Whats the difference between ki, haki, and chi

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering if there was a difference between ik chakra and haki and if so what it was.

Chakra(Naruto)

Ki(dragon ball z)

Haki(one piece)

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123:

besides the local differences

Chakra comes orginaly from the fruit of the world tree and is composed of mental /spiritual strength and physical strength

KI is a pure physical strength embodiment

Haki is basically weaponised Willpower

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@alakemega123: I thought they were all they same things with different names... more or less

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123:

Chakra comes orginaly from the fruit of the world tree and is composed of mental /spiritual strength and physical strength

Pretty much this.

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103 said:

@alakemega123:

nope, Ki is life force. In dbz it is used to do all sorts of things, including ki blasts attacks like Kamehameha. it can be increased with physical training just as much as with meditation.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm no expert, but;

Chakra is a life energy that all living creatures produce. Shinobi harness and weaponize it to form jutsu.

Haki is some type of spiritual "willpower" that every person has in them, but not everyone awakens or notices it. Both Observation and Armament Haki can be strengthened and taught with enough training, but Conqueror's Haki only exists within a select few.

Ki is life energy that can be gathered, drawn out and manipulated for many different things.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@annoyedimmortalspirit:

Physical energy not life force (if it was Goku would be dead 10000 yimes over )

it was mentioned that the Kamehameka takes all the physical strength from the entire body and fires it out

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103 said:

@annoyedimmortalspirit:

Physical energy not life force (if it was Goku would be dead 10000 yimes over )

it was mentioned that the Kamehameka takes all the physical strength from the entire body and fires it out

nope, i remember good about DBZ trust me.

first of all let me show you this: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ki

secondly: in many asian cultures, including china and japan Ki is known as life force, so why would a mangaka even change that?

thirdly: there is 1 point in the story when Gohan train by just meditating, after that he becomes MUCH much stronger, so it's not just physical strenght, nor physical energy. It's Life force. i remember this and you can check the wiki page or other sources too if you want.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cjdavis103

@annoyedimmortalspirit:

No Caption Provided

all the energy in one's body

Now life force implies that each use of that power takes away from the user's life span

physical energy on the outher hand regenerates over time

there is 1 point in the story when Gohan train by just meditating

that is taping into his potential energy and increasing efficiency

I want to stress at no times doses anyone hold back on using KI because it cut's into their life force

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103:

1) You can't just assume things, they say it is an energy that every LIVING creature have, that's why it's called life force/energy.

2) more importantly, according to Akira Toriyama, ki is made up of three components: Genki (元気; lit. "Energy"), Yūki (勇気; lit. "Courage") and Shōki (正気; lit. "Mind"). So training the mind will increase your Ki

Sorry but i remember it pretty well, i grew up with dbz

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@annoyedimmortalspirit:

from the way you discripeit it Ki is less like Life force but similar to chakra in that is a combination of forces physical mental and spiritual very similar to senjutsu from the Naruto verse

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103 said:

@annoyedimmortalspirit:

from the way you discripeit it Ki is less like Life force but similar to chakra in that is a combination of forces physical mental and spiritual very similar to senjutsu from the Naruto verse

that is basically the same thing, with a different name.

But if you study acupuncture or other forms of oriental medicine, they will always talk about Chi or Ki as life energy/force, never about physical energy

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@annoyedimmortalspirit:

I think we have differing definitions here in regards to physical/life energy

In my opinion life force basicly amonts to how long you live ( say you start with 100 years of life force using LF removes time from that set life force) and cant regenerate

physical power is basically how healthy you are it can increase it with training

AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: i see, however if you look at any definition of Ki they will always refer to it as life force or life energy (example:http://www.chimachine4u.com/chi.html) and DBZ is no exception.

what you think it's life force it's just the life span of a person

KingTheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can all essentially be viewed as similar, damn near alike in most ways, however their perspective universes use them differently.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@kingtheron: Haki is completely different from the other two.

Chakra and Ki are similar but with different way of using the life force.

KingTheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: Its only really different in how it's used. If anything, haki and ki are more similar than chakra is to the two of them. However its the way they explain the components of each other within their universes that lead one to realize just how similar they are. Haki= Willpower, Spitual Energy, and Life force. Ki= life force and energy. Chakra= physical and spiritual energy mixed together, and it is also their life force. It all makes sense if we consider that Toriyama, Kishimoto, and Oda based it off of the same concept.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@kingtheron: If you say so. But I don't see Haki forming ball of energies, meanwhile Chakra can do that.

KingTheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: Well for one thing chakra usually can't be seen by the naked eye. Only exceptionally powerful chakra is visible to the naked eye. We can relate this to how in One Piece haki attacks usually are not visible until the characters put more power into the attack. Also, if characters in One Piece were forming balls of energy with their haki, people would say that they were stealing it from Naruto or Dbz. However they can create lightning, as electricity erupts each time two people with Conquerer's Haki clash.