• 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Squalleon (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

Really,it is ridiculous.I saw some posts that are completely irrational.I understand that as fans they want to defend him but that has gone out of hand.

So,why do you think it is happening?

Edit: And because i was accused of disliking batman,i want to say that i like the character.

If i wasn't i wouldn't write blogs about him neither would i have read so many comics.

#2 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Because, of the Nolan movies.

#3 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

i feel the same way about WW fan boys and fan girls they are either lecturing you on how wonder woman is somehow as strong as supes and as fast as flash with no real proof or how he costume should be changed cause its to reveiling theyre so annoying

#4 Posted by kasino (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

well better books/movies

winning record

most popular

its like being a Laker or Yankee fan but without having to be from NY or LA

#5 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

outliers like millers version where he kicked superman and the part where he did the spectre kick

debates should be objective though rather than subjective

#6 Posted by ClarkWayne (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Oni_Bane (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

There world will shatter... sad...

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasino said:

well better books/movies

winning record

most popular

its like being a Laker or Yankee fan but without having to be from NY or LA

Those aren't reasons to annoy people. I can have a billion legit reasons why some popular character is better than another popular one, but that doesn't mean I have to tell the fans of the latter all the time. If the character I like is so obviously better, there's no reason I need to remind people constantly

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the followers of any god, they feel the need to create shrines of worship to their deity. Lest he cast his shadowy vengeance.

...

I'm just f**king with you.

People suck.

#10 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon:

-This topic has lost relevence more recently

-Its also been done enough times to fill a booth at Applebees

-The title sounds like obvious flame bait

#11 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

i feel the same way about WW fan boys and fan girls they are either lecturing you on how wonder woman is somehow as strong as supes and as fast as flash

Hey. Cuz it's true. :D

#12 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

Like the followers of any god, they feel the need to create shrines of worship to their deity. Lest he cast his shadowy vengeance.

...

I'm just f**king with you.

People suck.

hahaha this 
#13 Posted by acer51 (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is a superhero without any powers.

That makes them feel they need to make it clear he's not just as good, he's BETTER then all the other superheros for doing it without the powers.

They get defensive when you mention the fact he has no powers, by saying HIS BRAINS ARE HIS POWERS, or more barbarically HE"S THE DANG BATGOD HE WINS. >,> I feel this is not nessecary we know Batmans tough as you can get without powers, and I like Hawkeye myself, but it's just he has such a large fanbase willing to defend his lack of powers. Also he's been around so long that more then one generation has come and gone being Batman fans, so followers of Batman are extremly dedicated, more so then there more shallow Superman fan counterparts. You have to appreciate intelligence to really like Batman, you have to have no problem with him being a superrich person in an extremely gothic city, you have to suspend your belief and not wonder why if he's rich enough in resources to have a Nuclear generator in his cave he doesn't just help Gotham (the city he's trying to save) out of poverty with his billions of dollars. You have to love animal based characters. You have to deal with the fact Gotham doesn't need him, that..or they don't deserve him, either one makes him either pathetic or over confident in himself. You must have faith in what he says, you have to be dedicated to the fact he'll win against Superman with a calculator a teaspoon and the right reflection of the sun to kill him with red sun rays. He's completely incapable of having a relationship, so if your a socially awkward preppy geek you can relate to him alot. He has a belt with everything in it, if you liked bob the builder you''ll like him too. He has had several boy wonders with no pants as side kicks, so the fact he can't have a relationship isn't a huge surprise.

Batmans wins.

#14 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Every fanboy is horrible. There just happens to be more Batman fans in general which is why you see it more with Batman.

