• 95 results
#1 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5320 posts) - - Show Bio

I prepare Subbed.

How about you?

#2 Posted by Farkam (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually subbed. Been watching a lot of dubbed recently, since I don't feel like reading D;

#3 Edited by Veshark (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Subbed. Dubbed is just way too distracting.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (27357 posts) - - Show Bio

Dubbed I feel emotion and connection to a show when I can hear it in my native English language.

#5 Posted by russellmania77 (13648 posts) - - Show Bio

Dubbed, I hate reading words fast

#6 Posted by Farkam (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

Dubbed, I hate reading words fast

They usually don't go by that fast.

#7 Edited by OverLordArgeist (5320 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon Ball is one of the few animes I liked dubbed because I cannot stand Goku's original voice.

#8 Edited by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

About half an half. As someone said, DBZ ABSOLUTELY must be dubbed. Same with FMA. But a lot of slice of life anime sounds lame dubbed.

#9 Edited by GeoKnowsBest (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Dubbed, unless it's a really bad dub and then I'll switch to subbed.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (28071 posts) - - Show Bio

Subbed, if I can. The only anime I watch dubbed is FMA, because Mustang's English voice is cooler and Edward's English voice is less annoying than his Japanese voice.

#12 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Subbed **** american voice acting.

Not wanting to watch a foriegn movie because it has subtitles is a BS excuse for being lazy and just ignorent, Used to work at a video store and whenever i would suggest a foriegn film most of my hick customers would look at me as if i just insulted their mother.

#13 Posted by blackwolf0925 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Subbed, to me it feels awkward hearing it English. Most of the time it sounds like they're not even trying.

#14 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: totally true. On another note, shows like justice league should be dubbed in jap for japan

#15 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Only watch subbed if dudded eps run out. I perfer english to jap. But thats not to say the jap version isnt good. Both are good, I just perfer english cause its my language

#16 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Dubbed, sorry, I speak English :D

#17 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7941 posts) - - Show Bio

Dudded,unless the buzz for the anime and question is big and I can't wait for the dub.

An honestly I think it which one you hear first because in the end whichever one you here becomes the ''default''.' I would go into more detail about this but I'd rather be lazy and use my favorite video on the subject made by the best Anime Zone's Gigguk.

#18 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

dbz and yu-gi-oh and pokemon and digimon dubbed. they were my first exposure. rest subbed because english voice actors suck.

#19 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7941 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer said:

dbz and yu-gi-oh and pokemon and digimon dubbed. they were my first exposure. rest subbed because english voice actors suck.

*cough*Crispen Freeman*cough* Johnny Young Bosh*cough*Liam O'Brien*cough Steve Blum*cough* Wendy Lee*cough* Vic Mignogna*cough*Greg Arryes(if the character is right)*cough* Chris Patton*cough a s*** load of more people.

#20 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (8255 posts) - - Show Bio

Subbed > Dubbed always, unless it's Goku's voice.

#21 Posted by xlab3000 (2785 posts) - - Show Bio

Dubbed. the voice actors don't suck in my opinion.

#22 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Abridged dubs better!

#23 Edited by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio

if i buy the series im watching it dubbed after some time i may see it subb to see how the original sounded like. i have not encountered a dubbed so bad i refused seing it dubbed.GTO came close but when i heard onizuka's voice i simply couldnt go on with the subb and switched to the horrible dubbed were everyone but onizuka voice sucked.

#24 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7941 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

well here's the best one ever

#25 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (8255 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

It's a pity what happened to his plasma screen T.V.

#26 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really watch enough anime to have a preference.

#27 Posted by JulieDC (790 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer dubs when it comes to animated foreign content because with subs I spend more time reading than actually watching the show. It is only with live action content that I prefer subs because dubs look very weird at that point.

#28 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones said:

@trebean said:

It's a pity what happened to his plasma screen T.V.

I like YGOTAS and DBZA along with None Piece and the weird Pokemon one where Officer Jenny is a pedophile, but this might just take a spot on number one.

#29 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Betsu ni

#30 Posted by TDK_1997 (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer subbed.I hate dubbed animes.

#31 Posted by danhimself (21916 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer dubbed but if I can't find the dubbed version or they haven't dubbed it yet then it's no big deal for me to watch it subbed

#32 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

About half an half. As someone said, DBZ ABSOLUTELY must be dubbed. Same with FMA. But a lot of slice of life anime sounds lame dubbed.

