Where is the outrage over Iron Man vs Hulk in AoU?

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jack Donaghy

Ever since the extra Batman v Superman footage of Batman and Superman speeding towards each other's been released all I've been hearing is how unrealistic it is. How Batman will be killed, there will be Batwanking in it, cries of PIS, Batgod will triumph again ,blah blah blah. This isn't the only superhero movie that will see someone with Godlike strength fighting a regular human in a suit of armor. A little movie called Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released soon and it'll feature someone with Superman like strength vs... a normal human in armor. But where are all the snarky "lol Iron Man dies" type of responses that Batman got?

Now even as a Batman fan I have to admit obviously Superman SHOULD win when the 2 fight and that realistically him racing towards the Man of Steel would end in his death. Having said that Iron Man vs Hulk is no more realistic than Batman vs Superman and tbh it's probably even less realistic. At least with Superman Batman can weaken him if he gets enough Kryptonite, in Superman Returns Lex flippin Luthor without any armor and some thugs of his managed to beat Superman nearly to death because he literally had tons of it. So if Batman were to get his hands on that much Kryptonite, the fact that Superman's morals will cause him to massively hold back, plus the enhancements his suit'll give him he's got a chance. Iron Man vs Hulk on the other hand? There's no Kryptonite like weakness Tony can exploit and Hulk (especially if Scarlet Witch is controlling him) is less likely to pull his punches vs his human enemy than Superman is.

So if anything Batman being able to go toe to toe with Superman is a little more realistic than Iron Man vs Hulk is but the former gets more complaints than the latter, why?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By _Mongul

MCU Hulk is hella nerfed.

MoS Superman is only slightly nerfed.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you seen the hulk buster suit... have you seen the batman armored suit? It's not a even a comparison insane amounts of effort and prep went into designing a suit specifically to take on hulk the batman suit looks like nothing

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disclaimer: Myself, and most everyone else on this thread, have not SEEN AoU, so I cannot comment on the fight itself, just the concept.

For me (not necessarily anyone else):

Iron Man is a lot more powerful than Batman. If Batman and Iron Man fought, I'd pick Iron Man in that fight. Superman is a lot more powerful than Hulk. So overall, Hulk v Iron Man is a lot more fair right up front.

Hulk is a barely controlled rage monster. Fighting him is akin to fighting any monster in any monster movie, regardless how strong he is, he's barely above an animal. Nobody complains when the Japanese military attack Godzilla.

Hulk isnt a hero in peoples minds like Superman. Hulk is a tragic Jekyll and Hyde figure, a creature of pity. Supes is an inspirational savior figure, so seeing him get beaten up and disrespected by another hero is offensive in and of itself.

Man of Steel Superman is the most powerful super hero we've seen in a movie in decades. In that film, we see the Kryptonians are essentially untouchable. And Superman in particular overcame his greatest weakness (the Atmosphere and Environment of Krypton) while destroying the World Engine. If he can fly upright through a gravity beam capable of destroying city blocks WHILE WEAKENED, anything Batman can do will be unsatisfactory, anyone who actually thinks about it wont buy it.

And most importantly: Speed vs Human Perception. Think of the Quicksilver scene on Days of Future Past, and how time was standing still and he took down the entire room full of soldiers. No matter how armored or how prepared Batman is, he cannot overcome that speed, he wont even realize the fight is on. No Marvel character, certainly not Hulk, is on the level of Supes/the Kryptonians.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The power gap between Batman and Superman is WAY higher than Iron Man and Hulk.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this.

but i feel the batsuit will be nearly as strong as superman. Aswell there is no krypnotite in the man of steel universe so there will have to be some other way to weaken supes. Or they will just make batmans batsuit supposedly strong enough to possibly beat superman without needing any kind of special weakness to exploit on superman.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Most likely. Either way I can understand the frustration.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disclaimer: Myself, and most everyone else on this thread, have not SEEN AoU, so I cannot comment on the fight itself, just the concept.

For me (not necessarily anyone else):

Iron Man is a lot more powerful than Batman. If Batman and Iron Man fought, I'd pick Iron Man in that fight. Superman is a lot more powerful than Hulk. So overall, Hulk v Iron Man is a lot more fair right up front.

Hulk is a barely controlled rage monster. Fighting him is akin to fighting any monster in any monster movie, regardless how strong he is, he's barely above an animal. Nobody complains when the Japanese military attack Godzilla.