#15 Posted by kasino (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: I'm not for annoying people but seen this before from fans of non-winning franchises as a NYer(die hard Yankees fans) who has lived in Cleveland, so I've seen the reaction from fans of lets say not on the winning side fans

and if your saying you don't want to hear it all the time I wouldn't be on a comic debate site where most of the posters seem to love or hate Batman and find ways to talk about him

same as gathering around basketball fans and not talking about Kobe/Lebron and any other subject. the most popular aspect of each subject will be mentioned more often then not..no one cares about Konrad Zuse but everyone has an idea about Steve Jobs

#16 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, in all fairness fan is short for fanatic so they are simply being fans in the truest sense of the word.

#17 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Every fanboy is horrible. There just happens to be more Batman fans in general which is why you see it more with Batman.

#18 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

Well, in all fairness fan is short for fanatic so they are simply being fans in the truest sense of the word.

Nicley said sir. Storm and Spidey I've seen being being deffended to absurd levels.

#19 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Winchester said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Well, in all fairness fan is short for fanatic so they are simply being fans in the truest sense of the word.

Nicley said sir. Storm and Spidey I've seen being being deffended to absurd levels.

Many thanks kind sir. I think it's safe to say that most people who participate in debates have defended a favorite character of theirs beyond their capabilities at one time or another or another.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats with non-batman fans and there need to prove there dislike of batman?

Online
#21 Edited by Squalleon (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: It's not dislike rather than sicken of bat-boys to really try to elevate the character in unreachable levels.

And when i started the topic i didn't attack the character,

I understand that batman has a huge fanbase but i never saw a dick grayson fan or an oliver queen fan,saying that their character can beat Galactus :-P

#22 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

It's quite easy actually.

1 - Every character has fanboys

2 - if we assume that 2% of a whole character's fanbase consists of fanboys, a character with 100 thousand fans will have 2 thousand fanboys and a character with 100 fans will have 2 fanboys

3 - Batman is one of the most popular super heroes currently, be it in comics, movies or any other media. Even people that don't read comics or are not that interested in super heroes know of him

4 - this means Batman is one of the characters with most potential for a large fanbase and indeed is currently one of the characters who has most fans

5 - this in conjunction with a large part of that popularity steeming from media other than comics, leads to a lot of second-hand knowledge and to misconceptions

6 - ergo, not only Batman has the most potential for fanboys due to his large fanbase, because a lot of that fanbase is not deeply involved or knowledgeable of the comics it leads to a bigger probability of fanboyism.

PS: Now that I look back it doesn't seem that simple or easy, but it actually is if you think about it for one sec

#23 Posted by Squalleon (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: It's not only the numbers as i said before i never saw a dick grayson fan or an oliver queen fan,saying that their character can beat Galactus :-P

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon said:

Really,it is ridiculous.I saw some posts that are completely irrational.I understand that as fans they want to defend him but that has gone out of hand.

So,why do you think it is happening?

Edit: And because i was accused of disliking batman,i want to say that i like the character.

If i wasn't i wouldn't write blogs about him neither would i have read so many comics.

Some posts.  
 
SOME. 
#25 Posted by Squalleon (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: ok many posts!

#26 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
Whats with non-batman fans and there need to prove there dislike of batman?
Ha! Nice
Moderator
#27 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon said:

@Jorgevy: It's not only the numbers as i said before i never saw a dick grayson fan or an oliver queen fan,saying that their character can beat Galactus :-P

Stick around awhile, you will.
Moderator
#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon: Most likely by the same few, or made in jest. 
 
This is an issue that is blown hugely out of proportion by people wanting to criticize Batman and his fans.  Can I understand your frustration? Sure. Do I think you should let it worry you? No. It's not something that is to be taken seriously. A lot of Batfans joke about the "Batgod" and the "Batman wins" catchphrase. The few who believe that Batman can beat Galactus are to be pitied, not seen as the majority.
#29 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@Jorgevy: It's not only the numbers as i said before i never saw a dick grayson fan or an oliver queen fan,saying that their character can beat Galactus :-P

@Gambler said:

@Squalleon said:

@Jorgevy: It's not only the numbers as i said before i never saw a dick grayson fan or an oliver queen fan,saying that their character can beat Galactus :-P

Stick around awhile, you will.

this. Also, you didn't understand my point. No way Green Arrow or Nightwing have as many fans as Batman. That's why you didn't see a fanboy of theirs yet and seen plenty of Bat Fanboys.

