#1 Posted by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like every time I go through forums over the past couple weeks I see DBZ getting bashed. And it's always the same topic. Like if you don't enjoy the show, don't talk about it. It's success isn't or hasn't ever effected your everyday life.

#2 Posted by SheenLantern (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it has the worst fans in the world.

#3 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

ah it's fine, just keep it away from my comic book world.

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

People keep making threads about it.

That's like honey to haters.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, there's always a different trend every few weeks.

#6 Edited by hardcorefakes (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the comic nerds are butthurt that Bills solos the JLA and Avengers.

#7 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

After the Death Battle there were long rebuttals to argue of it that seems to go nowhere an it seem to be made make them look smart. This made several argue the logic that was given. I argued Dragonball logic with Dragonball logic.

#9 Edited by SheenLantern (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes said:

I actually can't tell if you're joking or not.

#10 Posted by SoA (4671 posts) - - Show Bio

the Dragonball Universe is great . people are petty so they must hate on it (they might also be Hal Jordan fans so that explains a lot too) I wont compare it to comic book characters but anything Dragonball is due its respect .

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like every time I go through forums over the past couple weeks I see DBZ getting bashed. And it's always the same topic. Like if you don't enjoy the show, don't talk about it. It's success isn't or hasn't ever effected your everyday life.

They are haters!

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes said:

Pfft, Zatanna just puts Bills back inside her hat.

#13 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa: Dragonball is fun but the flaws need to be exposed or they will continue. This may mean being a kill joy but you have to say what hell hero or people will use that as to inspire to or they make terrible imitations.

#14 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

It gets hate because it gets brought up. Some people can't stand the show and make this known. Some people don't like the pacing, characters, and most importantly, the action. I am among them, but I don't hate the show entirely. I just dislike it.

#15 Posted by BlackWind (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

The thread I made wasn't meant to hate. Just ask if and why people think DBZ deserves the level of fame it has.

#16 Edited by Web_Flotsam (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Well, it did make anime a bit more popular and was good for the Shonen genre. WHY it made anime popular is a good question, as there were many similar yet better series before it.

#17 Edited by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

Because it has the worst fans in the world.

I was going to just say that I stopped following it when Goku became a red eyed monkey.

But that whole Popo thing never did sit right with me and if people are cosplaying it then there's my reasons why I'm not into it anymore.

Just saying.

#18 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's fanboys are worse than BRONIES.

#19 Posted by Joygirl (18029 posts) - - Show Bio

Because DBZ is stupid and it's entire fanbase needs to migrate to AnimeVice since it has been made increasingly clear that they don't really fit in here.

#20 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14705 posts) - - Show Bio

People like to hate on things they suppose don't like so much but spend so much time talking about. /shrug

#21 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense to those people who actually enjoy DBZ, but the fan base is terrible--rude. Every freaking time I watch a video that's about Superman, there's always this one person who says "Goku could beat Superman in a blink of an eye", which would turn the entire thing into a never ending debate.

#22 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (9862 posts) - - Show Bio

I just think it get WAY to much credit, to say that if it wasn't for DBZ soo many anime wouldn't be here or that it's the ''Superman'' of anime is just...wrong. I'll admit it played a big part in bringing anime to America, and inspiring new anime, but it's really wasn't the only one doing that.

#23 Posted by i_like_swords (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

Neh.. I really don't like DBZ/Naruto type animes. And Avatar, with their clearly above peak human, peak human martial artists, and their blurry fight scenes, and their special form of magic that they don't call magic but is still magic no matter how you look at it. I hate the shows, but it bugs me that I need to contend with them on the battle board. Magic/Anime/Manga just bug me. I came here for comics and left with a thousands kicks to the eyebrow.

#24 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

People bash DBZ because its popular, Superman gets bashed, Batman gets bashed but Dragonball Z is a ANIME. So on a website (largely based around comics) its probably going to get bashed.

Some DBZ fans like to attack comic book fans and visa versa with "my anime charcter could kick your comic book charaters ass!"

Anime fans and Comic book fans are just as worse as each other.

P.s If I see one more Goku vs Superman argument, im going to rage quit.

#25 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1628 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't deserve the level of praise it has, but it's a fun anime no matter how you look at it. I don't necessarily think it deserves the hate it gets here, though. I mean,the only part I hate about it really is the fanboys that think Goku soloes the entire western hemisphere. Other than that, it definitely ranks as my favorite show.

#27 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

Most DBZ fans seem to only care about how powerful their characters are and who all they can beat. They never stop to realize that these characters aren't intersting beyond a second grade level of thought similar to "my dad can beat up your dad".