Hulk isnt a hero in peoples minds like Superman. Hulk is a tragic Jekyll and Hyde figure, a creature of pity. Supes is an inspirational savior figure, so seeing him get beaten up and disrespected by another hero is offensive in and of itself.

Man of Steel Superman is the most powerful super hero we've seen in a movie in decades. In that film, we see the Kryptonians are essentially untouchable. And Superman in particular overcame his greatest weakness (the Atmosphere and Environment of Krypton) while destroying the World Engine. If he can fly upright through a gravity beam capable of destroying city blocks WHILE WEAKENED, anything Batman can do will be unsatisfactory, anyone who actually thinks about it wont buy it.

And most importantly: Speed vs Human Perception. Think of the Quicksilver scene on Days of Future Past, and how time was standing still and he took down the entire room full of soldiers. No matter how armored or how prepared Batman is, he cannot overcome that speed, he wont even realize the fight is on. No Marvel character, certainly not Hulk, is on the level of Supes/the Kryptonians.

So will I be seeing these kinds of complaints from you and everyone else when the next Superman solo movie has Eisenberg's Lex likely in armor vs Superman? Because some Superman fans think Batman fighting Superman is the dumbest idea ever but have no issue with Lex vs Superman. How can you pick Iron Man when we haven't seen what Batman in his armor can do? For all we know he can be much more powerful than Iron Man. Also did you ignore the part where I mentioned Lex Luthor almost beat Superman to death with a bunch of Kryptonite in Superman Returns? At the moment Kryptonite doesn't exist but if it's revealed to exist I see no reason Batman couldn't do exactly what Lex did in Superman Returns. Except no one complained when Lex did it but will have a meltdown if Batman does it.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: This if Batman does it it's pis if Lex does it it's because he's a good villain. It's a double standard they will say Superman forgot his super speed against batman but will totally disregard the same thing for Lex. Also Tony went into a lot of preparation for the Hulk buster and it even repairs itself

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So will I be seeing these kinds of complaints from you and everyone else when the next Superman solo movie has Eisenberg's Lex likely in armor vs Superman? Because some Superman fans think Batman fighting Superman is the dumbest idea ever but have no issue with Lex vs Superman. How can you pick Iron Man when we haven't seen what Batman in his armor can do? For all we know he can be much more powerful than Iron Man. Also did you ignore the part where I mentioned Lex Luthor almost beat Superman to death with a bunch of Kryptonite in Superman Returns? At the moment Kryptonite doesn't exist but if it's revealed to exist I see no reason Batman couldn't do exactly what Lex did in Superman Returns. Except no one complained when Lex did it but will have a meltdown if Batman does it.

I complained when Lex used the Knite to own Superman in Returns. Its pretty much the only thing I really dislike about that movie. Think about how ridiculous that scene is in context of that movie: SUPERMAN LIFTS AN ISLAND MADE OF THE STUFF 10 MINUTES LATER. It was a plot contrivance, and a bad one.

And you can look through my post history and you will see that i've said time and time again: I never want Lex alone to be the only villain in any Superman media ever again. Lex is only dangerous to Superman directly if we suddenly change Superman's ability to withstand Knite radiation and its annoying. A guy who can fight a Super Being Powered by Kryptonite (Kryptonite Man) and a Robot Powered by Kryptonite (Metallo) should not be capable of being harmed by a normal man with Kryptonite. Lex is only dangerous as a schemer and a manipulator. He should never sully his hands with a direct confrontation, and his crimes should always be untraceable, so he can even fight Supes in the court of public opinion. Maybe he can even get a little of that diplomatic immunity by becoming president. People were saying they wanted Lex for the next Superman movie, and i'm fine with it, as long as his plan involves Doomsday, Metallo, or Bizarro or something.

I will say Lex is pretty clearly Batman's superior in the intelligence department, in the New 52 he is probably the most intelligent man on the planet. But as such, he should know that he cannot beat Superman in a direct fight.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 SC  Moderator

Well, I am a bigger Iron Man and Hulk fan in general than I am a Batman and Superman fan, but I have no problem with Batman being able to fight competitively with Superman, then again its because my subconscious never lets me forget they are fictional, and not real, and they rely completely on my ability to buy into fictional concepts, concepts that can change and vary on a creators whim. Then again I am just one individual, and apparently a weird one at that, so general outrage?