#30 Edited by Squalleon (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: refer to my first post!

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Squalleon: Most likely by the same few, or made in jest. This is an issue that is blown hugely out of proportion by people wanting to criticize Batman and his fans. Can I understand your frustration? Sure. Do I think you should let it worry you? No. It's not something that is to be taken seriously. A lot of Batfans joke about the "Batgod" and the "Batman wins" catchphrase. The few who believe that Batman can beat Galactus are to be pitied, not seen as the majority.

@FadeToBlackBolt: i hope that is a joke because really it takes the fun out of the character for some reason.

@Jorgevy: Also i hope that i won't see more hardcore fanatics of any hero.

#31 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon: I read it. Refer to the post I quoted in which you said you had never seen, "Insert statement here." I'm saying stick around awhile, you will see a ridiculious Green Arrow vs thread and Green Arrow fans defending him. Happens with every character. Not saying it doesnt happen more with Batman but as one of the most infamous characters ever I think its to be expected. And to be honest, if Galactus and Batman ended up in the same comic we alllllll know Batman would be written as the victor through some crazy batscheme. Dont blame the Batfanatics, blame the DCU lol
Moderator
#32 Posted by Strider92 (16449 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Like the followers of any god, they feel the need to create shrines of worship to their deity. Lest he cast his shadowy vengeance.

...

I'm just f**king with you.

People suck.

Yeah this lol!

#33 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: Im sorry to burst your bubble, but you eventually will find other fanatics. It's just how it is

#34 Edited by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasino: Eh... no. I'm not saying you can't express your love for a character, that's fine by me. Hell, Batman's my favorite superhero. But there's no need to bash other people's favorite characters. This doesn't happen in Comic Vine only, I remember that a few months ago I saw an article in Cracked's front page that was named something like "7 objective reasons Batman is better than Superman". Not only is that unfair, but it's completely pointless. If Batman has not only one but seven "objective" ways he's better than Superman, then what's the point in showing them? Isn't it obvious then? Or an even better question: What's the point in bashing other people's likings?

#35 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

And a lot of these people get mad whenever a storm fan posts something. Perplexes the mind.

#36 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@Squalleon: I read it. Refer to the post I quoted in which you said you had never seen, "Insert statement here." I'm saying stick around awhile, you will see a ridiculious Green Arrow vs thread and Green Arrow fans defending him. Happens with every character. Not saying it doesnt happen more with Batman but as one of the most infamous characters ever I think its to be expected. And to be honest, if Galactus and Batman ended up in the same comic we alllllll know Batman would be written as the victor through some crazy batscheme. Dont blame the Batfanatics, blame the DCU lol

this is true. Its more DC's fault for portraying him as unbeatable not the fans

#37 Posted by Cavemold (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat God wins

#38 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Short answer: Batman's a normal human fighting alongside insanely overpowered people. He doesn't need to prove his usefulness because he's Batman.

His fans are not, so they feel the need to do it for him.

#39 Posted by SC (13105 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a few things. Like one is the tickle factor. People constantly assume and try to anticipate others and almost always people are not one hundred percent accurate but they still do it anyway. The funny or interesting part is your very thread offers insight on this by individual poster reaction to your question. Some offer sympathy, some offer skepticism, some look for further clarification or offer a line of questioning, some are suspicious of your motives or question ulterior motives, Some may be telling you things you have considered, some may be telling you things you have not considered, but how people treat your thread is essentially similar to how they treat fictional characters. Like you could say that for as many Batman fans as their are, they are also a lot of Batman detractors. Often when a character is criticized or made fun of or deemed inferior, a person's understanding of the extent to which their perceive a characters criticism (among other things) fair or unfair will prompt how they respond. Whether it be sympathy, agreement, criticism, insult, skepticism, suspicion and so on. However we are talking about subjective vantage points and topics and a biggie, human perceptions, when people address others directly or indirectly they can be overzealous or overstated. This can lead to escalation, and increasing polarization. Person A says Batman is overrated, Person B counters by saying Batman is REALLY Underrated. Person A doesn't really care what Person B means and Person B probably does care what person A means, so Person A turns up the dial a bit more and now Batman is not just overrated but incredibly, incredibly, massively overrated. Person C comes along and has no idea why Person A is being so unfair to Batman so seeks trying to rectify this, person D sees person C doing this and... 
 
