#1 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (215 posts) - - Show Bio

If this has been posted before I apologize, my search didn't turn up anything.

I am very curious as to what exactly would be a good source to look up characters one is not familiar with. I know most people discredit wiki, marvel wiki, DC wiki, and even comic vine so where would be the best place to look for character info? I have even heard that the stats from the Marvel RPG don't count. I don't know every single character out there so when participating in debates I like to get an idea of the ones I don't know. I often look at the wiki's cause most other sites on the character are not exactly character knowledge.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and Dc have published their own Encyclopedias about their characters.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (31258 posts) - - Show Bio

All the wikis are okay for very brief overviews. If you just need general information and not details, then they're fine.

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

All the wikis are okay for very brief overviews. If you just need general information and not details, then they're fine.

this

@fanofsuperheroes: I don't discredit wikis persay, as I hope that they're at least partially moderated and devoid of fanboyism. Some articles even have quicklinks to scans and cite their sources.

#5 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Google and wikis.

#6 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

the marvel and DC wikia is where I go for basic overviews, they DO give you feats but not scans