When people say "Batman can beat Superman" are they....

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll When people say "Batman can beat Superman" are they.... (66 votes)

Underrating Superman 11%
Overrating Batman 30%
Some of both 39%
Neither, they're just trying to start an argument. 20%

"Batman would win" is not an option. Your welcome in advance. :)

Note: The originator of this poll is not a Bat-hater. If you look at the "Popularity Tournament" there was Batman vs Superman match for better character, and yours truly voted for Batman. I'm simply curious as to what the impression most of us have of Bat-fanboys. I will be voting for overrating Batman.

• 
xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This poll is awfully biased toward Superman.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If I had to pick 2 it'd be the first and last. And dude I know where you are coming from but there are many versions of this thread and we don't need another. If anyone tries to even say that bats can beat supes they are obviously trolls or they are completely ignorant of who superman is. Let them be ignorant and let's just hope that one day they come across one of these threads to find out that they were wrong.

'Stay frosty my friend'

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

superman just does not get the same love as batman . not saying he sucks , fans want their favorites in the same limelight and its tough.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ciriel

I know a ton of people that hated Superman so much because: "He's boring, generic, lame," the list goes on. Now out of nowhere they praise him and wear merchandise because of Man of Steel lol. I think a lot comes from lack of knowledge about characters. This is happens on many forums. I enjoy the vine because I see educated answers frequently. I'm not going to name them, but some anime forums I have seen are quite laughable. Example: Character with fire powers versus another made of diamonds. The first post was, "Fire can't burn diamonds so Diamond Character wins." *face-palm* So I feel like this extends much further than Batman vs Superman, but I definitely understand OP's point.

RainbowBOMBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RainbowBOMBS

Batman's villains can't compare to Superman's. Batman basically fights mental patients who he is scared of actually killing. Superman fights intergalactic beings who have reality warping powers. People use out of context scans as feats for Batman to make it seem like Superman loses. You also have to think about how strong Superman is even though he holds back. Batman may not kill the mental patients, but he murders random street thugs all the time. Therefore, Batman does not always hold back, and he still cannot beat Superman. The reason this battle is an argument is that Batman is written to be broken and have always have prep time.

RainbowBOMBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RainbowBOMBS
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If Batman's kick can knock down a tree, the kick in the first image should break that goon's neck. Why couldn't he have just knocked him out? Gosh, Batman.

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This poll is awfully biased toward Superman.

Yes it is. I realize that. Again, my intention is not to start a Batman vs Superman thread. It's more about Batman fanboys, who are quite vocal and numerous. (Fanboys, not fans..I am a big Batman fan) I used Superman in the question, because I think Superman vs Batman threads are where the fanboys are their most vocal. When I read their responses, my usual thought is "They sure are overrating Batman."

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always figure its people hopping on the "he's the god damn batman" bandwagon. not keeping in mind that batman isnt presented as perfect even in his own comics, he's skilled i'll give him that but not invincible and not omniscient. i blame internet memes :P

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I always figure its people hopping on the "he's the god damn batman" bandwagon. not keeping in mind that batman isnt presented as perfect even in his own comics, he's skilled i'll give him that but not invincible and not omniscient. i blame internet memes :P

Truth

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Catsnlynne

The correct answer is Who Cares.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would win ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: yes he would given the circumstances that he is in, u batman hater

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would win ;)

@farkam said:

@russellmania77 said:

Batman would win ;)

No he wouldn't.

Arrggghhh..what I hoped to avoid (maybe that was unrealistic? Maybe I didn't go about it correctly?) I realize these replies are tongue in cheek, I just hope there's not a snowball effect.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By russellmania77

@manwhohaseverything: don't act innocent, you know you were bating batman fans as soon as you put the title, that's like making a thread titled "goku would beat superman" than putting in the op "no debating please"

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77: Thanks for your amazing mind-reading powers! While I admit I knew that possibility existed, I think I've actually succeeded. This thread is far from out-of-hand, and I don't think it'll get that way.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: out of hundreds of the same kind of thread ok I'll give you that, only difference is the bias poll you put in.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm sorry, but this thread seems like intentional bait. Superman losing to Batman in the popularity tournament has nothing to do with who can beat whom, it's about who has more fans. Of course irrational fanboys of Batman are always going to support their hero, but that goes for nearly any character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd vote "stupid" but that's not a choice.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the "E" being douchebag fanboys button?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no more Batman vs Superman threads

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SheenLantern

@russellmania77 said:

@farkam: yes he would given the circumstances that he is in, u batman hater

There is no realistic circumstance that would leave Batman as the winner, no amount of Kryptonite or gadgets would change that.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Tower of Babel... And that's cause he only came up with the plan and not the one to execute it

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no prep Superman

Prep Superman

Prep and allies helping Batman Batman

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77: Superman heat visions Talia and the Kryptonite, instant win for Superman.

Next.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By sinestro_GL

The single word I hate most in battle forums and threads is "prep"

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: if we're talking about man of steel superman than yes he would do such a thing to a person

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

they are trolling so hard and their fanboyism is beyond 9000

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: out of hundreds of the same kind of thread ok I'll give you that, only difference is the bias poll you put in.

I admit, it is biased. Purpose of the poll, I thought, was simple enough. For those of us who don't think Batman beating Superman is reasonable, what is the over all view of the Batman fans that insist it is? Are they underrating Supes or overrating Bats? Clearly folks like yourself must think we're underrating Batman, or overrating Superman.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: dude you realize batman is human right? Nobody has ever said batman can always beat superman, no matter what, when they say batman wins its just a joke, of course he doesn't always win. There are 1000 different ways superman can beat n KILL batman, all I'm saying is that he is CAPABLE of winning, by prep, gadgets, plans, and weaknesses. Batman needs all of those to win, but if superman is bloodlusted, well then batman will always lose no matter what... Good thing he never is.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really get wound up when people say Batman can beat superman. We've seen in MOS that Superman can see through walls, has super hearing, senses etc, moves very very fast and can knock a fellow Kryptonian through a dozen tower blocks and yet we're supposed to believe that somehow Batman could smuggle in some krypton and attack Superman before supers has had a chance to react. Batman fights in stories with non super powered villains for a reason. In any fight situation, he would lose badly against a meta powered human. Normal non super-powered human beings break really easily and Superman would just have to blow batman over to finish him off. Its not like Iron Man where you have the guy in a super powered armoured suit. Batman is basically James Bond with a bit of body armour and more up to date gadgets I'm not a Batman hater, just someone who likes a tiny dose of realism in comics!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was looking for an "out of their minds" option, but I couldn't find one.

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: dude you realize batman is human right? Nobody has ever said batman can always beat superman, no matter what, when they say batman wins its just a joke, of course he doesn't always win. There are 1000 different ways superman can beat n KILL batman, all I'm saying is that he is CAPABLE of winning, by prep, gadgets, plans, and weaknesses. Batman needs all of those to win, but if superman is bloodlusted, well then batman will always lose no matter what... Good thing he never is.

Actually a good point. I'll concede this point. Again, though, not the purpose of the poll. Another thing I'll concede....never do another Superman/Batman thread again!!! Some lessons must be learned the hard way.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If Batman's kick can knock down a tree, the kick in the first image should break that goon's neck. Why couldn't he have just knocked him out? Gosh, Batman.

It has to do with the tree not moving. If he kicked the goon with the same force it'd send him flying. Which it kinda did btw. That and Batman aims not to kill. Batman Arkham verse is basically just like pre 52 Bats.

Stay frosty my friend