With X-Men Origins;Wolverine affecting the character so much and it being total sh*t it makes the fans scared for the movie.I am really excited for it but even after the marvelous trailer I still don't know what to expect.

#8 Posted by russellmania77 (15436 posts) - - Show Bio

It's with x-men origin wolverine

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (42433 posts) - - Show Bio

I am HYPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! The Wolverine for CBM of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that there isn't a lot of hype for this move because of what happened with X-Men: Origins Wolverine. I think fans are scared that if they get excited for this movie, they will be disappointed just as they were with Origins Wolverine. I would have thought that they would have broadcast this movie in June a long time ago.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Blame X-men origins. I'm hoping its good since its based on the best Wolverine story of all time but I'm still skeptical

#12 Posted by lilben42 (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

Whooooooo! Yeah! Whooooo! I'm pumped!

#13 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the X-Men films in general, besides X2, so I'm not too excited about this one.

#14 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'm sorry, but I am not too optimistic about this one. Honestly, the only live-action X-Men film that caught my attention was X-Men 2. I didn't really enjoy any of the other films, unfortunately.

#15 Posted by Cap10nate (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

In general, I think it hasn't received much hype because most people were excited to see Iron Man and MOS which pretty much kicked off the summer blockbusters so there wasn't much else getting much attention. Now, there is the Wolverine, White House Down, World War Z, Pacific Rim, and few other big budget action movies that are all competing for the same dollars and attention.

Hopefully it isn't comic book fatigue kicking in already. I'm afraid too many movies are coming out for the non comic book reading crowd and they will grow weary. I think next spring has 3 coming out in a month and a half (Cap, Spider-Man, X-Men). While I love it as a fan of the characters, it may be too much for the general public who comprise the majority of the sales volume for these films. I think the saturation point is near and hope that there is still hype and an audience is still there for phase 3 movies after the next couple years of 5+ movies a year.

#16 Posted by Arinya (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Origins really let me down. I was hoping that with such a rich character with great stories and so many talented people making film that they could make at the very least a competent origin story. But no! It was bad. It's like they didn't even try to make it good. So I am really anticipating the movie but I'm not gonna make any noise because the last one was so bad.

#17 Edited by MonsterStomp (18130 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the last Superman sucked and look at the hype for MOS. I think it looks cool

Yeah but the next Wolverine has a no name director working on it. People would be more excited if Marvel had people like Nolan or Snyder working on their films.

#18 Posted by Arinya (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@crouchingtiger said:

Yeah but the next Wolverine has a no name director working on it. People would be more excited if Marvel had people like Nolan or Snyder working on their films.

Yeah that would def help. By the way. You guys seen the latest Wolverine featurette? See when they put things out like this it gives me hope for the movie.

Wolverine Featurette

#19 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11126 posts) - - Show Bio

That origin movie sorta killed anykind of hype for Wolverine in the movie going public.

#24 Posted by Jayc1324 (12299 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really a fan of wolverine but it looked cool to me and I saw it. I was hyped just from what was showed in te previews because the action looked good

#25 Edited by TheBaneVenom (39 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (42433 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw it! The movie was awesome! Made up for the abomination of Origins, and is the best CBM of the year for me so far! Let's see if Thor: The Dark World brings the pain.

#27 Posted by Jayc1324 (12299 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebanevenom: I didn't love it but I liked it. Not enough action for me. It was very story based and plot driven which is ok, but when I think of wolverine I think of action. But the action scenes that were there were great.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like it...boring story, boring fight scenes, uninteresting romance, and unnecessary twists. The only redeeming quality was the post credits scene, which admittedly, was awesome.

#29 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

All this is is a cash grab from Fox to make sure they keep the rights, plain and simple. That's why am not excited at all for it and have no intention of seeing it.

#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (42433 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by TheBaneVenom (39 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (42433 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by TheBaneVenom (39 posts) - - Show Bio