Probably because a lot of peoples general perceptions and ideas about these characters are different, Batman for many "usually" operates on a much more "grounded" and "realistic" atmosphere than say Iron Man. Just compare the Nolan trilogy to the three Iron Man movies? Quality wise, both were great, but they were very, very different movies. Chances are if we took the Batman from Batman VS Superman, with all that technology, experience, wisdom, and put them into the same situations as the Nolan movies… well then those movies would change greatly.

Anyway the basis of this thread seems to be some people complain about "this" but not "this", why? Thats just human nature, peoples complaints are often subjective, sometimes hypocritical, and always subject to perspective, certain assumptions and knowledge or lack of. Plus this is the internet, there probably is outrage over Iron Man and Hulk, you just haven't found it. There was outrage over Iron Man and Thor, and outrage over… Nick Fury's eyepatch, probably. There's outrage over the tone of the trailer and outrage over the outrage. Its a tunnel of loops best avoided.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy said:.

I complained when Lex used the Knite to own Superman in Returns. Its pretty much the only thing I really dislike about that movie. Think about how ridiculous that scene is in context of that movie: SUPERMAN LIFTS AN ISLAND MADE OF THE STUFF 10 MINUTES LATER. It was a plot contrivance, and a bad one.

And you can look through my post history and you will see that i've said time and time again: I never want Lex alone to be the only villain in any Superman media ever again. Lex is only dangerous to Superman directly if we suddenly change Superman's ability to withstand Knite radiation and its annoying. A guy who can fight a Super Being Powered by Kryptonite (Kryptonite Man) and a Robot Powered by Kryptonite (Metallo) should not be capable of being harmed by a normal man with Kryptonite. Lex is only dangerous as a schemer and a manipulator. He should never sully his hands with a direct confrontation, and his crimes should always be untraceable, so he can even fight Supes in the court of public opinion. Maybe he can even get a little of that diplomatic immunity by becoming president. People were saying they wanted Lex for the next Superman movie, and i'm fine with it, as long as his plan involves Doomsday, Metallo, or Bizarro or something.

I will say Lex is pretty clearly Batman's superior in the intelligence department, in the New 52 he is probably the most intelligent man on the planet. But as such, he should know that he cannot beat Superman in a direct fight.

You personally may have had a problem with Lex beating up Superman in SR but most Superman fans I've seen on the internet didn't have much of an issue with it. Like you said even while weakened Superman was able to pick an island of Kryptonite up Lex and his goons should have broken their hands when they hit Superman. Swap Lex out with Batman in that movie and there would of been many more complaints. I just think if you swapped out Batman for Lex in his warsuit and people would be ok with the idea of a human in armor vs Superman.

I wouldn't say Lex is clearly Batman's superior intelligence, he's probably smarter but not by all that much imo.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You personally may have had a problem with Lex beating up Superman in SR but most Superman fans I've seen on the internet didn't have much of an issue with it. Like you said even while weakened Superman was able to pick an island of Kryptonite up Lex and his goons should have broken their hands when they hit Superman. Swap Lex out with Batman in that movie and there would of been many more complaints. I just think if you swapped out Batman for Lex in his warsuit and people would be ok with the idea of a human in armor vs Superman.

I wouldn't say Lex is clearly Batman's superior intelligence, he's probably smarter but not by all that much imo.

You may be right about how Superman fans would respond on average, I do not speak for them. But if theyre ok with that nonsense at all, I think theyre crazy. I only visit this site on and off, but I felt like a ton of fans have come to the same conclusion as me, that Kryptonite is a crutch for bad writing.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@jack_donaghy said:

You may be right about how Superman fans would respond on average, I do not speak for them. But if theyre ok with that nonsense at all, I think theyre crazy. I only visit this site on and off, but I felt like a ton of fans have come to the same conclusion as me, that Kryptonite is a crutch for bad writing.

I feel the same way. It's the reason the effectiveness of Kryptonite fluctuates so drastically in the comics.

There's only been a few instances I've read where it's been handled well, but it's usually simply a plot device used so that a person or situation can pose a legitimate threat.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because batman fans need to 'battle forum' more, but keep the wank out the door

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've seen AoU and it will cause a lot of rage. (spoilers)

hulk was manhandling hulkbuster and yet when scarlet witch's mind control stopped, hulk just stood in the rubble, confused and dazed and hulkbuster punched him out then the following scene, we see banner in the quinjet

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: So is there a winner or we don't actually see someone directly win

Superman>>Hulk>>>>>Ironman>>>>>>Batman. To the general public Superman is so much more powerful than even Hulk.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

So is there a winner or we don't actually see someone directly win

see the spoiler and the destruction caused by the two is a lot bigger.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: nah, nobody would spam gore into your inbox, dox you and track your home with a van of muggers so long as you don't do vids or gif clips

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

nah, nobody would spam gore into your inbox, dox you and track your home with a van of muggers so long as you don't do vids or gif clips

do you want me too ? XD

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@_mongul said:

MCU Hulk is hella nerfed.

