This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

In your honest opinion, what's genuinely wrong withe the comic book industry? What can be done to fix the problems. Lock if done before.

One thing I think should be done is comic books being sold in retail mega-giants Wal-mart, Target and Best buy. Hundreds of millions of people shop at these stores every week. I don't think this fix the problems of the industry, I think it would help the overall declining sales immensely.

#2 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@foolkiller1 said:

In your honest opinion, what's genuinely wrong withe the comic book industry? What can be done to fix the problems. Lock if done before.

One thing I think should be done is comic books being sold in retail mega-giants Wal-mart, Target and Best buy. Hundreds of millions of people shop at these stores every week. I don't think this fix the problems of the industry, I think it would help the overall declining sales immensely.

I think they tried that in the 90's and it didn't work. I think the future of comics is in digital downloads (if they start pricing them better than they currently are.) and in graphic novels.

#3 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@foolkiller1: I miss comics not being available in convince stores. Way to go Diamond!

Also Marvel obviously milking every bit of a story for extra money (see AvX)

DC & Marvel need to support creator's rights a smidgen more. And less editorial control.

Digital downloads should be much cheaper, but that would cut into the LCS business.

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

I think they tried that in the 90's and it didn't work. I think the future of comics is in digital downloads (if they start pricing them better than they currently are.) and in graphic novels.

I wish they sold comic books in wal-mart,My comic book shop is way too far.

#5 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to ADVERTISE THEIR COMICS BETTER. It seems to me that these publishers only advertise their comics to people who already read their comics. How are people supposed to know about your products if you don't shove it in their faces every three seconds?

#6 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

There is also bookstores(that is where I got my comics when I was younger).