#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, these last couple weeks, the talk of comics has been about Marvel, Marvel and more Marvel Comics. What happened to DC? It's not like they're off the map or what not. DC Comics has some of the best staff, writers and artists in current history collaborating with the best titles of DC and Comics, in general. I know Marvel just had their relaunch the other week, but has everyone forgotten about The New 52 crossovers; Rise of the Third Army, He'l on Earth and of course, Death of The Family! These first crossovers of the new DC relaunch are the most anticipated in DC Universe since the "Crisis of Infinite Earths" & "Final Crisis", but has yet received the respect they truly deserve. Here's a thread to shed some light on this discussion that I know, not only I have questioned the thought of. May your thinking shine the brightest!

#2 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel just has more draw, and I'm an avid reader of both companies. That, and they are in the midst of a major relaunch. If you recall, last year during DC's relaunch the attention was almost fully on them because of it. It's just Marvel's turn in the spotlight again is all.

#3 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Target_X: Agreed. I think I'm jus being more biased towards DC Comics, as I have been more of a fanboy of Detective Comics throughout my childhood. I just think we should hear more about the best of both worlds and not only just one.

#4 Edited by jacksonvillewriter (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I love DC as much as the next guy, but I don't think they're getting any less attention then they deserve. "Death of the Family" is all over the place, so much so that I hope they just kill the whole family and get it over with. Other then that, the New 52 isn't so NEW anymore.

Truthfully, it's kind of sad that out of all comics out there only two publishers OWN the market.

#5 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacksonvillewriter: Agreed. Again, I think I'm jus being really biased towards DC; with greater reason having Green Lantern and Aquaman being some of the superheroes I've looked up to throughout my childhood.

#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the New 52 is an abomination, and frankly, does not deserve to be publicized. Everything Marvel has been doing is terrible as well, but unlike DC, they're actually ruining characters people care about. DC are killing new versions of classic characters, after having destroyed their classic versions. So no one cares.

#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's been over a year since the New 52 was launched. It was talked about alot back then and still is from what I see. But Marvel NOW is happening now so it is bound to have more people talking about it atm.

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

Well it's been over a year since the New 52 was launched. It was talked about alot back then and still is from what I see. But Marvel NOW is happening now so it is bound to have more people talking about it atm.

I've been enjoying Marvel now more than I did the DC relaunch tbh.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@ComicMan24 said:

Actually I have heard that from a lot of people so far.

#10 Posted by Lvenger (20008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still loving DC at the moment. Action Comics, Batman and Green Lantern have been fantastic series to read and I've just started Wonder Woman and that's great too. Of course a big advantage of Marvel Now is that they still have the continuity and history behind it whereas that's been scrapped and in a mess in the New 52. Plus Marvel Now is far more recent so people are bound to be talking about it more. Still I'm only buying 2 titles from Marvel Now! compared to 6 from the New 52 which has been cut down to 4.

#11 Posted by Bruxae (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

I love DC and the New 52, you should start some discussions yourself. : )

#12 Posted by The Stegman (24459 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is in the spotlight right NOW<----pun intended, because of their relaunch, go back a year and DC was everywhere with the New 52, it's all about making a big splash to get the ripples going.

#13 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Every Wednesday DC makes sweet sweet love to my wallet...then expects a reach around on fridays.

#14 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel just does a better job of marketing. DC's got the edge as far as comics go. I'll say Marvel's using some great artists for their top books, but I can't say the Marvel Now books have been anything special. The whole Marvel Now brand is just a gimmick like most of what marvel's done the last several years

DC New 52 while you could argue was also a gimmick, but it still rebooted (or softbooted) the entire universe, merging in wildstorm vertigo and milestone characters.

#15 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget Marvel and DC where is the Valiant/Image love? They put out much better and less offending comics

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (11850 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@ComicMan24 said:

Nice avi

#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (11850 posts) - - Show Bio

It died with the New 52 for me

#18 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Forget Marvel and DC where is the Valiant/Image love? They put out much metter and less offending comics

Truth.

#19 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be back soon. According to comic chronicles..Marvel Now is dominating the comic sales (12 of the top 14) but that's NOT EVEN CLOSE to what the New 52 did it's first month out.

#20 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5426 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckuakini You are. The majority of the articles on this site are DC oriented.
#21 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the novelty has worn off and people are starting to realize just how mismanaged and poorly conceived the New 52 is. There are only a handful of "great" books to come out of the reboot, and most of them could have been launched in the pre-Flashpoint continuity.