MoS Superman can't even fly to the moon!

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Would you prefer ISIS beheading or animal cruelty :P

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

@_mongul said:MCU Hulk is hella nerfed.

MoS Superman slightly nerfed

Superman slightly nerfed

Slightly nerfed

Slightly

He can't even fly too the moon, struggled to hold and got knocked out by a tower that weight 2000 tons at the very best and to top it all he doesn't have super speed. He's hella nerfed.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

cuz haters gonna hate

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

this.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: OK that's quite disappointing. Two questions is there consequences to the damage caused?

And is Hulk more powerful this time round

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Hulk is puny compared to Mos Superman.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because rabid Marvel fanboys love anything Marvel does, and hates anything DC does.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You silly goose. Don't you know? People hate DC movies and will always find something to complain about, while fighting to their last breath for the MCU.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because comic fans get their jimmies in a twist faster than any other fangroup, especially when it comes to iconic heroes like Superman. I always found it funny how comic fans will pick and choose what's realistic and what's not. For example, in regards to the Superman vs Batman debate, alot of people will complain that Batman's intelligence, tech and planning is unrealistic, yet they will have no problem accepting an alien being that fires lasers from his eyes and flies without propulsion.

cuz haters gonna hate

Bladewolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:MCU Hulk is hella nerfed.

MoS Superman slightly nerfed

Superman slightly nerfed

Slightly nerfed

Slightly

He can't even fly too the moon, struggled to hold and got knocked out by a tower that weight 2000 tons at the very best and to top it all he doesn't have super speed. He's hella nerfed.

MoS Superman would solo the entire MCU verse, he would make Ultron look like a joke.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cuz they hate batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Superman doesn't have that type of speed from what I remember.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

OK that's quite disappointing. Two questions is there consequences to the damage caused?

they just became wanted till they defeated ultron

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@kfabz-23 said:

OK that's quite disappointing. Two questions is there consequences to the damage caused?

they just became wanted till they defeated ultron

Spoiler!

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Have you seen the Hulknuster suit

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@deaditegonzo: Superman doesn't have that type of speed from what I remember.

The Faora scene where she fights against the strike force in Smallville, she takes them out while they are frozen like statues. Superman may not be able to do that, as he never explicitly did, but I cannot see any reason he wouldn't, they're both Kryptonian.

And of course, in flight, Superman travels around the entire planet in what can be no more than a few minutes.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@kyrees: So is there a winner or we don't actually see someone directly win

Superman>>Hulk>>>>>Ironman>>>>>>Batman. To the general public Superman is so much more powerful than even Hulk.

In the comics Iron Man is much more powerful than Batman is but this is DCCU Batman we don't know how powerful this one is. MOS Superman is much stronger than MCU Hulk and Thor so if Batman manages to hang in a fight with him that would mean he's much more powerful than MCU Iron Man. Batman is a better fighter than Green Arrow in the comics, but Arrow is a better fighter than Christian Bale's Batman, heroes always differ between their comic book and movie/TV counterparts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Yeah I know he can fly really fast, and I could see him flying really fast between people to do what Faora did, or even just flying his fastest straight at Batman before Batman can react.

But he didn't show combat speed fast enough where Batman can't react, and if he really does run at batman like he did in the extended trailer, speed won't be that much if a problem. Usain Bolt is also human, but he is much faster than both of us, yes? Same concept here IMO. They probably didn't want to make superman too powerful.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as someone who has seen the movie the fight was pretty realistic to me

The suit was made by Bruce and Tony as a countermeasure in case the hulk got out of hand, and it wasn't just one suit, ut was a hole bunch of suits with extra replacement limbs and what bot at the ready, throughout the fight, the hulk was wrecking Tony's suit, but the spare parts kept flying back and fixing the suit up, and this is why tony was able to tussle for so long, also, at the end of the fight, hulk regains consciousness for a bit and looks about really confused and stuff, which is how Tony ends up winning, yes, you heard me, hulkbuster WON, but yeah, replacement parts where what kept Tony in the fight, so it seems realistic enough to me

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers