Whats the scariest movie youve ever seen?

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthVxder

I just watched Sinister after hearing good things about it and it was pretty scary but mostly disturbing. I watched most mainstream horror films and have watched bits of the classics as a kid but was a kid so you know I was scared out of my mind.

What would you guys recommend to have me deprived of my sleep? Please no jumpscare fests, I'm looking for atleast some originality to its plot and twists.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

the first Paranormal Activity film is the only movie to actually frighten me as an adult.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

The Blair Witch Project is still the scariest movie I've ever seen. Some people think it's lame now, but nothing has come close for me.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the first Paranormal Activity film is the only movie to actually frighten me as an adult.

I liked the first one the most. Mostly because of its originality at the time before everyone started trying to copy it.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

The Blair Witch Project is still the scariest movie I've ever seen. Some people think it's lame now, but nothing has come close for me.

Meh I watched it. Usually I'm not bothered by the acting cause you know its normally not good the the girl in it was so annoying. It was scary though during the movie but I found the ending slightly dissapointing. I understood it but I wasnt that big of a fan. Good movie up until the end IMO.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder: I understand. The original Exorcist is really good too. Like surprisingly scary for how old it is.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

I liked the first one the most. Mostly because of its originality at the time before everyone started trying to copy it.

Yeah, the first was the best, and I think it pretty much brought back the "found footage' horror film, that particular genre had been dormant since Blair Witch. But yeah, now everyone's doing it. I know some thing Paranormal Activity is kinda boring, but when I went home, it kept me up at night, every creak and groan my house made, had me looking around.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I havent watched it yet cause people be telling me how scary it is. I usually have the mind set that Im a big boy and its just a movie and that helps me not get scarred but I just feel like it wont help this time. I heard priests were giving out flyers for if anyone needed help getting over the movie.

Now I dont believe in any of that stuff but some movies sell it pretty good tho lmao.

Is it as scary as its hyped up to be or should I watch it right now? Its dark and stuff in my room right now so you know ima be shxttxng bricks if its as scary as my friends have told me.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder said:

@the_stegman said:

Yeah, the first was the best, and I think it pretty much brought back the "found footage' horror film, that particular genre had been dormant since Blair Witch. But yeah, now everyone's doing it. I know some thing Paranormal Activity is kinda boring, but when I went home, it kept me up at night, every creak and groan my house made, had me looking around.

LMAO. I sleep like really deep to the point where I dont hear anything but after I got home from the movies I got on skype with my cousin to talk bout the movie since we saw it the same day and he was just straight up screwing with me till I hang up and I had slight nightmares to for like 2 days. Never woke up tho cause Im too good of a sleeper.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder: You should definitely watch it haha. The subliminal messaging is terrifying. Just remember, the movie is 30 years old.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

@darthvxder: No, like, legit, creepy things happen in my house. I woke up one night, and the fridge door was open, just...open. And cups constantly keep falling from counters >.< that movie had me scared of cups man...CUPS!!

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Terrifying? yep its already 9pm. I'll watch it in the morning and when I have people over. On a serious note though I'll prob watch it with my cousin cause we make fun of messep up stuff and it lightens the mood but he prob wont wat to so I'll have to be the brave lone wolf and embrace the fear. Ive seen excersim movies before though so I think I know what Im getting into but I really hope this one is different from most of the cliches they use nowadays.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I know what you mean. I have a cat and she was just making items fall the night I watched PA. My tv is kinda broken and it turns on randomly at night and then turns off. Even when I dont watch scary movies my tv is always messing with my head so I just unplug it at night now. It all went away though when I fell asleep... or so I thought xD.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It isn't necessarily scary, but Cannibal Holocaust made me have trouble sleeping for a full week.

The Grudge made me lose my mind as a kid.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Yep. Everytime I hear people say sometime myself "Ive seen it done before and better" I have high expectations for this one to be that one movie to top most if not all. Im not hard to scare since I gotta act like Im not to finish movies but its a matter of how much. I finished Sinister like 2 hours ago and everytime I go into a dark room I see the face of demon, ghost of w/e it was supposed to be.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

My parents sex tape

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: My condolences and maybe someday the MIB will visit your house.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By legacy6364

The Thing. I watched it as a kid in the middle of the night.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Batman and Robin

Scary in more ways than one.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364: One of the best sci-fi horror films of all time. The acting, story, music were all top notch. The tension was palpable the whole film through. Masterpiece.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364: One of the best sci-fi horror films of all time. The acting, story, music were all top notch. The tension was palpable the whole film through. Masterpiece.

The GIFs just made me crack a nut. I'll give it a go and judge it by every factor other than how it looks. Gave me high hopes with the acting and story being good, unlike almost every "horror" movie that comes out.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Robin

My mom used to tell me stories about this so I would go to sleep but never thought it was real. Im scared shatless of ever seeing this thing again. If I do I might die in a week of watching it.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@deathstroke52 said:

Batman and Robin

My mom used to tell me stories about this so I would go to sleep but never thought it was real. Im scared shatless of ever seeing this thing again. If I do I might die in a week of watching it.

Yeah, whenever Arnold Schwarzenegger made a bad ice pun, I literally witness cells departing from my skin.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cujo. I was scared of my dog for the next month.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaws.

I watched it in the early 80s.

To this day the only movie that REALLY scared me.

However, I don't how a 11 old boy would react in 2014...

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#27  Edited By black_wreath

Clive Barker's Hellraiser, The Shining, Suspiria and the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre all have well deserved acclaim.

A more recent one I found particularly impressive was The Strangers, I didn't expect it to be so restrained (these days, what is?) ,but its atmosphere is very impressive. Watch it alone at night to really appreciate it. While I think jump-scares are cheap and undermine atmosphere, they actually aren't detrimental to this movie.

I really hope they don't make a sequel to The Strangers, we don't need to know anything about the villains - the horror lied in the fact there was no purpose to their actions.

Also if you haven't seen it - please don't watch the inferior rip-off The Purge.

BobLoblaw937

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BobLoblaw937
No Caption Provided

This Is going to make feel old. My parents took me to see Poltergeist in the theaters when I was a kid. The little girl, Heather O'Rourke is only a few week older than I am.

No Caption Provided