• 100 results
#1 Posted by SOG7dc (7214 posts) - - Show Bio

Or has one ever made you cry. And even if you didn't cry what wa the last comic to get you in your feels

#2 Posted by batmannflash (6221 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: It's not an attempt to sound tough (because I'm not), but I don't cry in comic books. But "Identity Crisis" made me extremely depressed. Batman & Robin has done a great job. The recent issue and issue 18 made me sad. Those are recent ones I remember

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (7214 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I get you. I'm the same way. I didn't even cry at my grandmas funeral even though I wa extremely sad. But I only ask because I'm getting ready to read Camelot falls and it looked to be a tear jerking story. So I was just curiou about hat other comics have that sad quality to them

#4 Edited by batmannflash (6221 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: the Injustice: Gods Among Us series has quite a few really sad parts. But I think Identity Crisis was the closest to making me cry lol. Great story too.

Peter Parker's death

#5 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

When I read the AvX was ruining every character I'm pretty sure everyone cried a little.

#6 Posted by SOG7dc (7214 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Isn't identity crisis drawn by Michael turner? Because he's my fav

#7 Posted by batmannflash (6221 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Nope. Rags Morales and M.R. Blair were the artistic team. The art's still great. I recommend Identity Crisis a lot

#8 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I teared up a little during the death of Ultimate Peter Parker.

@tikhunt said:

When I read the AvX was ruining every character I'm pretty sure everyone cried a little.

lol

#9 Edited by bob808 (6775 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read a comic that made me cry.

#10 Edited by Xwraith (18274 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force #18.

If you've read it, you probably know why.

#11 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't recall a comic ever making me cry. There's plenty that fill me with joy or make me laugh. Lately it's been Kirkman's Invincible that's really got me smirking, just enjoying his great craftsmanship. Comics affect me fully on the emotional spectrum: sadness, anger, frustration, joy, fear, etc. But I have yet to cry from reading anything, books or comics.

The only mediums that have had that effect on me are film and music. Sound (especially when coupled with images) is more likely to bring about such an overwhelming emotional response. At least that's my rationale.

#12 Posted by SOG7dc (7214 posts) - - Show Bio

So far for me it was the story in superman earth one volume 2 when he told the story about his cat that died. The one he buried on the moon

#13 Posted by batmannflash (6221 posts) - - Show Bio

All-Star Superman was extremely touching

#14 Edited by GeekBait (783 posts) - - Show Bio

I never cried, but these hit me in the feels:

• A lot of deaths in The Walking Dead. Especially Lori, Judith, & Dale.
  • Peter's death in Ultimate Spider-Man.
  • Spider-Men, when 616 Peter met 1610 Aunt May & Gwen.
  • Batman & Robin 18.
  • Gwen Stacy's death.
  • Superior Spider-Man 9 when Otto pretty much obliterated Peter.

#15 Edited by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

x-force issue (wolvie's team) where he ended up killing daken , with the hesitation and him doing the deed , and clips of what could have been ... to me it was a strong issue

#16 Edited by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Both times Peter died.

#17 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8008 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I think I came the closest to crying when I saw this scan.

#18 Edited by The_Tree (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

I might've teared up when reading Scalped and during some stuff around the death of Damian.

The only book that I can actually remember tearing up during (recently, that is) is Shazam!: The Power of Hope.

#19 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Like other people have said the death of Damian was pretty sad. Batman and Robin issue 18 in particular was very moving

#20 Posted by TheArtOfRuin (135 posts) - - Show Bio

This. I'm pretty new to comics so I haven't read much yet. I want close to crying, but the whole Robin dying story was real sad. Especially the silent issue, I believe Batman #19?

#21 Posted by HumanRocket (8174 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man's funereal that one got to me.

#22 Edited by IrishX (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of the best single issue comics ever. There are a lot of issues that came before it that you need to read to fully appreciate it though. It definitely had an emotional impact on me.

R.I.P Chuckles

#23 Posted by bob808 (6775 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie said:

This. I'm pretty new to comics so I haven't read much yet. I want close to crying, but the whole Robin dying story was real sad. Especially the silent issue, I believe Batman #19?

that is so corny

#24 Posted by batmannflash (6221 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Robin #18. Emotional issue

#25 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised no ones said this but i have to go with superman 712 where krypto is looking for superboy after he died during crisis story

#26 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

When I read this comic....

#27 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised no ones said this but i have to go with superman 712 where krypto is looking for superboy after he died during crisis story

Probably because a lot of emotional comics have come out since that one. Was a very touching story though

#28 Posted by TheArtOfRuin (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808 said:

@theartofruin said:

that is so corny

How is Bruce Wayne losing his son corny?

#29 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Lay down

2. Try not to cry

3. Cry uncontrollably

#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

All Star Superman.

His goodbye to Lois.

#31 Posted by lifeofvibe (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: hugs (that happened to me to)

#32 Posted by bob808 (6775 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808 said:

@theartofruin said:

that is so corny

How is Bruce Wayne losing his son corny?

because it is so laughable.

#33 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

When Batman beat up generic thug #317, he didn't deserve it. I cried for a week straight, still brings a tear when I think about it.

#34 Posted by TheArtOfRuin (135 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8008 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by gor724 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

When Superman got a mullet, so sad.

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I ever flat out cried, but I was teared up with the Fallout of Ultimate Peter Parker's death and the little girl asking Aunt May if she needed a hug. 616 Peter meeting Ultimate Aunt May and Gwen Stacy was a little intense. And let's not for

Pa's death in Brainiac was a heart-tugger as was his goodbye in All-Star.

#38 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

Captian America 8. i felt sad and had a tear over the death of Ian. the death of damian didnt even phase me.

#39 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

What immediately followed this:

#40 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7848 posts) - - Show Bio

When I heard they were cancelling Venom. But they were man-tears damn it, man-tears.

#41 Edited by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

In one of the Batman issues, Bruce was still grieving over Damian and there was a final scene where he and Alfred were re-watching recorded videos of Bruce and Damian out in action together. I got choked up a little reading that.

#42 Posted by The Stegman (24431 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come, when Captain Marvel died

#43 Posted by chem86 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

NONE, because I'm not a girl!

All kidding aside, I've had two only that got me to shed some tears.

#44 Posted by ccraft (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never cried, but I've teared up a few times

#45 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Very powerful stuff

#46 Posted by gor724 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

@tikhunt said:

The only reason they did AvX is to make the Avengers as good as they are in the movie so new readers who loved the movie would feel comfortable. God dammit they made Nick Fury's son look like like Samuel L Jackson for a reason.

#47 Edited by ownagepants (4574 posts) - - Show Bio

spidermans death in ultimate spiderman dammit he was a hero to the very end way better the death then they gave him at the end of his original series

PETER PARKER FOREVER !!!!!!!

#48 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

The ending of "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?". What Batman says as he is about except his death. His statements on his life and him saying goodbye to the things that made him the best (along with Grayson) superhero ever IMO: Alfred, Robin, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face Commissioner Gordon, Poison Ivy, Ra's al Ghul, Batmobile, the Batcave, Wayne Manor.

Also I read it at the end of middle school (couple months ago) and it made me realize how much I connected with Batman as I made my journey out of that school which taught me who I was just like how he looked back on the journey that made him who he was.

New 52's Batman #16- Just getting back into comics and I see my hero die in the hands of Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Two-Face. Also teared up a bit to see how I the Bat family looked dead. That was also the first time I got excited to see a story arcs finale.

Mad Love- First time I read it.

#49 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfft. Real men don't cry.

#50 Posted by sinestro_GL (3160 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Man Who Has Everything...even the JLU adaptation