Also, it's quite over discussed here for not being a comicbook.

#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (38057 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple, DBZ is popular so it gets bashed. Batman, Superman, Wolverine, and other top tier characters get haters who jump on bandwagons just to hate on something popular. It's the same with DBZ.

#29 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant stand DBZ. I find the show boring and the fans annoying. Its irritating seeing the characters being talked about in Superhero threads on here as well.

#30 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5749 posts) - - Show Bio

Ikr its ridiculous you all know you watched DBZ when you all were little.

#31 Posted by Cooldes (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Because DBZ is stupid and it's entire fanbase needs to migrate to AnimeVice since it has been made increasingly clear that they don't really fit in here.

WTF?!? this was excessively harsh dude..

why isn't someone like me who loves comics and Dbz allowed to Coexist here with everyone else?

this comment sounds alot like the things intolerant people say.

anyway, dbz gets so much hate here because of haterz. there are alot if dbz fans on this site i'm sure, and the users who hate on dbz are just haters of dbz

#32 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching a few my little pony videos on reacting to haters the same could be said to any fandom. Just like there several different subgroups of fandom there are several group anti-fandom. right now I think the lashing is either with the people that have bad experiences or the trolls.

#33 Posted by Joygirl (18029 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Yeah that was a bit much, I apologize for that. I am just tired of the constant feud between the DBZ fans and the entire rest of the site, and wish it would just be over. DBZ battles got banned and we haven't stopped hearing about it since, on top of the DBZ threads that still leak through regardless of the ban.

#34 Posted by Jack Donaghy (877 posts) - - Show Bio

Jealous they can't see their favorite heroes flirt with the Goddess known as Bulma.

#35 Posted by ComeOutAndPlay (329 posts) - - Show Bio

The fans are probably upset that dbz threads are banned.

#36 Edited by jumpstart55 (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Same reason, why people like bashing Superman,or Batman or even Wolverine.

#37 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

DBZ may as well be solely on animevice.

There hasn't been a single tourney or CAV where only one side has DBZ char(s) that hasn't started a flame war in months from what I've seen.

#38 Edited by Bierschneeman (3838 posts) - - Show Bio

its a bad show, with bad writing, and bad fANS.... who are all either 11 or decided to be like peter pan and never grow up.

ohh and do they have a comic?? if not, THAN THATS WHY. it really wouldn't need to be mentioned on a forum about comics at all in the firstplace

EDIT ahh there is DBZ comics.....a ridiculsly small numberespecially considereing the large number of threads ive passed over lately

#39 Edited by thelocust619 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics and Manga are the literal exact same thing just from different cultures. People who hate on all manga are just racist. People hate on DBZ because they only know about the shows that over dramatized everything. To say all DBZ fans never grow up, you could say the same for comic fans. Don't even go there, dick. Were all in this together because we all have that inner kid that draws us to these worlds of fantasy that most people in the world could care less about. Even in Japan, reading manga is not technically "cool" and its the same here. I forget who said that but he pissed me off, how ignorant can you be. Dbz has a very simple, likable formula for doing things that contradicts the ways some people are used to as it oversimplifies them so they assume that fan base is just as simple. Meanwhile, dbz fans need to learn there's other ways to be powerful then just straight on dbz logic. Its nostalgia that both sides have, that they childishly hold onto instead of trying to understand the other side. I'd say people who hate on dbz just for being dbz are being ignorant, its the same generalization of saying superman has all the personality if a flying brick. So what? He's cool. We all deal with shortcomings in our favorite series and get past it anyway. Its not the fans, its the fanatics and they need to calm down. Its intolerance.

#40 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense to those people who actually enjoy DBZ, but the fan base is terrible--rude. Every freaking time I watch a video that's about Superman, there's always this one person who says "Goku could beat Superman in a blink of an eye", which would turn the entire thing into a never ending debate.

Yup. Jesus...Supes can't catch a break.

#41 Edited by thelocust619 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't let fanatics ruin an enjoyable series. That's immature. If u see goku vs superman on a YouTube comments section, ignore it and laugh cuz uk that guys a newb. The art is not responsible for its fans behavior. I went on a naruto site they said naruto beats goku like...what? So even their fans get fanatical. Batman with prep beats everything? Superman one-shots everyone else even remotely in his league? It happens to every fan base, and giving the entire series a bad rep just makes everyone defensive. Dbz gets bashed because comic fanatics are just as immature as manga fanatics. They're all equally awesome and it just comes down to preference. With exceptions...some are just awful.