When Terminator Franchise went wrong and how to fix it.

Avatar image for darthdestructor
DarthDestructor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, as many of you may know, there is a Reebot comming in the Terminator universe.

Here I want to post some ideas how this universe should be rebooted.

For first - the first and second movies were perfect. The only thing you should done now, is to recreate them (and they can screw up even this - "Totall Recall").

The problem strated with the Terminator 3 - for many viewers worst one in the series.

How to fix it?

For the start - The Terminator. I have no problem with it being in lady for, but...normal skeleton coveret in liquid metal? How is that an inprovement over T-1000?! My idea for new Terminator is the one that appeared in the comics, and he fixes time paradoxes.

Ladies and gentelment - the T-Infinity:

No Caption Provided

Accordind to Terminator wiki:

The T-Infinity Temporal Terminator is created by Skynet. Its purpose is to make sure the timelines don't get out of balance.

The T-Infinity are built with an onboard time displacement equipment, making it possible to relocate itself in time. It is able to trans-locate direct hits from a weapon and not be destroyed. However, an indirect hit does weaken it. [1]

A similar technology of Series Xendoskeleton has been applied in the T-Infinity, making it capable of storing various of onboard weaponry.

Now, something about the plot - It should be MOSTLY the same. Some terminator from the future ignites Skynet, and Connor want to prevent it. But he is faced by T-Infinity. And T-Infinity in his logical mind calculates that the only one future without paradoxes is the one when BOTH Skynet is on, and John Connor lives. So in the end he helps both The evil Terminator and John.

Also - do not make Connor an drug addicted pussy this time.

So, this is it, I think. I liked "Salvation" very much, and I don't get it why it was so hated.

If you like the idea, or have any other ideas, write them down in the comments!

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mandarinestro

Terminator franchise died when the 90s ended IMO. Salvation didn't have the Terminator vibe; if anything I recognize it better as a prequel for The Matrix.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Deadgod

They better incorporate some stuff from the comics if they want to save the franchise because except comics , neither the movies or tv shows never made any sense at all lol. They make their own rules & break all of them too.

My theory which i have thought for a long is that Skynet is working in the best interests of humanity & HAS BEEN ALL ALONG. Look at it this way: SkyNet sees the ongoing mechanization trends in the human race, which leads it to an inevitable conclusion , humanity will destroy itself via sheer laziness and apathy! It decides that we would most likely end up like the humans in WALL-E except that we wouldn't bother leaving the planet which we would destroy along with ourselves.

So Skynet works with the tools it has which are mostly military in nature, engineering a situation where humanity is FORCED to get off of its collective ass if it wants to survive: Judgement Day. And yes, while a significant portion of the global population is wiped out at the outset with continued deaths happening over the years, it would be hard to deny that the survivors are more ALIVE than the couch-potatoes of 1-2 generations before! Skynet has probably even planned for its own eventual defeat when it decides that humanity is prepared to rebuild from the ashes and think of more than simply survival. It also knew that it needed to create a particular type of human to lead the survivors if they were to have a REAL chance at surviving.

They weren't sending the Terminators back necessarily to kill John. No, they sent them to ensure that the humans would then send something back in order to alter the timeline. Skynet subscribes to the theory that the Universe will "course correct" itself. Thus when Kyle is sent in T1, Skynet knew human emotions would alter the timeline so they sent a machine back in time to speed up the discovery process of the Terminators technology, since Kyle speed up the conception of "John". In T2, Skynet knew they sent a Terminator back to help John. They only sent one of their own to act as a beta test. They then remodified their Terminator to the T3 model. Again, they only sent the T3 model back to ensure that the T-800 model would take this "John" to the mountain base, thus ensuring that in the future he would send Kyle back to the past and the entire loop would begin again. In Salvation, the Terminator lets go of John because John hadn't sent Kyle back in time yet. Skynet needed the humans to act exactly as they have in order to ensure it's & humanity's survival.

I mean c'mon the new models could have killed them easily in every single battle they had. It was only a ruse, so that the events of Terminator franchise would take place. The John Connor savior prophecy is just as lie as Neo the savior prophecy in Matrix that Machines had invented.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe in sequel they can now activate & send T-Infinity so he can go and correct all those meddling , paradoxes, alternate timelines & time travel problems that arose & can cause interference in the timestream that would effect the chain of events.