When do you think humanity will ascend into godhood?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like when do you humans will start to develop superhuman abilities or when will most of humanity have some type of godlike power. Think after a million years of evolution.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soon the elites will upload consciousness into AI and be virtual gods.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

We already did, from the perspectives of past generations, at least, by your definition. Unless it has to take a million years, in which case you answered your own question, sorta.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends if humanity decides that we need to change

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Heinrich7

No idea, Sometime after the Technological Singularity(Which is a synonym for an event horizon that's impossible to see beyond) . We could be the Q in the next century or two. Progress will be so insanely fast and AGI millions(Perhaps billions or trillions) times more intelligent then us(Which will be us by then) will have accelerated progress beyond our comprehension. One things for sure, the future is going to look nothing like Star Wars or Star Trek(Or any kind of Science Fiction tbh).

You could argue we're somewhat gods now compared to people living in the 1900s. But I think Transhumanism(Things like Gene Therapy and Nanotechnology) will be the staple for us in the 2020s-2040s. Society is going to have a ton of taboo with things like Biological Immortality, people completely changing their gender or skin colour, and most of all mind uploading(Either Gradual or Instant). I'm interested to see how Religions will respond as well...

@03s7: Biological Evolution is pretty much useless now compared to things like CRISPR-Cas9. Much of the mainstream really doesn't know whats going on right now. A Biotech Company(Bioviva) recently treated it's first patents for Age Reversal using the CRISPR methodology. We live in exciting times. We're entering the Deus Ex era...Mankind could be divided. And the next stage in evolution will be completely influenced by technology. Hell, I recently got my Genome Sequenced for 350 dollars last month. Something that costed billions only 9 years ago.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you get done making my sandwich.

mechwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By mechwalker

I already have.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Overmonitor

Depends on what you mean by Godhood. But probably in 200 years we will upload ourselves to computers and live in virtual paradise or inhabit robots in reality. We will never need to eat, die, fight, or kill again. Society will be a strange place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heinrich7: hmmmmmmmm so you think technology will push us to ridiculous heights? What about the people abstain from using it, where will they be in a million years. Will they be unique to everyone else?

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Heinrich7

@03s7 said:

@heinrich7: hmmmmmmmm so you think technology will push us to ridiculous heights? What about the people abstain from using it, where will they be in a million years. Will they be unique to everyone else?

I think the people who abstain from any form of modification whether it be Gene Therapy or refusal to embrace Nanotechnology in the coming years will either A: Live until 100-120, then die(They'll still use Gene Therapy to destroy Cancer as with the recent case 2 weeks ago of 30 patients having removed leukemia with Gene Therapy) . Or say: On second thought, make me young again/Upload Me. Or B: change their minds in the span of a few years once the mainstream starts getting these life changing techs. I think the majority of those who abstain to become post human will be the hardcore old guard/or extreme right. You also need to remember that just because the first generation refuses (Lets say in this case the early Baby Boomers) doesn't mean their descendants will. So each generation would choose to join the rest of us(Sort of like how the Amish have Rumspringa) gradually until regular Humans become Trans-humans. I honestly think it's going to be extremely difficult for the Old Guard to resist, when You can fix the tips of your chromosomes and fix mitochondrial mutation for a couple hundred dollars and be 25 indefinitely, it'd bring a revolution that even Virtual Reality or Smartphones couldn't match. And 7 years later, everyone owns a smartphone.

The final point i'd like to add to the abstainers is their children. I think a lot of kids would be heartbroken if their parents refused to join them on the train to Tomorrow land. And even with everything else, that's going to add a ton of pressure on their choice to abstain. You also need to remember that people will be modded to different degrees. Some people may just want a Biological Immortal Lifespan. Whereas others will want full Nanotech induced mind uploading to prevent any form of death by Accident or Act of Violence. It's going to be a diverse place with many people getting different modifications.

In 1,000,000 years? I honestly couldn't say because by then all Biological Species that have died off could already be recreated at that point, by that I mean we could literally have Dinosaurs or Chalicotheres walking around. Assuming we choose not to bring them back or sustain them? Probably extinct. Honestly once an Artificial General Intelligence starts running things I have no clue what the world would look like the following years after. It would only greatly accelerate technological progress even faster than it's exponentially accelerating now. Again it's beyond our comprehension at this moment.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering our unparalleled ability for douche baggery... Hopefully never.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting topic.

I do not believe we will ever develop superhuman powers naturally, i feel we would end up creating something that makes us superhuman

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heinrich7: you make very good points, but there are already extreme cases of outliers. Look at John Chang or Mas Oyamma. These people are already pushing the envelope for superhuman. You don't think people like that will continue to evolve and their genes passed down and down constantly evolving. Technology can't be the only way humans evolve, we're already seeing abnormal anomalies in human beings now. I think a million years those anomalies will become common.