Where the hell do I start?

EmilyJLowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've just got into collecting comic books but I have no idea where to start, I'm more of a marvel fan and have a few comics already but I'm just picking ones at random

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Chronus

The Avengers and New Avengers are a good start.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Look for the ones you like and start from Marvel NOW! You would still acquire some information in before hand, use the wikis to get a hum of what's going on.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

STEP 1: Find a character you're interested in.

STEP 2: Pick up a series with this character in it.

STEP 3: Read.

STEP 4: If you like this particular series, get more of it.

STEP 5: If you do not like this particular series, don't read it.

STEP 6: Then try another series.

Use this site's wiki to fill in any blanks.

It's so much easier than you would think.

EmilyJLowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EmilyJLowe

@godtriggerhulk: in the films, iron man, but only because of robert downey jr.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

@emilyjlowe: Start at Marvel Now, it'll be easier, figure out which characters you like and pick up their titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@emilyjlowe: Welcome to comic vine.

First you have to figure out what character you like.

Do you like colorfull superheroes who picks flowers or do you prefer dark and gritty superheroes who have a predictable childhood tragedy?

Find out what artist you like.

Character+artist ----> google search =the place to start.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@emilyjlowe: Read Iron Man then, In the beginning of the Marvel Now series it was decent but now it's really interesting. but it won't be the kind of RDJr jokes as often as you could hope.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emilyjlowe: Search Google for Marvel Now! Iron-Man, you can probably find the first few issues in a collected paperback form. From there you can probably get the issues you missed at a local shop or online.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take my advice : Read Valiant Comics

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new 52 DC comics has some hot collector items, such as batman, nightwing, red hood, suiside squad #1 issues. Also on marvel NOW hawkeye number 1 is F'ing hot right and on high demand!

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By 2chimcha3

Take my advice : Read Valiant Comics

Thank you! I thought it was only me and like 5 other guys who ever recommends Valiant comics. You speak the truth!

I've just got into collecting comic books but I have no idea where to start, I'm more of a marvel fan and have a few comics already but I'm just picking ones at random

Tell us the characters, teams, and genres that you like. We are happy to help. Remember that you shouldn't restrict yourself to just one publisher. Enjoy everything.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sylvain

Well you could start by not cursing for none reason?

Image comics might be a good place to start with.

Well the best advice i could give you is just go with your fav character(Comic).

EmilyJLowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan: i like most character from marvel but i dont really know much about the marvel knights. I guess x-men is my favourite group or heroes and villains but iron man is my favourite character

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sagejonathan: i like most character from marvel but i dont really know much about the marvel knights. I guess x-men is my favourite group or heroes and villains but iron man is my favourite character

If you like Iron Man, I would recommend Iron Man Extremis and Invincible Iron Man Vol. 1, both in trades. The first is quite new reader-friendly, giving Tony's origin and introducing Extremis. Invincible Iron Man was written with viewers who've seen the first IM movie in mind, so it's also new reader friendly, and quite enjoyable.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@veshark said:

@emilyjlowe said:

If you like Iron Man, I would recommend Iron Man Extremis and Invincible Iron Man Vol. 1, both in trades. The first is quite new reader-friendly, giving Tony's origin and introducing Extremis. Invincible Iron Man was written with viewers who've seen the first IM movie in mind, so it's also new reader friendly, and quite enjoyable.

I agree with him. The current Iron Man isn't very good in my opinion so you should start with the trades he recommended. As for X-Men, google a list of the X-men books from Marvel NOW. Look through them and see if any of them catch your eye. There are many X-men books so don't feel obliged to buy them all. You might have to wiki some of the events that just happened to understand them.