Think about how we could rephrase your question. Do more Batman fans try to prove Batman's superiority than other characters fans? What's with Batman detractors and their need to prove Batman's inferiority? What's with fans and proving their favorite characters superiority? How is Batman different to most characters? How is Batman similar? You could go on and on.               

Moderator
#40 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is Batman. I am a hard core batman fan, but I am also a realist. There are plenty of people Batman has no chance of beating without the proper scenario...

#41 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

And a lot of these people get mad whenever a storm fan posts something. Perplexes the mind.

It's not "A" Storm fan that upsets people.

It's "THE" Storm fan.

If you don't know the one, you haven't been paying attention.

#42 Posted by ImmortalOne (3443 posts) - - Show Bio

Not all Bat-fans (including me) are like that. In fact, there are people who are exactly the same to other characters. Storm, and Spidey, as mentioned before. Honestly, I saw this guy use the "feats" argument, and then in the same post dismiss the many times Spiderman has been hit despite the Spidey-sense as "bad writing."

#43 Edited by Wolfrazer (6687 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonSmith said:

Short answer: Batman's a normal human fighting alongside insanely overpowered people. He doesn't need to prove his usefulness because he's Batman.

His fans are not, so they feel the need to do it for him.

Batman is normal?....Last I checked, normal people wouldn't have nearly enough time in their lives to do half the things he does. Unless of course you mean in the comic book world the term normal, I guess. But in our world, he isn't normal.
#44 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: I said he's a normal human being. No genetic modifications, no abnormal aberrations, no unique powers of any kind. If I'd merely said he was normal, that would mean he was normal as in possessing traits alongside the vast majority of society. He does not. He has money, physical skills, and intellectual capabilities far above the norm. Allow me to summarize his 'normality' in a basic equation:

Batman is what would happen if Bill Gates and Bruce Lee had a baby.

Capiche?

#45 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I do know the one you are talking about. But I am saying whenever a fan of Storm posts something, and more than one does, people go up in arms. Yet a multitude of dumb Batman posts and threads are pardoned because he's batman. It is stupid.

#46 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@InnerVenom123: I do know the one you are talking about. But I am saying whenever a fan of Storm posts something, and more than one does, people go up in arms. Yet a multitude of dumb Batman posts and threads are pardoned because he's batman. It is stupid.

Because usually when Storm posts are made in big numbers, it's trolling.

#47 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I have yet to observe any legitimate fanboyism.

#48 Posted by kasino (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: lol I saw that Cracked article, one of my favorite sites...article was ok but you do know thats a comedy site

but about that article why would it be unfair?

pointless? maybe but read

and if he has 7 not just 1 reason to be better then Supes why need to list them, well I don't know if you read the article or just was using it to make a point but they are obvious reasons and even one most would agree 1.Batman would lose the fight

anyway the site has 6 reasons why Iron man is better then Batman, although based on the movies

but your talking about bashing and its not, unless its outright A sucks B doesn't instead of B is better then A as my opinion everything is fine

#49 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the same with a fanboy/girl of any other character, but there's just loads of Batman fans.

#50 Posted by Citrus (77 posts) - - Show Bio

In my short anount of time on CV, I've seen so many people complain about bat-fans, and so few actual crazy bat fans. Who cares?