Where do I start with Thanos and Guardians of the Galaxy?

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By carnivalofsins00

If it's on Comixology, the better. Right now, they're having a sale on Annihilation for $.99 each issue, but I don't know where to start really. Any help would be appreciated. And should I go ahead and purchase Annihilation?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cap10nate

@carnivalofsins00: I would definitely purchase Annihilation (2006). It is a fantastic story. It will provide you with a lot of the characters for the Guardians.

The Annihilation: Nova sub-story complents it pretty well as a prologue.

Annihilation: Conquest follows Annihilation as it is another major war that happens after the Annihilation wave.

The Guardians of the Galaxy (2008) series takes place after the two Annihilation stories. It is a good read as well.

The Thanos Imperative (2010) is also on sale right now is a phenomenal story as well. It picks up at the end of the GOTG series I believe.

You don't need to be well versed on these characters to enjoy the stories because it explains it pretty well but i would definitely start with Annihilation. One of my favorite books ever.

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By carnivalofsins00

@Cap10nate: Cool. SO I guess I'll just purchase both Annihilation and Thanos Imperative now since they're so cheap on comixology, and just read Thanos Imperative later.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

@carnivalofsins00: If you want to go old school, you can pick up the the infinity wars/ Crusade/ Gauntlet to get a good understanding of who Thanos really is. Infinity Wars and Crusade are both on sale as well and Gauntlet is a good story to know for the cosmic mythos.

finiteman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By finiteman

It sounds like the movie will be about the new Guardians so you really don't need to go back any further than about 2006. Most of that stuff is Abnett and Lanning, so it is all good reading.

I'd say the annihilation stuff, GOTG, and Nova starting after that point would be a good start.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Also if you can get Thanos vol 1 and 2 it would help understanding the workings of the new and improved Mad Titan.