Whats the most overrated movie in your opinion?

• 162 results
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By those_eyes
No Caption Provided

For me it has to be Avatar. I dont get how it won a award. I could not understand what was so damn great about it. It was not that original and the cgi was not as good as everyone made it out to be.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar as well. I never saw what was so good about it, just a bunch of primitive, archaic blue baboons wearing little skirts and throwing sticks.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Citizen Kane, its boring as hell, filled with over acting and the twist ending is that a dude was talking about a damned sled.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar was up there. It was a decent watch....but hardly an original story (see Fern Gully, The Last Samurai, Dances with Wolves, and others).

I am gonna go with Titanic. Jack's death was senseless. Both he and Rose could fit and it would have floated (Mythbusters proved it)

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

For me it has to be Avatar. I dont get how it won a award. I could not understand what was so damn great about it. It was not that original and the cgi was not as good as everyone made it out to be.

/thread lol

For real, I almost fell asleep during that movie. I actually had to force my self to finish it.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

oh thank god , when i mention this movie as meh i get looks like flayed a puppy alive

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By those_eyes

Avatar was up there. It was a decent watch....but hardly an original story (see Fern Gully, The Last Samurai, Dances with Wolves, and others).

I am gonna go with Titanic. Jack's death was senseless. Both he and Rose could fit and it would have floated (Mythbusters proved it)

No Caption Provided

Wow never thought i would hear that one. I mean i do suppose he could have made it on the raft with rose but ive never heard anyone say titanic was overrated.

TexasDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frozen. I really don't see what the big deal is with that movie.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Have to agree with Avatar. Not that I thought it was bad or anything it was just cowboys and Indians to me. Still a bit confused how it made all that money

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By legacy6364
Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Trick R' Treat, without a doubt. There are several movies I hate that others love, but rarely do I call them the
Trick R' Treat, without a doubt. There are several movies I hate that others love, but rarely do I call them the "worst movies of all time" Trick R Treat is one of those exceptions. Horribly acted, excruciatingly unfunny, mean spirited for no reason, painfully predictable, cliche, overly violent, overly sexualized without a sense of taste or reason without a single character I could even imagine thinking about liking in my wildest dreams. I would rather watch Batman & Robin, Baby Geniuses, Foodfight and Twilight on marathon for 3 days than watch this pathetic and insulting excuse for a "horror comedy"

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Twlight.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@those_eyes said:
No Caption Provided

/thread lol

For real, I almost fell asleep during that movie. I actually had to force my self to finish it.

I did fall asleep during this movie lol

Oh, and Frozen.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trick R' Treat, without a doubt. There are several movies I hate that others love, but rarely do I call them the
Trick R' Treat, without a doubt. There are several movies I hate that others love, but rarely do I call them the "worst movies of all time" Trick R Treat is one of those exceptions. Horribly acted, excruciatingly unfunny, mean spirited for no reason, painfully predictable, cliche, overly violent, overly sexualized without a sense of taste or reason without a single character I could even imagine thinking about liking in my wildest dreams. I would rather watch Batman & Robin, Baby Geniuses, Foodfight and Twilight on marathon for 3 days than watch this pathetic and insulting excuse for a "horror comedy"

Never even heard of that movie before. I may watch it just to see how bad it is. lol

Frozen. I really don't see what the big deal is with that movie.

@blade_r said:

@those_eyes said:
No Caption Provided

/thread lol

I did fall asleep during this movie lol

Oh, and Frozen.

Im surprised that movie got as much fanbase as it did. I actually havent seen it yet but i may. What specifically was wrong with Frozen in your guys opinion? I mean for an animated movie they usually cant got too wrong...can they?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar, Titanic and Citizen Kane

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers.

Not a bad movie, but completely overhyped.

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm, I think I'd have to go with Avatar as well.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Twilight series, Frozen, Avengers, TDK. The last three aren't bad but way too overhyped.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Detrolord

Avatar not the Avatar the other Avatar if your talking about the Avatar this Avatar is what im talking about and my answer is Avatar

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar not the Avatar the other Avatar if your talking about the Avatar this Avatar is what im talking about and my answer is Avatar

What? You mean Avatar the last airbender? that was a sh1t movie that everyone thought was sh1t so it wasn't overrated.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Dark Knight Rises

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar was great. I had a blast watching it in 3D. Overrated is subjective but I would go with Lord of the Rings 3 just because it didn't deserve so much love at the Academies.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FearTheLiving

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

I disagree. I love this movie, maybe because I'm a sucker for these out there horror anthologies but I watch it every Holloween (along with Slither), but hey if you'd rather watch those movies go a head cause I wouldn't touch any of them. Also I don't see a whole lot of people coming out and saying Trick R Treat is the best movie ever made so It's not really overrated either a lot of people don't even no of it's existence because of its two year delay and limited release. It's a cult movie and it's exactly that if everyone loved it it wouldn't be a cult movie it's be a blockbuster. Oh and the only over sexual short was the Red Riding Hood one, and that's kind of the point.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

@those_eyes: I think Avatar is pretty appropriately rated, it was a phenomenon in the box office, but people don't seem to really like it that much now, it seems like a 50/50 split.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE DARK KNIGHT

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

THE DARK KNIGHT

Heath Ledger's The Dark Knight.

