Where will the CW's superhero shows be by 2016?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

The CW recently announced they are scrapping their Suicide-Squad TV show because of Warner Brothers. This evidently highlights the CW's consciousness about the DCCU --- do you think that Flash and Arrow will be affected by the DCCU?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@frozen: The Atom will have his own show. Vixen will join Arrow to replace Felicity as the main female led as she goes to The Atom.

Flash will continue to be amazing 2016 will see the first 4 part cross over featuring Arrow , Flash , The Atom and Supergirl. CW will pick up NBCs Constantine and create a time slot call DCW cause marketing.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they'll probably play it safe and only do a series or two that focus on characters that aren't likely to get films any time. That way they can do what they want without having to limit themselves as much.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No the DCCU shouldn't effect the DCWverse but it might reduce the number of characters they are permitted to use.

@timelord: I don't see the point in giving Atom his own show, he should pop up on Flash and Arrow every now & then.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They will probably keep Arrow around, since there is no Green Arrow movie planned...

Flash,.. Depends on how the previous movies go and to be honest, The show is breaking all CW records so I don't think DC will be quick to cancel it...

I read in an interview that Atom will appear on Flash since he will end up becoming best friends with Cisco and STAR Labs will help him develop his suit...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@the_kidd said:

No the DCCU shouldn't effect the DCWverse but it might reduce the number of characters they are permitted to use.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dan12456

When was there ever serious talk about a suicide squad show? I never saw anything more than fan speculation.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@the_kidd said:

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

(Optimistic comment.)

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just speculations:

Arrow

The Flash

The Atom

Firestorm

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By SupBatz

My predictions:

Arrow and Flash will continue for at least five seasons each. Probably more if ratings don't drop.

Supergirl will not directly cross over with either show (at least not at first), but that there might be a nod in each of the shows indicating that they exist in the same universe.

Vixen's animated mini-series will cast a voice actress who can play her for guest appearances on Arrow and Flash.

And I predict a team-up show featuring the Atom, Firestorm, Vixen, and Felicity to be the new show that the CW is thinking of picking up. Perhaps with an international feel to it. Edit: I'm also going to go out on a limb and predict the inclusion of Fire and Ice, due to their being mentioned in an episode of Flash.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ted Kord will be having appearances, if not his own show.

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: No because arrow is the central pillar of the universe. Flash is a spin-off of Arrow and vixen would be spinoff of both of them. If the atom show happens Arrow would be the sun that this whole world revolves around and where all the spin-offs come from.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: didn't Ted Kord was supose have Atom part but DC restricted him at the last minute due to having other plans.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@nickthedevil: didn't Ted Kord was supose have Atom part but DC restricted him at the last minute due to having other plans.

Yep. That's the whole reason Ray Palmer is in the show.

Originally, Ted was supposed to be coming to town, buying out Queen Co. and making his leap to vigilante-ism. DC said they had other plans for him last minute. Shame too, because Ray Palmer (CW) IS Ted Kord. His mannerisms, everything is so Ted Kord, I have to remind myself that he's Ray Palmer. This character would have been as close to Ted as any other interpretation of a super hero on any screen yet.

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think arrow has two more seasons. i think this because Olivier says he's been away for 5 years and the show has shown 3 year of his past life, well really 2/3's since they only on season 3 episode 10. its very abc logic I know, but that's the way i see it.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@renzoa said:

i think arrow has two more seasons. i think this because Olivier says he's been away for 5 years and the show has shown 3 year of his past life, well really 2/3's since they only on season 3 episode 10. its very abc logic I know, but that's the way i see it.

That's what I'm guessing as well.

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Renzoa
@ryagan said:

@renzoa said:

yes! im not alone

sockman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sockman19

@renzoa said:
@ryagan said:

@renzoa said:

yes! im not alone

I think that that was the plan when Arrow started. But so much else has changed in Arrow that I wouldn't be surprised if they change their minds about that as well. Arrow can survive without flashbacks. In a lot of ways, it might even make the show better.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK, but I expect, actually, I hope, the DCTVU will have a crisis of some sorts around 2020 brought on by Flash effectively ending all DC television shows on a cliffhanger. After that we'll only have the movies for a year or two before the CRISIS on INFINITE EARTHS movie debuts where we'll see the return of all our favorite TV superheroes in an epic 3-part event. The universes can be merged now without any issue and Amell can finally get that shot at the Justice League he's been craving lol

However, i'm pretty sure DC is making the DCCU version of Flash Barry Allen as well. That's a huge mistake. Just go with Wally.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Kidd

@the_kidd said:

Originally, Ted was supposed to be coming to town, buying out Queen Co. and making his leap to vigilante-ism. DC said they had other plans for him last minute. Shame too, because Ray Palmer (CW) IS Ted Kord. His mannerisms, everything is so Ted Kord, I have to remind myself that he's Ray Palmer. This character would have been as close to Ted as any other interpretation of a super hero on any screen yet.

Any ideas what those other plans are?

IDK, but I expect, actually, I hope, the DCTVU will have a crisis of some sorts around 2020 brought on by Flash effectively ending all DC television shows on a cliffhanger. After that we'll only have the movies for a year or two before the CRISIS on INFINITE EARTHS movie debuts where we'll see the return of all our favorite TV superheroes in an epic 3-part event. The universes can be merged now without any issue and Amell can finally get that shot at the Justice League he's been craving lol

However, i'm pretty sure DC is making the DCCU version of Flash Barry Allen as well. That's a huge mistake. Just go with Wally.

That sound overly complicated but I have been saying that movie flash should be Wally so maybe they can do a version of Flash of Two Worlds.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@nickthedevil said:

@the_kidd said:

Any ideas what those other plans are?

@buttersdaman000 said:

That sound overly complicated but I have been saying that movie flash should be Wally so maybe they can do a version of Flash of Two Worlds.

None. There's been some talk that Kord will have some appearance, or a mention (Much alike the WAYNE satellite in MOS) in BvS: Dawn of Justice. But other than that, nothing.

It doesn't make sense that that would be holding DC back from letting him appear on Arrow, because they're already usingh Flash, and have him represented in both small and big screens.