Well said and I agree. Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon should also only be watched dubbed.

I generally prefer dubs unless it has actively changed the storyline, like in Yu-Gi-Oh.

#33 Edited by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer subs. There are exceptions but in general, I find that dubs kind of ruin the immersion, they can feel kind of jarring and unnatural in comparison to enjoying a film with the original, intended audio.

#34 Posted by The Stegman (20873 posts) - - Show Bio

Dubbed, I don't wanna read if I don't have too.

#35 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

When watching anime, I want to know who hid the remote because why am I watching anime?

#36 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1314 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both since i watch a lot of anime I finally got use to sub an reading.

But i prefer dubbed because i like to hear what they are saying instead of reading it.

Though both are fine with me really

#37 Posted by XImpossibruX (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

Both, depends on the anime.

One Piece subbed, DBZ dubbed.

#38 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux said:

Both, depends on the anime.

One Piece subbed, DBZ dubbed.

I was looking forward to the One Piece dub when I heard the Funimation one was a hundred times better than the 4Kids.

Then Luffy sounded like Gohan andddddddddddddd fail.

#39 Posted by Duncan (11334 posts) - - Show Bio

Dubbed. I usually work while watching anything.

#40 Edited by jack16ichigo (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Subbed,I actually like listening to Japanese and have no problem reading the subtitles(and I don't like reading at all)I can stand some dub when it's done well but usually isn't ¬¬

#41 Posted by KingOfAsh (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends. These days I watch anime set in Japan in Japanese with subtitles. Mostly I watch in dub though, but I'm getting kind of tired of always hearing Americans do the voice acting (I know some of them put a lot of passion into it, like Vic Mignola, but sometimes I just want some variety). Hellsing had some Brittish voice actors in it, which is good because the show is kind of set there. The BBC also did a unique dub of Lum The Invader Girl. I've also been trying to track down animes in languages neither English or Japanese with English subs. I bought the Eureka Seven collection off ebay from Europe and it had not only English and Japanese, but German and French too. It's not everyday you get the chance to watch an anime in German or French. It's hard to track them down though.

.A big question that applies to most anime is, if you just want to read what the say, why don't you just read the manga? Then you can just imagine their voice to sound like whatever you want it to be.

#42 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@duncan: I do that too, but I like subs as well.

#43 Posted by TDK_1997 (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Subbed, if I can. The only anime I watch dubbed is FMA, because Mustang's English voice is cooler and Edward's English voice is less annoying than his Japanese voice.

Same here.The joy for me watching FMA dubbed is great while when I watch subbed FMA I am bored and the voices annoy me.

#44 Posted by BlackWind (4129 posts) - - Show Bio

I like dubbed.

Look, I realize many dubs have sucked. But the Japanese enjoy it in their language, I wanna enjoy it in my language. Plus, I dislike the elitist attitude sub fans tend to have.

#45 Edited by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by Mezmero (861 posts) - - Show Bio

I typically watch with subtitles not to say that English dubs can't be really good i.e Cowboy Bebop, FMA, and Trigun. The Japanese voices in YuYu Hakusho were unbearable so I'm glad to have watched it with dubs. I'd recommend using dubs when checking out shows with great art so you can pay attention during frenetic action scenes. A lot of bad quality dubs exist. Believe it.

#47 Edited by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched a ton of anime. A lot of what i've watched has actually had very good dubbing (sometimes with bigger name voice actors) and so I've probably watched more dubbed than subbed. But I'm not averse to subbed and have definitely watched subbed films before. I'm hoping to eventually pick up enough Japanese to be ale to watch without worrying about either :)

#48 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind:

Ikr that elitist attitude is the worst. I mean its a show, calm down lol. I don't speak jap so I pefer english, but I have had to finsh some shows in the sub and I liked that too. But I never start with a sub. Start with dub then when run out of eps, wait for englsh ones or I try the sub. Both do good jobs.

#49 Edited by hart7668 (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehhh, the only two animes I've really ever watched was DBZ and Naruto. Funimation dubbing Dragon Ball Z is my preference while Naruto has to be subbed; so no, I won't "believe it." It just depends for me.

#50 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7941 posts) - - Show Bio

Also considering how international modern anime has become It make dubbing.