;)

All these. Sure its a good movie, but the ground breaking cinematic masterpiece people make it out to be? no.

Dark Knight Rises

Ehh, there's only one *uhum* certain person that wanks that movie that I know.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

The Dark Knight is a good film but surely nowhere near Masterpiece Status.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers is wayy too overhyped. DOFP is better.

Avatar image for callous_adherent
Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Callous_Adherent

Citizen Kane bored me to sleep.

2001 a space Odyssey is very long and it's horrifically slow pacing and incredibly boring EVERYTHING and long stretches of NOTHING HAPPENING made it feel even longer. It's also incredibly confusing, it's just mind screw for the sake of mind screw and you can hardly tell what the hell you're seeing. And the ending? Ughhhh, I've never seen something so pretentiously obtuse since the Cell.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I agree with Avatar. I posted the reasons why on a thread I made so I'll just copy and paste it

Im talking about the James Cameron one (never saw the Sham Hammer one). Now Sci Fi or Indian movies dont really interest me, and this movie has both but for a movie that made more than 2 billion it should have been better. It was Pocahontas with smurfs and close to 3 hours long. As someone who has so much TV/Movie watching experience under his belt a movie where I know what's going to happen in the end is a living hell to sit through. I do feel that the fact that it made so much money is what pissed me of, if it had made a little less than a billion I would have not cared but for it to make that much I expect a lot more. I don't care how cool your graphics are I want a good story.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOFP and CAP 2 were better IMO. Avengers had a boring story, average action and too much comedy. It was all over the place

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did I come to this thread when I knew I'd see tons of people pick Citizen Kane?

I could have prevented this...

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Got to agree with Avatar, what a load of over-hyped rubbish.

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that more people didn't vote for 2001 because I'm one of the only people capable of actually sitting through that monstrosity.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larryashlynn said:

DOFP and CAP 2 were better IMO. Avengers had a boring story, average action and too much comedy. It was all over the place

Agreed. My picks are Avatar, Avengers, Frozen, Titanic.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Citizen Kane...close to nothing happens, the symbolism in it is not that brilliant. While the rant below isa bit over-board, I do like that he ask if you could watch one movie over and over, would you really pick Citizen Kane? I mean, really? If it's the best movie of all time, you should, but 0% actually would.

on top of all that, it really was boring.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@larryashlynn said:

I agree with all 4.... although when I watched Titanic as a kid I did cry.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@larryashlynn said:

I agree with all 4.... although when I watched Titanic as a kid I did cry.

I did too lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord said:

What? You mean Avatar the last airbender? that was a sh1t movie that everyone thought was sh1t so it wasn't overrated.

Calling the Last Air Bender movie s**t is an insult to s**t.

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Callous_Adherent

@joshmightbe said:

@those_eyes said:

@detrolord said:

Calling the Last Air Bender movie s**t is an insult to s**t.

Why do people still give Shyamalan money to make movies? He's clearly not good at it and hasn't been since the wall banging stupidity of Signs.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callous_adherent: Its one of the great mysteries of the universe. And its not like he's making hit movies, their terrible movies that are more often than not box office failures. Even when they do make money its mostly due to people telling their friends they have to see how awful it is.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That movie was indeed a let down, but I didn't hate it for being mean spirited for no reason or overly violent (I love fictional violence) but just the story itself wasn't to my liking. Lol but I damn sure wouldn't choose Twilight over it :)

Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callous_adherent: Its one of the great mysteries of the universe. And its not like he's making hit movies, their terrible movies that are more often than not box office failures. Even when they do make money its mostly due to people telling their friends they have to see how awful it is.

I'm starting to think his first few successes were just flukes, or him taking credit for what was largely other people's works. Because everything he touched since then has ranged from garbage to a cinematic holocaust.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:
@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

That movie was indeed a let down, but I didn't hate it for being mean spirited for no reason or overly violent (I love fictional violence) but just the story itself wasn't to my liking. Lol but I damn sure wouldn't choose Twilight over it :)

What's that movie about? I've never heard of trick or treat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Frozen.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Another "overrated" thread? People really like complaining about something around here.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Its a horror anthology movie, tho I don't see how its over rated. At best its a cult hit. I'm not even sure it showed in theaters and if it did it was far from a wide release. I don't think its bad by direct to video cult movie standards, by no means great but pretty much the quality you'd expect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you guys hate frozen? I liked that movie.

Oh and i really HATE Titanic. It's nearly impossible that a rich woman wants to run away with a poor loser who has no money.